E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Clear Bra recommendations? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=915186)

zbeam3 04-11-2012 10:03 PM

Clear Bra recommendations?

Few different selections to chose from, 3M, Avery Nano Fusion, Venture Shield.

Anyone familiar with the differences and pro/cons to each?

330Lover_ 04-17-2012 01:18 PM

Bump, I want know too.

capttrousers 06-27-2012 05:45 PM

Bump. I'd like to find out as well!
Anybody have experience of clearbrapro ? They're out of SoCal and seem pretty good from their site
www.clearbrapro.com
Tho I'd prefer rec's from existing customers to make sure

Yassoon 06-27-2012 05:49 PM

I had the 3m on my bimmer, and had no issues in 3 years of ownership...no fading or cracking through 3 harsh winters and hot summers, it held up well

TonyDiv 06-27-2012 08:25 PM

We sold the 3M stuff as an option at the Jag / Land Rover dealership that I worked at about 10 years ago. Never had a single complaint about it.

Grande D 07-01-2012 11:23 AM

3M Clear Bra has more orange peel than others. VentureShield and XPEL are the two newer films which supposedly yellow less and do have less orange peel. They are much harder to see- I'd get one of them. Be aware that 3M owns one of those two, but I forget which one.

NaZty NaZe One! 07-06-2012 09:40 PM

3m owns venture shield.

NaZty NaZe One! 07-17-2012 08:01 PM

Bump

Ng's325ci 10-31-2012 02:29 PM

I have had both 3m and ventureshield on 2 vehicles, and installed them both.

3M on a 2007 FJ cruiser (hood + fenders) driven in winter conditions for 6 months of the year (interior BC) and it held up great. very durable film with no yellowing or bug stains, but installing it was the tricky part (hard to stretch over contours and just not a very forgiving film). I was lucky the FJ didn't have as many contours as the e46.

Venture shield on the e46 (hood, fenders, mirrors and bumper) driven year round (Vancouver BC and interior BC in summer). Very easy to install and stretch over contours but is definitely a lot softer then the 3M. At first I was skeptical about how the film would hold up, but after my dad backed into my car and pretty much put the bumper of his X5 on my hood it showed its true colours. While the hood was all crunched up there was absolutely no paint damage, as for the bumper there was a scuff from where the bumper slid over top but it polished off. The only down side to this film is BUGS! you should wash them off as soon as you can because if you let them bake for days during summer the stain may not be able to be polished off after being washed. The majority of the time though if they do stain after washing them off and polishing, just let the car sit and bake in the sun for a day and usually they will fade away.

After getting a new hood and having the fenders repainted to match I reinstalled ventureshield, but next time I would like try Xpel. I have heard nothing but good things about their film except that sometimes it yellows, but same could be said for 3M and I never had that issue.