E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Engine & Performance (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   s54 motor $2500 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=916334)

M3REHV 04-17-2012 05:06 PM

s54 motor $2500
 
used s54 complete motor with wiring harness, 90k om motor, came out of a 6speed 2001 m3
any questions call or text 714.856.1476
-no ECU, no headers, no alternator, no A/C compressor.
motor is out of car and seating on a motor stand

e30polak 04-17-2012 06:21 PM

Might also want to note that it has a spun rod bearing....

Snik 04-17-2012 06:24 PM

:huh:

ToMMMy 04-17-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30polak (Post 14302406)
Might also want to note that it has a spun rod bearing....

Here is what was said back when the motor was still in the car...

Originally Posted by toocontray91
Thats step for not having a motor? Right?

It has the motor still in it but it throw a rod bearing

M3REHV 04-17-2012 11:08 PM

don't know who toocontray91 is, this motor is on the west coast not jersey

M3REHV 04-17-2012 11:13 PM

has vanos, intake manifold, fanclutch and blades, fuel rail, injectors, plugs, ITB, wiring harness, etc.

B_Cyrus 04-17-2012 11:15 PM

mileage?

ToMMMy 04-17-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3REHV (Post 14303568)
don't know who toocontray91 is, this motor is on the west coast not jersey

I went into your threads and found that you were selling your 01 M and found that quote that someone said to you. You replied back saying about the spun bearing.

Is this true? Im asking because I am looking for an extra motor to slowly build on the side. Not trying to stur up anything, just trying to get the truth.

ToMMMy 04-17-2012 11:48 PM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...474&highlight=

MJLavelle 04-18-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToMMMy (Post 14303707)
I went into your threads and found that you were selling your 01 M and found that quote that someone said to you. You replied back saying about the spun bearing.

Is this true? Im asking because I am looking for an extra motor to slowly build on the side. Not trying to stur up anything, just trying to get the truth.

Good memory! And good for you to point this out. He says he does not know you, but you seem to know him.
I hope you are wrong, because that would be a dick move on his part.

e30polak 04-18-2012 01:59 PM

I inspected this motor personally and cylinder 1's rod bearing is toast. The crankshaft will more than likely need repair, as there were burn marks on the rod and metal shrapnel in the oil pan. Also, the oil was beyond black and was WAY heavier then the oil that should've been in the motor.

OP stated the motor had "slight" rod knock at higher rpms, which would be totally false based on the results. Not crapping on the OP's thread, however I don't want anyone to get shafted on this motor.

M3REHV 04-18-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30polak (Post 14305758)
I inspected this motor personally and cylinder 1's rod bearing is toast. The crankshaft will more than likely need repair, as there were burn marks on the rod and metal shrapnel in the oil pan. Also, the oil was beyond black and was WAY heavier then the oil that should've been in the motor.

OP stated the motor had "slight" rod knock at higher rpms, which would be totally false based on the results. Not crapping on the OP's thread, however I don't want anyone to get shafted on this motor.

this is true when you saw the motor and I was selling it as is for $2000 but I want a head and repaired the motor since than and am selling it for $2500 now since it has been fixed. I didn't know who you were because your profile has no information other then your from the ghetto and I met you through craigslist. And toocontray91 made a comment on one of my posts almost a year ago sorry if I can't remember everyone who makes a comment. And the motor has been sitting for a year so the oil would be old, thick, and black but since than been cleaned out and replaced with new castrol 10/60

ToMMMy 04-18-2012 07:39 PM

You had the whole motor torn down and cleaned from all the metal shavings and had the crank refinished, balanced, new rod/crank bearings? Did you have the cylinders honed and new piston rings put on as well? the materials alone will run you more than $500 to be asking another 500 on top of your old asking price. How about receipts from all this work? Something doesn't add up here..

SeanC 04-18-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3REHV (Post 14307081)
this is true when you saw the motor and I was selling it as is for $2000 but I want a head and repaired the motor since than and am selling it for $2500 now since it has been fixed. I didn't know who you were because your profile has no information other then your from the ghetto and I met you through craigslist. And toocontray91 made a comment on one of my posts almost a year ago sorry if I can't remember everyone who makes a comment. And the motor has been sitting for a year so the oil would be old, thick, and black but since than been cleaned out and replaced with new castrol 10/60

I got two words for you:

B. S.

M3REHV 04-18-2012 08:01 PM

I work at a shop and it cost me $500 in parts to fix the motor and yes I replaced the piston rings, all the bearings, replaced the one rod, had the crank sent out to be hot tanked and polished with the rotating assembly balanced, cylinder wall had no scoring so a light hone was done for fresh clean up. Dialed bore gauge was within specs and is round so only need to replace rings. Rings were gapped to OEM specs. Block was decked as well. Any other questions?
had all this done cause everyone was low balling the motor at $1000-$1250 and I know it will sell faster repaired for $2500.

bryce-o 04-18-2012 09:03 PM

pics? any receipts or proof that the motor was repaired?

ToMMMy 04-18-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3REHV (Post 14307242)
I work at a shop and it cost me $500 in parts to fix the motor and yes I replaced the piston rings, all the bearings, replaced the one rod, had the crank sent out to be hot tanked and polished with the rotating assembly balanced, cylinder wall had no scoring so a light hone was done for fresh clean up. Dialed bore gauge was within specs and is round so only need to replace rings. Rings were gapped to OEM specs. Block was decked as well. Any other questions?
had all this done cause everyone was low balling the motor at $1000-$1250 and I know it will sell faster repaired for $2500.

The reason for all the questions is because your original description for this thread never stated the motor was rebuilt in any way. That only tells other people including myself that te motor was pulled from a running car and was never opened up.

AMGguy 04-19-2012 06:39 AM

I called this guy a week ago from a craigslist ad and the ad never said anything about a spun rod bearing. when i called him he told me it had knocking noises before being removed. said it wasnt fixed and therefore selling for 2500. i wonder why a week later its fixed and still same price:tsk:

Snik 04-19-2012 06:44 AM

some shady sh1t going on, thats all i know. This thing wont sell.

M3REHV 04-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMGguy (Post 14308597)
I called this guy a week ago from a craigslist ad and the ad never said anything about a spun rod bearing. when i called him he told me it had knocking noises before being removed. said it wasnt fixed and therefore selling for 2500. i wonder why a week later its fixed and still same price:tsk:

that was more than a week ago and it was listed on craigslist for $2000 not $2500


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use