E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Red guage faces! Pics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=916454)

ADBMW 04-18-2012 05:58 AM

Red guage faces! Pics
 
Changed my guage faces to red and white lighting. Wasn't sure if I was going to like it but it came out great. I love it!
Been playing around with alot of different things with guages and couldn't seem to get what I wanted. Recently seen a Porche GT3r with red guages and red seat belts so decided to go that route. I have the red seatbelt webbing for front belts and also two red racing harnesses for back seat (for the kids). Hopefully get seat belts done this weekend.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...4696721709.jpg

Lit up
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...4696774067.jpg

Started with all blue
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0015723502.jpg

Then went all white with blue lit needles
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...4746404814.jpg

PRDesignsTony 04-18-2012 06:18 AM

wow u got a lot of colors going on their, blue, red, and white. IMO I dont think the red matches at all but its your car. As long as you like it don't let anyone else tell you wrong.

ADBMW 04-18-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRDesignsTony (Post 14304574)
wow u got a lot of colors going on their, blue, red, and white. IMO I dont think the red matches at all but its your car. As long as you like it don't let anyone else tell you wrong.

Yea not sure what I'm going to do with the LCD screens. Thinking I might change them to white.

AE46fanaticlol 04-18-2012 07:24 AM

How and where did you get the seat belt webbing from??....I've been wanting to do this for a while

peytonracer4 04-18-2012 07:28 AM

It looks good.
How did you do this?

///Mostarac 04-18-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 14304661)
it looks good.
How did you do this?

+1

PH03NIX46 04-18-2012 09:38 AM

Never been a fan of changing the cluster LEDs....then it doesn't match up with the rest of the lighting in the car.

The red gauge face is unique though. I kinda like it.

djnekkon 04-18-2012 10:00 AM

Love it.

ADBMW 04-18-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AE46fanaticlol (Post 14304657)
How and where did you get the seat belt webbing from??....I've been wanting to do this for a while

I think I ordered the webbing from Seatbelts plus.com. It was only $7/yard. Pulled one of mine out yesterday to make sure it's possible and it is. Each front seatbelt is 9 1/2 feet long. I'll take all the parts off and put them on the new red webbing then take it to someone to sew it with industrial strength thread.

ADBMW 04-18-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAg46 (Post 14305031)
Never been a fan of changing the cluster LEDs....then it doesn't match up with the rest of the lighting in the car.

The red gauge face is unique though. I kinda like it.

I changed out ALL LEDs to blue but thinking about changing to white.

ADBMW 04-18-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 14304661)
It looks good.
How did you do this?

Found overlays at Whitegauges.com. You can get them in any color or even custom.

djnekkon 04-18-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADBMW (Post 14305179)
Found overlays at Whitegauges.NET. You can get them in any color or even custom.

Are you sure is .com?

PH03NIX46 04-18-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADBMW (Post 14305175)
I changed out ALL LEDs to blue but thinking about changing to white.

Pics?

That must've taken a looong time.

sillieidiot 04-18-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADBMW (Post 14304583)
Yea not sure what I'm going to do with the LCD screens. Thinking I might change them to white.

let me know if you get it to work in white. i could not make it white. it comes out a peach color when you use white LEDs. i guess the LCD is partly orange to begin with. this is without the orange filter on the back. because of that, i just scrapped the project and went back to orange

choxor 04-18-2012 05:29 PM

Would never do it, but nifty none-the-less.

djnekkon 04-18-2012 07:17 PM

the black one is super neat.

Solidjake 04-18-2012 07:19 PM

Lets see if you catch the temp needle hitting the red area...

ADBMW 04-19-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 14306793)
let me know if you get it to work in white. i could not make it white. it comes out a peach color when you use white LEDs. i guess the LCD is partly orange to begin with. this is without the orange filter on the back. because of that, i just scrapped the project and went back to orange

The LED's you tried might of been a "warm white". The first batch I ordered were so I then ordered Pure white.

ADBMW 04-19-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAg46 (Post 14306249)
Pics?

That must've taken a looong time.

And yes very time consuming but well worth it.
I also did all stering wheel controls and light switch but don't have pics.

Didn't do the stereo because I was waiting on my Dynavin unit.
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0015744017.jpg

Window switches
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...0015770466.jpg

sillieidiot 04-19-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADBMW (Post 14308656)
The LED's you tried might of been a "warm white". The first batch I ordered were so I then ordered Pure white.

nah, they were cool white. i wanted neutral white though. everything else was perfectly white, just the LCD was peach colored


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use