E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Marcus & Trevor's Driveway Built Drag Car! (Build Journal) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=917675)

MarcusLSB 04-24-2012 02:23 PM

Marcus & Trevor's Driveway Built Drag Car! (Build Journal)
 
I'm not done with the six speed cookie monster.. that will still be running 9's at next years mfest.. but I felt it was time that I built something that directly competed with Chris(HPF)'s drag car.

So I bring you the new build thread for Marcus's gutted drag car.

Chris and I ran into each other every 15 minutes at MFest. But I think my favorite time was when it was me and a few of the ProEFI guys walking down the center of the casino directly towards Chris and his crew and we met directly in the center of the casino.. meeting face to face for the first time since the car pickup. Something straight out of a movie.. we met and were professional.. we later met again at the drag strip as my car was running, things got a little heated but all in all we worked it out and Chris has agreed to provide me with a block, rods and pistons. I truly appreciate it Chris, at this point in the game I realize there was little benefit for you to do this other than to help a fellow enthusiast out. I declined the free offer in trade for a bet.. and with a crowd of about 30 people surrounding us we shook on the following bet.

Chris will provide a block, rods and pistons for free, and if I beat him next year at mfest in an 'unlimited' class all out drag race.. anything goes match that will be that. If he beats me, I will fork out the dough and pay for the block, rods and pistons he provided me.

Trevor and I will be building this drag car in my driveway.. not in my garage.. not at my buddies shop.. not at Saads, or ProEFI.. but in my driveway... with my shitty craftsman tools and jack stands. Laugh now.. but I'll get it done.. trust me! :)

Saad and ProEFI will obviously be helping me select parts, tune the car and build the engine. But all the heavy lifting will be done by me.

I have a year to do it.

Start right......... now.

Hobbit382 04-24-2012 02:26 PM

any plans on where to get the shell?

MarcusLSB 04-24-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbit382 (Post 14325828)
any plans on where to get the shell?

I'm already shopping for the shell. Being it will be gutted and painted I'm looking for one with a blown engine, or no engine, and minimal interior/options.

Estoril-E46 04-24-2012 02:29 PM

Wait it's going to be your M3 or some other car? If its some other car thats not really fair because you can build a crappy drag car cheap to beat the m3s lol.

STORMER 04-24-2012 02:32 PM

Sub'd! The anticipation already builds for next years mfest! :evil: looks like you guys will have your work cut out for you cuz that HPF unit looks like a monster! Congrats on being civil and workin things out! You are a stand up character and I wish u the best on this build. So jelly!


Killing time at work using BimmerApp

MarcusLSB 04-24-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estoril-E46 (Post 14325835)
Wait it's going to be your M3 or some other car? If its some other car thats not really fair because you can build a crappy drag car cheap to beat the m3s lol.

This will be an E46 M3. But not my LSB one.. That will stay a six speed street trim car. I will have two cars I'll be bringing to MFest next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW323iWhite (Post 14325844)
Sub'd! The anticipation already builds for next years mfest! :evil: looks like you guys will have your work cut out for you cuz that HPF unit looks like a monster! Congrats on being civil and workin things out! You are a stand up character and I wish u the best on thia build. So jelly!


Killing time at work using BimmerApp

Thanks! I have my work cut out for me, thats for sure!

zurus 04-24-2012 02:34 PM

Good news and nice to see you guys set the record straight. It must have been akward between you 2. :lmao:

Ky///m3 04-24-2012 03:00 PM

funny gifs

IN

JohnBlaze 04-24-2012 03:10 PM

sounds cool, can't wait to see it on the come up, and big ups to Chris for stepping up with the offer/bet!

02black330ci 04-24-2012 03:16 PM

Game the "F" on brotha, I have no doubt you will accomplish your goal and then SOME! Game face is "OFFICIALLY" on....!

xixixi 04-24-2012 03:26 PM

Need location of said driveway. Who has a trailer? :evil: This is pretty amazing.

Commanderwiggin 04-24-2012 03:42 PM

Guess I know what I'll be doing next time I come for a visit :P This is like one of my dream projects minus the driveway...I still like a roof but w/e :) Good luck I know you can do it!

Patrón Vader 04-24-2012 04:13 PM

doesn't the guy with the blown motor in dallas have two or three extra cars. i know he was parting one or two of them. hit him up, i know he has a shell for sure. good luck with your build. Sell sections of the hood for username sponsorship. I want to be the first. :4ngie:

Forcefed M3 04-24-2012 04:16 PM

This is so amazing! Good luck to both parties! Loser buys the winner a drink at the Mfest after party! However both parties can't leave us all hanging for a year, a few teaser pics will help!:hi:

02black330ci 04-24-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrón Vader (Post 14326153)
doesn't the guy with the blown motor in dallas have two or three extra cars. i know he was parting one or two of them. hit him up, i know he has a shell for sure. good luck with your build. Sell sections of the hood for username sponsorship. I want to be the first. :4ngie:

You are 100% correct.....

Here you go Marcus.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...9&postcount=37

HPF Chris 04-24-2012 04:20 PM

It was great to see Marcus and the ProEFI guys. We spent quite a bit of time talking since our cars weren't competing. Maybe a blessing in disguise. Marcus is a very generous person and offered to pay me back for them if he lost next year even though I offered them to him without any conditions attached. Either way it will be awesome to see him and Fallon go head to head. I'm also glad Marcus will be driving. Building and Racing your own ride is one of the best feelings.

Chris.

need4spd 04-24-2012 04:26 PM

Sounds like a nightmare building it on a drive way with cheap tools.

MarcusLSB 04-24-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02black330ci (Post 14325973)
Game the "F" on brotha, I have no doubt you will accomplish your goal and then SOME! Game face is "OFFICIALLY" on....!

:P

Quote:

Originally Posted by vI6ious (Post 14325956)
sounds cool, can't wait to see it on the come up, and big ups to Chris for stepping up with the offer/bet!

I'll be documenting it all. Yes that will be a huge help having the block/pistons/rods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xixixi (Post 14326014)
Need location of said driveway. Who has a trailer? :evil: This is pretty amazing.

Peninsula of the Bay Area. I have a trailer I can use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin (Post 14326067)
Guess I know what I'll be doing next time I come for a visit :P This is like one of my dream projects minus the driveway...I still like a roof but w/e :) Good luck I know you can do it!

Kenton's seen my drive way.. he knows what I'm up against.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrón Vader (Post 14326153)
doesn't the guy with the blown motor in dallas have two or three extra cars. i know he was parting one or two of them. hit him up, i know he has a shell for sure. good luck with your build. Sell sections of the hood for username sponsorship. I want to be the first. :4ngie:

This is a awesome idea! I can sell sponsorship in 1inchx1inch sections.. so you can have like 12inches by 2inchs for like $100. :D Or something like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 (Post 14326164)
This is so amazing! Good luck to both parties! Loser buys the winner a drink at the Mfest after party! However both parties can't leave us all hanging for a year, a few teaser pics will help!:hi:

Noone will be hanging! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02black330ci (Post 14326179)
You are 100% correct.....

Here you go Marcus.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...9&postcount=37

I found the M3 already. I'll likely be picking it up this week. I needed a head so I had to buy a fully functional one. I can keep the block incase something happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Chris (Post 14326184)
It was great to see Marcus and the ProEFI guys. We spent quite a bit of time talking since our cars weren't competing. Maybe a blessing in disguise. Marcus is a very generous person and offered to pay me back for them if he lost next year even though I offered them to him without any conditions attached. Either way it will be awesome to see him and Fallon go head to head. I'm also glad Marcus will be driving. Building and Racing your own ride is one of the best feelings.

Chris.

Yes, I'm very excited!

Quote:

Originally Posted by need4spd (Post 14326208)
Sounds like a nightmare building it on a drive way with cheap tools.

I do what I can, with what I have.

Recon2005 04-24-2012 04:45 PM

Sub'd

lab rat 04-24-2012 04:47 PM

Dude, you are true e46 fanatic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use