E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   SS sparrow (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=919155)

tailo 05-01-2012 09:53 PM

SS sparrow
 
Just arrived
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD69uc1jJK4
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4375/dscf9083.jpg

Reedo302 05-01-2012 10:44 PM

Oh. :(

I saw the word "sparrow" posted by Tailo, and I just assumed you had somehow procured an AIM-7 Sparrow radar guided missile.

boostedisbetter 05-01-2012 10:46 PM

that's awesome...Not sure if this is legal to own in FL

david05111 05-01-2012 10:59 PM

Hahaha I hope that my element sounds that good when it comes in!

Also, my Tampa brotha, we are fortunate enough to live in just about the most awesome state in the country for firearm ownership. These bad boys are definitely legal; I've got 3 headed my way.

boostedisbetter 05-01-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 14352000)
Hahaha I hope that my element sounds that good when it comes in!

Also, my Tampa brotha, we are fortunate enough to live in just about the most awesome state in the country for firearm ownership. These bad boys are definitely legal; I've got 3 headed my way.

sweet, how much do these run?

B_Cyrus 05-01-2012 11:54 PM

that's awesome if you want to be an assassin.

Adam@Euro-Spec 05-01-2012 11:54 PM

Awesome, I'm about 3 months in on my wait for a ss sparrow, can't wait to get it. Have 3 hosts waiting for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa01e46 (Post 14352131)
sweet, how much do these run?

I paid $375 at my local shop for my ss sparrow. Plus the $200 tax stamp

david05111 05-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa01e46 (Post 14352131)
sweet, how much do these run?

Well, here's the deal. It's an NFA weapon, which means you basically need a trust to assign it to. You could buy it individually if you could get the Sherriff to sign off on it, but they generally don't in FL.

To set up a trust is between $300-$500.

The suppressor itself (that one or like my element) is between $350 and $600.

Then you pay $200 to the government and wait 6 months to get it.

So, total price you're looking at ~$1000 or so and a 6 month wait.

tailo 05-02-2012 11:08 AM

I'm 11 months and $850 IIRC, The dealer forgot to send out my paperwork:ben:

tailo 05-02-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 14351941)
Oh. :(

I saw the word "sparrow" posted by Tailo, and I just assumed you had somehow procured an AIM-7 Sparrow radar guided missile.

No but I reciently procured the NV setup from a patton tank. Want a paperweight?

Adam@Euro-Spec 05-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailo (Post 14353505)
I'm 11 months and $850 IIRC, The dealer forgot to send out my paperwork:ben:

$850? $200 for the stamp but what is the other $650 for ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

david05111 05-02-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailo (Post 14353505)
I'm 11 months and $850 IIRC, The dealer forgot to send out my paperwork:ben:

Holy...do you have any recourse for that? I'd be beyond pissed

Reedo302 05-02-2012 02:04 PM

No ****. I'd be demanding some kind of incentive or reimbursement after that.

boostedisbetter 05-02-2012 03:18 PM

damn $1000 for a .22 silenced... I think I'll by my first 9mm hand gun before I get that lol.

david05111 05-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa01e46 (Post 14354540)
damn $1000 for a .22 silenced... I think I'll by my first 9mm hand gun before I get that lol.

We'll meet up at some point, you'll shoot mine, and change your mind. Might as well do it now and save the time :rofl:

Serbonze 05-02-2012 04:34 PM

I picked up an M&P22 last week and the dealer said "you know, I've got some threaded barrels on order".....

tailo 05-02-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec (Post 14353618)
$850? $200 for the stamp but what is the other $650 for ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

It was in stock and I had cash in hand so I bought it even though it was grossly over priced. Bought a CZ452 also that day although I'm not to keen on that rifle anymore.

tailo 05-02-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 14353757)
Holy...do you have any recourse for that? I'd be beyond pissed

WELL, I asked for that and they said they would give me a tac-65 at there cost. I asked, it took 4 days to get a price and when they finally gave me a price it was the same as they quoted me 3 months earlier as retail.

They lost a sell on a uzi because of that.

Adam@Euro-Spec 05-02-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailo (Post 14354800)
It was in stock and I had cash in hand so I bought it even though it was grossly over priced. Bought a CZ452 also that day although I'm not to keen on that rifle anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailo (Post 14354811)
WELL, I asked for that and they said they would give me a tac-65 at there cost. I asked, it took 4 days to get a price and when they finally gave me a price it was the same as they quoted me 3 months earlier as retail.

They lost a sell on a uzi because of that.

That's nuts...I'd be f0cken livid. The MSRP on the sparrow is only $499. I'm interested to hear your review on it, while I just wait and stare at my phone waiting for a call the next 3months.

tailo 05-02-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa01e46 (Post 14354540)
damn $1000 for a .22 silenced... I think I'll by my first 9mm hand gun before I get that lol.

I'd take a silenced .22 any day over any 9mm pistol.

I like to geocache and occasionally I come accross rattlers in my adventures. NOW I can dispatch them with out letting everyone know what I'm doing since I'm generally doing it in places that its unwise to get caught shooting guns.

I'll just carry two mags, one mag HV bulk and another mag with powderless. With powderless all you can hear is the hammer click but its strong enough to take out ground hogs at 25. You can do SO much more with a silenced .22.

Now, I've got a SCRC MK25 intergrated silencer coming for the sten. It will bleed 115 to subsonic levels, 147 is around the same sound level as the .22 can, just a tad louder at 650 RPM. I've got a bronze bolt to cut down on the chatter:D The neighbors will think I'm shooting airsoft.

Went in the basement last night with dad, shot a few rounds off in to my jerry can trap and dad said "shoot that board over there" I put a round of HV in to the board and heard cement hitting the floor:facepalm: I knocked a hole the size of a fifty cent piece out of the wall and it was fun for all:lmao:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use