E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   EU2 tuning with stock set up? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=925803)

hueyhy 06-04-2012 07:47 PM

EU2 tuning with stock set up?
 
I know that EU2 works without catalyst converter and SAP, but how about if I just re-flash the ECU to EU2 but don't do the hardware mods?
will there be any significant improvement or not?
will I run into problems?

thanks!

j_block 06-04-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hueyhy (Post 14456940)
I know that EU2 works without catalyst converter and SAP, but how about if I just re-flash the ECU to EU2 but don't do the hardware mods?
will there be any significant improvement or not?
will I run into problems?

thanks!

Why

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

Hornung418 06-04-2012 07:56 PM

I don't believe that MS43 DMEs have a EU2 option...only EU3. I deleted my SAP and will be utilizing some of BimmerBrakes Headers as soon as he gets back with a good report for the Gen3 reps. I'm running MS42 EU2 and have zero issues. I haven't had to pass emissions or anything yet so it's no big deal for me until March 2013.

hueyhy 06-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornung418 (Post 14456966)
I don't believe that MS43 DMEs have a EU2 option...only EU3. I deleted my SAP and will be utilizing some of BimmerBrakes Headers as soon as he gets back with a good report for the Gen3 reps. I'm running MS42 EU2 and have zero issues. I haven't had to pass emissions or anything yet so it's no big deal for me until March 2013.

there's no emission inspection in FL either.
so you are running with stock header and EU2 without any issue? sounds great.
How about the performance? Does it really give some improvements you can feel?

hueyhy 06-04-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornung418 (Post 14456966)
I don't believe that MS43 DMEs have a EU2 option...only EU3. I deleted my SAP and will be utilizing some of BimmerBrakes Headers as soon as he gets back with a good report for the Gen3 reps. I'm running MS42 EU2 and have zero issues. I haven't had to pass emissions or anything yet so it's no big deal for me until March 2013.


http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E4...me_programmed/

here, it shows a EU2 there.
BTW: is that "12 14 7 545 671" the thing am looking for? (my car is a 2002 330i, production date is Jan 2002.)

hueyhy 06-04-2012 08:47 PM

Confused after reading through some threads. Some say EU2 is mainly to delete the CEL lights for aftermarket headers. If don't have the mods, the EU spec tunings are not really making much different.
I think I will try to be safe and don't brick my DME

Iceman00 06-04-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hueyhy (Post 14457129)
Confused after reading through some threads. Some say EU2 is mainly to delete the CEL lights for aftermarket headers. If don't have the mods, the EU spec tunings are not really making much different.
I think I will try to be safe and don't brick my DME

Shark it.

daniel_f. 06-05-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hueyhy (Post 14457035)
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E4...me_programmed/

here, it shows a EU2 there.
BTW: is that "12 14 7 545 671" the thing am looking for? (my car is a 2002 330i, production date is Jan 2002.)

Take winkfp and use zsb nummer "7 545 671", flash it, remove secondary air pump (or remove connector) and change part14 to part 13.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E4...ttached_parts/

Or even better, use EU2 from Z3 3.0

JDUTHIE 06-05-2012 04:31 PM

doesnt the SAP help not burn up the cats by leaning out the exhaust on startup? So on a stock setup, this may/may not be a good thing?

fastjasonbmw 06-05-2012 08:53 PM

Where can we get the EU2 software?

Does this have it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055BD4SO

E46_330i_Stud 06-05-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDUTHIE (Post 14460072)
doesnt the SAP help not burn up the cats by leaning out the exhaust on startup? So on a stock setup, this may/may not be a good thing?

Most people delete the sap because they have deleted the cats as well. No need for it anymore. I BELIEVE the SAP actually helps warm the cats up to lower emissions on cold starts BECAUSE the engine is running lean. Could be wrong.

daniel_f. 06-06-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastjasonbmw (Post 14460833)
Where can we get the EU2 software?

Does this have it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055BD4SO

You need WinKFP and a usable obd interface.

fastjasonbmw 06-06-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel_f. (Post 14462016)
You need WinKFP and a usable obd interface.

Thanks

sunnyjay 06-07-2012 09:34 AM

Engines run rich when they are cold to protect the engine. The sap purpose is to warm up the cat quickly to reduce tailpipe emissions.

On a side note, I had the eu2 tune on my 330ci. It ran perfectly fine on a completely stock m54b30. The reason being is because my sap fail.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Bimmer App

JDUTHIE 06-07-2012 04:33 PM

cool^ thanks for the info:thumbup:

sunnyjay 08-04-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel_f. (Post 14458166)
Take winkfp and use zsb nummer "7 545 671", flash it, remove secondary air pump (or remove connector) and change part14 to part 13.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E4...ttached_parts/

Or even better, use EU2 from Z3 3.0

what does part 14 and 13 do?

daniel_f. 08-04-2012 09:34 AM

it separates cylinder 1-3 and 4-6 from each other.

sunnyjay 08-04-2012 09:38 AM

is this a requirement to run eu2 tunes?

daniel_f. 08-04-2012 02:02 PM

well, as its supposed to be used and used in stock eu2 setup... i would go for it

sunnyjay 08-04-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel_f. (Post 14628082)
well, as its supposed to be used and used in stock eu2 setup... i would go for it

sounds good, do you know if this bolt is a hex head or a regular bolt? also is it above the exhaust ports or below? Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use