E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Umnitza Predator Orion Install Help (night controller wire?) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=926225)

BlackTyEvent 06-06-2012 05:35 PM

Umnitza Predator Orion Install Help (night controller wire?)

Hi all,

tried searching this specific issue but to no avail.

I'm installing the new predator orion V4 angel eyes in my car. everything except the remote tap is finished, but i have one problem. There is an extra white wire with a male fitment coming from the white box that i assume is the night control box. the extra wires come from the side of the control box that leads away from the headlights--not into them. Umnitza gave me no instructions for the kit and there are no online instructions for the V4s yet. does anyone know what these extra wires are wires are? i have nothing included that clues me to where they are supposed to be plugged into. thanks. i can post pictures if needed.

-Ty

AW Pegasus 06-06-2012 10:32 PM

Well I don't have the answers for you but I just got my V4s today and I'm planning on installing this weekend. I'd recommend you just call umnitza and ask them, they've already installed it before, they'll obviously know. Once you figure it out can you let me know and take pictures of where the wires go so it'll help out me and other members? Thanks, it would be much appreciated!

BlackTyEvent 06-06-2012 11:41 PM

Thanks, i will make a post when i get it figured out. I have them installed completely and they work as they should except i still have the extra wires...will contact Umnitza in the AM.

AW Pegasus 06-07-2012 12:28 AM

Alright thanks man. Is the remote on/off fade and the night controller dim working? I just looked at my kit and it looks like every little male piece has a female counter-part, but I don't know

TT330i 06-07-2012 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my V4's on Monday, installed them last night. The white wire you're talking about is supposed to get tapped into the lowbeam wire. Umnitza has a bullet type connector on it and didn't include enough wire taps, so you have to get a couple extras and swap out the end. Hope that helps (btw, not sure I even like mine... not a true white, they're pretty blue looking =/)

Attached image from Umnitza customer support

BlackTyEvent 06-07-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT330i (Post 14465853)
I got my V4's on Monday, installed them last night. The white wire you're talking about is supposed to get tapped into the lowbeam wire. Umnitza has a bullet type connector on it and didn't include enough wire taps, so you have to get a couple extras and swap out the end. Hope that helps (btw, not sure I even like mine... not a true white, they're pretty blue looking =/)

Attached image from Umnitza customer support

Mine are pretty white, maybe an ever-so-slight blue tinge but i think its just because the white is so pure. i really like em. will work on the tapping issue this weekend. kind of a PITA for something i paid well over $200 for.

TT330i 06-08-2012 12:44 PM

Agreed, not a big deal but annoying that I even had to go to radio shack and buy $4 worth of taps for a top dollar item

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

TT330i 06-08-2012 12:48 PM

Do you have oem xenon bulbs or 6k color?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

BlackTyEvent 06-08-2012 02:10 PM

I have Xenons. there is a noticable contrast between the bulbs and the angel eyes.

Mal565 06-09-2012 06:40 PM

What color is the low beam wire...???

I have a 04 M3 bi-Xeon... I heard the wire is yellow from doing other searches...I see two yellow wires coming off what appears to be the plug for the low beams....One is yellow and red...other is yellow and I think brown or grey....I tapped into both spots (one at a time of course)...My AE's flicker and it makes a weird motor noise....

Before I do any more foolishness...can someone tell me and/or have a picture of where the low beam wire is and what color it is....I want to hook up the nightime controller..

These V4's are so bright it is not even funny...oh my god!
Help me getting these wired up right please!

AW Pegasus 06-09-2012 08:01 PM

I have a 00 328i with halogen low beams but both sides had a brown wire (ground?) and a yellow wire, but one side had blue stripes on the yellow and the other had green stripes. I just finished installing mine and everything works properly.

Mal565 06-10-2012 09:52 AM

Can someone tell me where this yellow wire is located for the low beam?
I have everything working fine...just can't find the right yellow wire...
a picture would be nice, because I am obviously looking in the wrong spot

Mal565 06-10-2012 03:05 PM

Got it!

2 Attachment(s)
The low beam wire is in a weird place....on the passenger side its way down low and connects to the ballast....I was looking on the light itself.... The driver's side is up high near the sway bar....The ballast is hidden by a plastic cover...The low beam plug is coming out of the top...

They work great now.....very very little difference between the regular light and the night mode...If I blinked, I may have missed the dim when I turned on the low beams....

These lights are sweet though...worth the money and effort putting them in...
Night mode is just a tad dimmer...still cool though!

AW Pegasus 06-10-2012 06:41 PM

So yesterday I finished the install and everything was working perfect. Fade on an off, night dim, everything. Then today, while driving I didn't see them on in people's reflection, so I checked them out. They aren't staying on for some reason while driving anymore. They turn on when I turn my lows on, but turn off when just my DRLs are on. Then they come on again when the car is off and the doors are open. I don't get it, I checked all the connections and the fuse and everything is good. Any ideas?

raysterm3 09-05-2012 10:50 PM

So what color is the low beam wire? I'm installed my v4 Orion Angel eyes but still have a single red trigger wire on both sides available. Not sure where to plug them in, if I can get some assistance please!

IMOLAZHP06 12-23-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raysterm3 (Post 14708402)
So what color is the low beam wire? I'm installed my v4 Orion Angel eyes but still have a single red trigger wire on both sides available. Not sure where to plug them in, if I can get some assistance please!

I too am running into the same issue. If I followed Umnitza's instructions I am left with an extra wire

umnitza 12-24-2012 12:02 AM

here you go:
http://www.umnitza.com/bmz_cache/d/d...ge.729x550.jpg

coolioj 12-29-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal565 (Post 14474563)
The low beam wire is in a weird place....on the passenger side its way down low and connects to the ballast....I was looking on the light itself.... The driver's side is up high near the sway bar....The ballast is hidden by a plastic cover...The low beam plug is coming out of the top...

They work great now.....very very little difference between the regular light and the night mode...If I blinked, I may have missed the dim when I turned on the low beams....

These lights are sweet though...worth the money and effort putting them in...
Night mode is just a tad dimmer...still cool though!

So I tapped into the yellow wire on my driver side as a test with my white wire, but didn't see any difference when I turned my Xenon's on. I sent a pic of my passenger side, and Umnitza did confirm it should be the yellow wire. I did verify my t-tap did make contact, so that's right. Please confirm I'm tapping the right wire on both sides. I'm tapping the yellow light in both pics off the big plug.

Driver:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...955EEEA3E1.jpg

Passenger:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...B6A4FF521D.jpg

TitanSilverE46 01-07-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umnitza (Post 15003939)

As this thread is current, perhaps Umnitza can help me (I have searched widely to no avail).

I have installed angel eyes on my 325i so I know what to expect for the standard, always-on connections.
Now I also have a 318i, (I know, not available in US) and the connector block with the Red wire with White line and Yellow/Gold tracers does not exist on this model. Where do I connect the white trigger wire on this model to get the same always-on mode?

Mal565 04-29-2013 06:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is where I tapped into for my 2004 M3 w/ Xenons....
Driver's side...wire looks green and white stripped...the other brown wire appears to be the ground....I did not see much of a difference either