E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hagus sport mirrors (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=927)

BMWxTREME 04-15-2002 09:12 PM

Hagus sport mirrors
 
I got my mirrors (from E46fanatics) painted and installed today and then a problem occured. The heating function of the mirrors is all messed up and the heating function on my mirrors were constantly on. They kept getting hotter and hotter until finally the mirror (glass) just cracked. Tim and I were dicussing it, and I'm wondering if anyone had ever had this happen to them before? I haven't seen any posts on here about problems with the mirrors. Tim has them on his own car (and so do lots of other people) so I know they are quality mirrors, but I'm just trying to deduce what could be wrong. Could the body shop that installed them for me installed them wrong? I don't know how since it's just a straight plug-in and no wiring is involved. Can anyone shed some light on my little problem? Thanks in advance.:dunno:

H.A.N.S 04-15-2002 09:47 PM

Honestly, I've been somewhat dissapointed with my Hagus mirror. First of all, I thouhgt it was supposed to be a plug and play, but it wasn't. I had my audio installer swap the stock motor for me and they came across a problem too. They coudn't mount the motor the right way and as the result, the mirror goes to wrong directions when you try to adjust them. For example, when you hit "left", the mirror swivels up, etc.

They said the stock can't be mounted any other way on the Hagus housing. It's been really frustrating to have these problems. I bought Hagus because a friend of mine has them on his Audi A4 and it was a very simple and clean install. No motor swapping required.

jAb 04-15-2002 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by H.A.N.S
I bought Hagus because a friend of mine has them on his Audi A4 and it was a very simple and clean install. No motor swapping required.
it is a simple plug and play if you dont mind losing the tilt down feature of the oem mirrors

vinnymac 04-15-2002 10:13 PM

Hmmm...sounds like a wiring issue
 
Quote:

Originally posted by BMWxTREME
I got my mirrors (from E46fanatics) painted and installed today and then a problem occured. The heating function of the mirrors is all messed up and the heating function on my mirrors were constantly on. They kept getting hotter and hotter until finally the mirror (glass) just cracked. Tim and I were dicussing it, and I'm wondering if anyone had ever had this happen to them before? I haven't seen any posts on here about problems with the mirrors. Tim has them on his own car (and so do lots of other people) so I know they are quality mirrors, but I'm just trying to deduce what could be wrong. Could the body shop that installed them for me installed them wrong? I don't know how since it's just a straight plug-in and no wiring is involved. Can anyone shed some light on my little problem? Thanks in advance.:dunno:
Is there a chance that the mirrors were defective to begin with resulting in a malfunction with the heating feature?

BMWxTREME 04-15-2002 10:18 PM

it might be a wiring issue, but the guys at E46fanatics said they would send me new mirrors to see if my mirrors were in fact defective. i love the E46fanatics store. great bunch of people:smile:

H.A.N.S 04-16-2002 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jAb


it is a simple plug and play if you dont mind losing the tilt down feature of the oem mirrors

I don't understand how it can be a plug and play. The Hagus mirror has a 6 pin plug whereas the stock mirror has a 12 pin plug. The plugs are completely different in size also. The only option left was to swap the two motors. Even matching-up the ribbon cables wasn't an option since the colors are in different orders.

Link to my pic: "http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=185752&t=185752"

Tominizer 04-16-2002 07:19 AM

Ok then...... not buying any hagus mirrors.

Do the AC-S mirrors have the same issues?!?!?

InlineSiX 04-16-2002 08:41 AM

I know...I was thinkin about getting them with the sale and everything...but not if it causes all these headaches!

Jake 04-16-2002 09:20 AM

I don't understand what the headaches are the only problem HAGUS mirrors has ever had was the tilt down problem, other than that , it is a STRAIGHT plug and play Deal, I did my mirrors my self NO PROBLEM (I just live with the tilt up problem by leaving my swicth to the left). If Xtreme is having a problem with the Mirrors it could be a Defect or a wiring problem but other than that HAGUS Mirrors are the **** :thumbup:

NickACS 04-16-2002 10:12 AM

Jake,
You have a sedan, like me, and I can't get the mirror memory function to work correctly. Now, my bodyshop installer DID NOT swap the OEM motor out saying it was too hard and wouldn't work. For coupes, I hear it is like plug-n-play, but for sedans it is not. What did you do to get yours all working? I don't care for the mirror tilt anyways, but if I can get back my mirror memory settings, I would like to know! ;)

Clem 04-16-2002 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tominizer
Ok then...... not buying any hagus mirrors.

Do the AC-S mirrors have the same issues?!?!?

ACS mirrors require the removel of the OEM motors and reinstallation of them in the ACS ones.

Topaz330 04-16-2002 11:12 AM

i think some of the problem lies with if you have a 330 or a previous model. i think the 330 has the 12pin plug and the 328,325,abd 323 have the 6pin plug, i'm not sure but i'm pretty sure they have different plugs.

AWay 04-16-2002 11:16 AM

Makes me feel that much better about installing mine this week. OH and...
 
The freaking paint shop charged me over 315 bucks to PAINT the mirrors. No swapping of motors, no installing, just paint! I'm am seriously pissed.

They said the mirrors were really cheap and had little pin holes all over the mirrors which they had to fill and then paint over. They said they still couldn't get all of them, but they look way better than when I dropped them off. He told me to check out other people with them and see how their paint quality compares to mine, and I'll notice a difference. If anyone in the Philly area has them let me know as I would like to check them out. I don't really trust this guy, so I want to make sure he isn't pulling one over on me.

Other than that I hope I don't have any of these installation issues or heating problems. This has already turned into a $720 set of mirrors, so I just hope it's not all a loss.

I have faith in the product though, as many people have installed them and I seldom hear anyhing but praise about them.

Only time will tell, I pick them up today and hopefully install soon.

I'll keep you posted and pics to come.

B 04-16-2002 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BMWxTREME
it might be a wiring issue, but the guys at E46fanatics said they would send me new mirrors to see if my mirrors were in fact defective. i love the E46fanatics store. great bunch of people:smile:

yup... Tim and Mark are true class acts.


I hope the issues with your mirrors get resolved soon.


good luck,
B

sgv321 04-16-2002 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Topaz330
i think some of the problem lies with if you have a 330 or a previous model. i think the 330 has the 12pin plug and the 328,325,abd 323 have the 6pin plug, i'm not sure but i'm pretty sure they have different plugs.
i think all E46 are 12 pin.

Topaz330 04-16-2002 12:50 PM

Re: Makes me feel that much better about installing mine this week. OH and...
 
Quote:

Originally posted by AWay
The freaking paint shop charged me over 315 bucks to PAINT the mirrors. No swapping of motors, no installing, just paint! I'm am seriously pissed.

They said the mirrors were really cheap and had little pin holes all over the mirrors which they had to fill and then paint over. They said they still couldn't get all of them, but they look way better than when I dropped them off. He told me to check out other people with them and see how their paint quality compares to mine, and I'll notice a difference. If anyone in the Philly area has them let me know as I would like to check them out. I don't really trust this guy, so I want to make sure he isn't pulling one over on me.

Other than that I hope I don't have any of these installation issues or heating problems. This has already turned into a $720 set of mirrors, so I just hope it's not all a loss.

I have faith in the product though, as many people have installed them and I seldom hear anyhing but praise about them.

Only time will tell, I pick them up today and hopefully install soon.

I'll keep you posted and pics to come.



$315 dollars!!!! damn! i see your from jersey, if you want drop me a email if or when you need something painted, i have the hook up with my bodyshop guy that does incredible work. he did my mirrors well lets just say he did it for a lot less than even half of what you paid.

NickACS 04-16-2002 12:53 PM

Hmm, not sure if all E46's are 12-pin, but I have heard that for the sedan, it is a must to swap the OEM motors. But I was told from my bodshop it can't be done or if so, there is too much modification and the mirror memory will always be off :dunno:

H.A.N.S 04-16-2002 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Topaz330
i think some of the problem lies with if you have a 330 or a previous model. i think the 330 has the 12pin plug and the 328,325,abd 323 have the 6pin plug, i'm not sure but i'm pretty sure they have different plugs.
Hmm... That could be it !!! I have a 330ci.. and I have a 12 pin plug.

No wonder both plugs (hagus Vs stock) are not the same size, thus not a plug and play

silroc 04-16-2002 06:06 PM

As you can see in my sig I have the Hagus mirrors

I love the look - I never had a heating problem, and the glass never crackd (but the concave glass is a little weird)


Bottom line I am 100% happy with them - I didnt lose any functions because my 323ci never had a tilt down auto feature !!

I didnt swap motors -

good luck

bimmer 04-16-2002 07:35 PM

What about stock M3 mirrors
 
I am thinking of changing those side mirrors. What kind of pin does M3 mirrors have? I have a 2000 323ci.
Will there be any problem in the swap?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use