E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Wide Body M3 - Pics and Vids Inside (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=927889)

MaverickM3 06-15-2012 09:57 PM

My Wide Body M3 - Pics and Vids Inside

Some new pics and vids for the FI community. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

If the vids don't play. I just uploaded them so give it a minute for YouTube process them. :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/cO5FGJ4ofZw

http://youtu.be/TDP2VQ2Ur_o

:hi:

TrippinBimmer 06-15-2012 10:05 PM

First

SlideFox 06-15-2012 10:24 PM

Friggin sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

PatmanSC 06-15-2012 10:44 PM

Gangster!

zurus 06-15-2012 11:30 PM

What a tease, get some WOT vids! :4ngie:

Commanderwiggin 06-16-2012 12:29 AM

Looks amazing Jason!

leletyM3 06-16-2012 12:40 AM

Looking great Jason! BTW is your car SMG or MT?

c5ry 06-16-2012 01:21 AM

Thats awesome im so jealous

Dreikraft 06-16-2012 01:47 AM

ahhh the hpf parking lot...
im surprised the cops haven't figured out airport way is a goldmine for modified tourists

MaverickM3 06-16-2012 02:43 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

And it is a 6 speed. :D

808E90 06-16-2012 03:25 AM

Nice :thumbsup:

Bdave 06-16-2012 05:23 PM

I am not a huge fan of widebodies but this car is Bad to the Bone! Wing is wicked too. Nice job. Are you running 345mm tires? Does the extra width really help that much or is more about the compound of the tire? What are you running and how is your hook up?

315mm is pretty much the limit for a stock but heavily fender rolled E46.

Enjoyed the vids. Try getting out of heavy traffic for the next go around, so you can really open her up!

MaverickM3 06-16-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14492564)
I am not a huge fan of widebodies but this car is Bad to the Bone! Wing is wicked too. Nice job. Are you running 345mm tires? Does the extra width really help that much or is more about the compound of the tire? What are you running and how is your hook up?

315mm is pretty much the limit for a stock but heavily fender rolled E46.

Thanks Dave. I'm running Hoosier A6s all the way around. The rears are 345 and the fronts are 295 I believe. They hook really good once they are warmed a little. Can't floor it in first gear even if they are hot(see next paragraph). Second gear I can floor it and they will only slip a little if good and warm. Those driscriptions are Pump Mode only - 660whp. No shot of sticking if Race/Meth are set to go. They will catch good at Higher speeds. But even with the limitations of the A6s I will most likely always run them. They give good feedback when they start to let go.

In the vid where I am just pulling out of HPF I had stomped it in first gear forgetting that I should Not do that. The car got a sideways a little. I had not drivin it since October so I forgot some of the does and donts. Camera started recording right at the end of it. Didn't even get 50 feet from HPF before almost wrecking the damn thing. Lol. That's why me and buddy were joking about trying not crash it.

theone_06 06-16-2012 07:39 PM

mm its to wide for me! but the engine is sexxxxxxyyyyyyy :)

Commanderwiggin 06-16-2012 07:49 PM

If I didn't want to keep a sleeper look...I would have this widebody...It is absolutely beautiful.

Bdave 06-16-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickM3 (Post 14492611)
Thanks Dave. I'm running Hoosier A6s all the way around. The rears are 345 and the fronts are 295 I believe. They hook really good once they are warmed a little. Can't floor it in first gear even if they are hot(see next paragraph). Second gear I can floor it and they will only slip a little if good and warm. Those driscriptions are Pump Mode only - 660whp. No shot of sticking if Race/Meth are set to go. They will catch good at Higher speeds. But even with the limitations of the A6s I will most likely always run them. They give good feedback when they start to let go.

In the vid where I am just pulling out of HPF I had stomped it in first gear forgetting that I should Not do that. The car got a sideways a little. I had not drivin it since October so I forgot some of the does and donts. Camera started recording right at the end of it. Didn't even get 50 feet from HPF before almost wrecking the damn thing. Lol. That's why me and buddy were joking about trying not crash it.

Oh, that would have been great! ...slide your new widebody sideways in to a pole! Not even funny.

So, thanks for the detailed explanation. Its too bad tire technology has not caught up with all the HP and TQ we have available to us. You are not going to get much better stick with stability too than A6's.
Have you thought of having your HPF TC tuned/optimized specifically for your car? I am led to believe much friendlier, usable results can be had with careful tuning by HPF at their facility.

Is it ever frustrating having all that power and not be able to lay it down smoothly with a state of the art TC like Pro EFI? I chose not to use ProEFI so I am really interested to see if HPF can fine tune their TC to work so its actually usable with 800+ HP cars. Have you discussed this with HPF?

Again, I compliment you on doing a clean job of a high profile wide body car. Very good taste. You must be up for some magazine shoots?

MaverickM3 06-17-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14493026)
Oh, that would have been great! ...slide your new widebody sideways in to a pole! Not even funny.

So, thanks for the detailed explanation. Its too bad tire technology has not caught up with all the HP and TQ we have available to us. You are not going to get much better stick with stability too than A6's.
Have you thought of having your HPF TC tuned/optimized specifically for your car? I am led to believe much friendlier, usable results can be had with careful tuning by HPF at their facility.

Is it ever frustrating having all that power and not be able to lay it down smoothly with a state of the art TC like Pro EFI? I chose not to use ProEFI so I am really interested to see if HPF can fine tune their TC to work so its actually usable with 800+ HP cars. Have you discussed this with HPF?

Again, I compliment you on doing a clean job of a high profile wide body car. Very good taste. You must be up for some magazine shoots?

1. Not a new Widebody. Car has been fully built for over year now. :thumbsup:
2. TC is the devil. I don't have the HPF TC. Best TC is your foot. Learn the fine art of pedal modulation.
3. I've never been frustrated with the traction issues - See above. LoL

Don't really care about the Mag shoots. :thumbsup:

giofrem 06-17-2012 11:18 AM

hpf m3 in red

4 Attachment(s)
Another HPF wide body

dallasberry 06-17-2012 11:28 AM

Jason your car looks sick dude! Loving the wing. All i can really say is

http://www.ddranchwear.com/blog/wp-c...e-baseball.jpg

MaverickM3 06-17-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giofrem (Post 14494078)
Another HPF wide body

That looks amazing Gio. :thumbsup: