E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Site Sponsor Group Buys (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   NEW HPF full CARBON FIBER BMW E46 Hood GROUP BUY with AGRESSIVE STYLING - $1650 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=930765)

HPF Chris 07-01-2012 06:22 PM

NEW HPF full CARBON FIBER BMW E46 Hood GROUP BUY with AGRESSIVE STYLING - $1650

We only build the best and our NEW HPF FULL CARBON FIBER BMW HOOD is no exception to that rule. Our extremely strong Carbon Fiber hood is being built by the same company that builds several of our NEW Carbon Fiber parts. For those who have received them, they will notice that they are EXTREMELY strong, EXTREMELY light, EXTREMELY thin, they fit PERFECT and the finish doesn't fade ever. They've been building extremely complex high quality carbon fiber parts for the aerospace industry for years and have also produced some remarkable hoods that I've seen that meet ALL the requirements listed below and then some. These parts have a much higher melting point as virtually no resin or fiberglass is used and they don't fade even in hotter climates with tons of sun.

The following are our requirements for the HPF BMW E46 Hood.
  • It MUST be AGRESSIVE!!
  • It MUST work for most E46's.
  • It MUST have strong internal webbing to support the attachment points to the rear hinges so the hood doesn't flex when you open and close it
  • It MUST have a super strong hood latch so that no hood pins are needed
  • It MUST have venting on both sides
  • It MUST be fade resistant
  • It MUST be blemish free so the hood can be run without paint
  • It MUST simply bolt on without modifications
Sound Impossible? IT's NOT. We've already Laser Scanned the Hood and designed the new hood to have a VERY AGRESSIVE RAISED section in the middle while still retaining the BMW factory lines. We've also designed venting in the sides for that agressive finished look that changes the overall feeling of the car from a docile BMW into a Serious Performance Machine.

One would expect to pay more than $3,000 for a hood of this quality.

HOW DOES $1,995 SOUND??? $1,995 will be our standard price on the hood once we have them in stock in 3 months. Many of you have probably been waiting forever to get a high quality carbon fiber hood on your car. Your wait is now over. For those that want to get in on our group buy, we're offering a CRAZY GROUP BUY price of $1,650!! I will offer the GROUP BUY price for one month so reserve your HPF HOOD TODAY.That's the deal of a lifetime for the HPF CARBON FIBER HOOD.

I'll post up the development designs shortly. If you're interested in getting in on $1,650 GROUP BUY PRICE PM me or email us at sales@horsepowerfreaks.com.

Chris.

spyder 07-01-2012 06:29 PM

nothing for non-m3s?

HPF Chris 07-01-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 14534027)
nothing for non-m3s?

Of course. The HPF CF HOOD WILL FIT most E46's.

Chris.

Grendelsbane 07-01-2012 06:49 PM

Interested, but I would like to see a pic or two before committing.

trippmann 07-01-2012 07:35 PM

well sedan and coupe have a big difference. coupe and m3, lesser so.

777eThOd* 07-01-2012 07:37 PM

Will they fit Facelift coupes ?

Crestwood1001 07-01-2012 07:51 PM

Yea if you expect people to commit we need details, the sedan and coupe are fairly different, will it fit my pre facelift sedan?

sjacoby112 07-01-2012 09:11 PM

pre facelift coupe non m?

NOVAbimmer 07-01-2012 10:37 PM

if you expect people to commit to a hood that's a third the cost of a replacement E46, you're going to need to at least post some pics

Sweetness 07-02-2012 08:26 AM

Let's see here, If I buy this hood, it will cost 1/2 the total worth of my car.

No thanks.

agillzz 07-02-2012 09:42 AM

Bump on the pics. Also, what is the non group pricing?

eee4666 07-02-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetness (Post 14535226)
Let's see here, If I buy this hood, it will cost 1/2 the total worth of my car.

No thanks.

:lmao: my thoughts exactly.

HPF Chris 07-02-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendelsbane (Post 14534056)
Interested, but I would like to see a pic or two before committing.

Design pics will come soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agillzz
Bump on the pics. Also, what is the non group pricing?

For those that want to get in after we have them in stock they will be $1995.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVABimmer
if you expect people to commit to a hood that's a third the cost of a replacement E46, you're going to need to at least post some pics

Of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighBoostin330
Only for M3 or will you make a non-M version as well? The product description above doesn't mention anything except its for E46.

Exactly. This hood should work on the E46 318, 320, 323, 325, 325, 328, 330 and M3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin
Need some pics...painted Imola Red of course

Edit: A CSL styled trunk that meets those specs would be nice too

The CSL Trunk is next. :)

DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR HOOD BLOWING OFF. NO HOOD PINS REQUIRED WITH THE NEW HPF CARBON FIBER BMW E46 HOOD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Z7_84CFDY

spyder 07-02-2012 07:39 PM

Hope to see pictures of these soon, specifically the sedan version.

Brian N 07-03-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 14536831)

I don't see anywhere where it says there will be a sedan version. I doubt that will happen, totally different fitments and would require a separate mold. I'm sure this is coupes only.

TrippinBimmer 07-03-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian N (Post 14537876)
I don't see anywhere where it says there will be a sedan version. I doubt that will happen, totally different fitments and would require a separate mold. I'm sure this is coupes only.

I want ur HOOD!

-Trip

B_Cyrus 07-03-2012 03:53 AM

If I buy one of your hoods, will you un-delete my post that says MA Shaw makes a similar hood of great quality for almost $500 less?

Brian N 07-03-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer (Post 14537915)
I want ur HOOD!

-Trip

:rofl: :hi:

HPF Chris 07-03-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder (Post 14536831)

Pictures will be coming soon. We just had our first team meeting on the hoods. The hood will be CNC'd shortly and after we update the designs I'll post up a few different rendered versions and let you guys give me feedback.

The style most of us like the best is for the center section recessed with a raised bevel right before the center. Then to have functional side vents on each side. The placement of these is really up for discussion as well.

We always want to show off our engines with our hood open. But nobody wants to have an UGLY hood underside with either resin or cut fiberglass sections that hold the hood together. The HPF hood will be two layers with the underside made of the same CRYSTAL CLEAR SHINY CARBON FIBER. :)

We won't be making a Sedan version at first. Once we sell through the Coupe version we can take a look at the demand for the Sedan.

Chris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus
If I buy one of your hoods, will you un-delete my post that says MA Shaw makes a similar hood of great quality for almost $500 less?

I didn't delete your post. :) MA Shaw makes great parts. People can always find cheaper parts somewhere else and hoods are no exception. But you get what you pay for. We've installed a TON of hoods here at HPF. Our hood will be worth every penny of the price!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer
I want ur HOOD!

-Trip

I can't wait to get this hood moving. I want our new hood on both HPF race cars.

Chris.

Grendelsbane 07-06-2012 12:38 PM

Chris - Will the hood have an option for diverters to prevent rain from going into the engine bay?