E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Headlight lens replacement (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=931909)

jaybiRRd 07-07-2012 06:59 PM

Headlight lens replacement

Like many other e46's out there, my headlights are cloudy and look ugly as ****. Ive been looking for oe replacements and the best price I could find was the bosch replacements from Khoalty. However, arent you supposed to specify whether your headlights are ZKW or AL? Anybody order from there before and have perfect fitment with a facelift sedan?

HighPod 07-07-2012 07:04 PM

e-mail them and ask. i think i got my coupe lenses from them. fit good and look much better

Master Po 07-07-2012 07:13 PM

How about just polish the headlights? You'll save a bundle.

fiveightandten 07-07-2012 07:46 PM

You have xenons, correct? The lenses for those are a different part. Make sure you're looking up the right one. And yes, Khoalty is about the cheapest i've found.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 14550732)

They look great initially. But you polish away the UV protective coating on them. They will continue to look good if you keep up a good coat of wax on them at all times and/or keep a coating of some spray on UV protectant on them at all times. But if you fail to do that, they will haze up in a few months.

jaybiRRd 07-07-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Ive tried. Its better, but not perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveightandten (Post 14550799)
You have xenons, correct? The lenses for those are a different part. Make sure you're looking up the right one. And yes, Khoalty is about the cheapest i've found.They look great initially. But you polish away the UV protective coating on them. They will continue to look good if you keep up a good coat of wax on them at all times and/or keep a coating of some spray on UV protectant on them at all times. But if you fail to do that, they will haze up in a few months.

I have halogens and yes, thats why I want replacements. They will just turn to **** again after sanding and polishing

Zell 07-07-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

It never gets the best result, though. If the lenses are replaceable, do it and put a nice coat of quality headlight sealant on them. They'll be clear for probably the rest of the life of that car.

ZHPinthe103 08-16-2012 10:48 PM

Yea i am wondering the same. As i see on khoaltys website there is not two brands of headlight lens such as ZKW and AL. On turner motorsport website it distinctively has too separate headlight lens... Confused

I have the ZKW lens, can i buy the khoalty lens and will they fit??

afstud 08-16-2012 11:08 PM

the zkw and AL were the same lens there is no difference between the two all facelift sedan lenses are interchangeable.. trust me ive tried it already on my previous E46,

Solidjake 08-17-2012 04:48 AM

I have the khoalty lenses and there is no issue with them. Best price anyways.

ac_2007 08-17-2012 05:36 AM

Halogen/Xenon.. I've seen the two different lens types, and I've yet to see how they are different.

+1 for Khoalty. Even with shipping, they are cheaper than any eBay seller.