E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   HERE COMES 6466 POWER... Ben's HPF Stage 2.5 M3 ARRIVED! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=932284)

HPF Chris 07-09-2012 07:03 PM

HERE COMES 6466 POWER... Ben's HPF Stage 2.5 M3 ARRIVED!
 
We are installing the SUPER QUICK SPOOLING PRECISION 6466 TURBO in Ben's HPF Stage 2.5 M3. He's already an HPF Turbo Customer so we're going to provide him with a FRESH tune and comparison dynos to the 6776S he had before. He's also getting the Open Dump and we're inspecting his methanol system. I'll keep you posted on the progress. We will have the before dyno here shortly.

Chris.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben1.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben2.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben3.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben4.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben5.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben6.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben7.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben8.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben9.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben10.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben11.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben12.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben13.jpg

zurus 07-09-2012 09:13 PM

Wow my favorite color, looks really clean :D

AirFrcd 07-09-2012 10:04 PM

I am loving the "understated" license plate :D
The CA DMV just recently sent me a letter rejecting a personalized plate I had purchased 6 weeks ago "LULZWTF"; the new one states: "LULZOMG" - we will see if this one is acceptable.

leletyM3 07-09-2012 10:36 PM

Very nice!!! Cant wait to see the results!!! Also once it is done can you compare this set up vs Gregs M3 with the new 6766....

MarcusLSB 07-09-2012 10:40 PM

I've seen the car in person a few months ago when we met up at my house, the car is gorgeous next to LSB its my favorite color.

Ky///m3 07-09-2012 11:10 PM

Jesus our cars are identical lol

Forcefed M3 07-09-2012 11:23 PM

Bens a cool guy, live the car!

MSpired 07-10-2012 12:39 AM

Car looks great! Very interested in the results, should make for a very nice graph.

Ben, what are the wheel specs?

Gheybe 07-10-2012 01:04 AM

stoked to see this.
why do the tires look so big to me?

Dreikraft 07-10-2012 01:42 AM

mike - wheels are 17x10.5 and 18x9.5

Gheybe 07-10-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreikraft (Post 14557139)
mike - wheels are 17x10.5 and 18x9.5

That's why then.. tires are massive!

MSpired 07-10-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreikraft (Post 14557139)
mike - wheels are 17x10.5 and 18x9.5

Nice, going to have to call Apex and see if the 18's clear 380mm rotors. How would you rate traction with your setup?

Sound Performance 07-10-2012 02:13 AM

You guys are going to love the 6466!

Dreikraft 07-10-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 14557155)
Nice, going to have to call Apex and see if the 18's clear 380mm rotors. How would you rate traction with your setup?

just got the tires last week nt555 315/35/17 currently in the rearr. haven't tried a full 2nd gear pull cause the 6776 is on its last legs ...hence the new 6466.

what i did notice driving thru the twisties in oregon is your going to need some super stiff suspension to compensate for those big tires in the rear... felt like driving on marshmallows in the corners

02black330ci 07-10-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirFrcd (Post 14556609)
I am loving the "understated" license plate http://s1.e46fanatics.com/forum/imag...luebiggrin.gif
The CA DMV just recently sent me a letter rejecting a personalized plate I had purchased 6 weeks ago "LULZWTF"; the new one states: "LULZOMG" - we will see if this one is acceptable.

LOL, thats too funny man. Hopefully this one gets accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 14556727)
I've seen the car in person a few months ago when we met up at my house, the car is gorgeous next to LSB its my favorite color.

Aside from Alpine White, this was my second choice. Color is beautiful in person.

lrinco01 07-10-2012 05:27 AM

Yes, really clean and well put together! Can't wait to see how that 6466 performs on the HPF Built motor!

DOC_Race 07-10-2012 11:35 AM

Love the color scheme as well, in for dyno results!

being3 07-10-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Chris (Post 14556044)
We are installing the SUPER QUICK SPOOLING PRECISION 6466 TURBO in Ben's HPF Stage 2.5 M3. He's already an HPF Turbo Customer so we're going to provide him with a FRESH tune and comparison dynos to the 6776S he had before. He's also getting the Open Dump and we're inspecting his methanol system. I'll keep you posted on the progress. We will have the before dyno here shortly.

Chris.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben1.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben2.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben3.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben4.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben5.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben6.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben7.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben8.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...rival/ben9.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben10.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben11.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben12.jpg

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...ival/ben13.jpg

Keep us posted. I'm very interested :)

Bdave 07-11-2012 12:05 AM

Wow! Being! Why did you quote the entire array of photos? There ARE guys out there with limited band width. We saw them once right at the start of the thread. Just saying...

Dreicraft,
Your paint and color are simply stunning.

I see what you mean about the extra sidewall you are carrying...a full extra inch according to my tire size calculator.
http://www.ffcars.com/tirecalc.html

Ask HPF to shoot/publish a photo that better shows just how wide your 315's are! I am surprised to hear how easily they fit.

I think with a bit more tire pressure and the stiffer springs we talked about, most of that mushy feeling will go away.
The APEX wheels look perfect. Why dont you fit BMW center caps? Not crazy about the Apex ones.

Are you ever going to get a BBK? You CAN get by pretty well with out a set by upgrading the pads for the OEM calipers. There are many other things you could buy for 6k!

Your new turbo should have almost no lag. You will need all that wide rear tire when it hits! Good choice.
Overall, one of the cleanest cars I have ever seen.

Your PM box has been full for days BTW.

Dreikraft 07-11-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14560620)
Your paint and color are simply stunning.

I see what you mean about the extra sidewall you are carrying...a full extra inch according to my tire size calculator.
http://www.ffcars.com/tirecalc.html

Ask HPF to shoot/publish a photo that better shows just how wide your 315's are! I am surprised to hear how easily they fit.

I think with a bit more tire pressure and the stiffer springs we talked about, most of that mushy feeling will go away.
The APEX wheels look perfect. Why dont you fit BMW center caps? Not crazy about the Apex ones.

Are you ever going to get a BBK? You CAN get by pretty well with out a set by upgrading the pads for the OEM calipers. There are many other things you could buy for 6k!

Your new turbo should have almost no lag. You will need all that wide rear tire when it hits! Good choice.
Overall, one of the cleanest cars I have ever seen.

Your PM box has been full for days BTW.

thats because its full of bdave PMs :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use