E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking to buy CSL trunk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=934324)

BLACK E46 SMOKE 07-20-2012 02:37 PM

Looking to buy CSL trunk

1 Attachment(s)
Where is the best place to buy a CSL TRUNK. And what should I expect to pay.

2001 BMW 330XI aka Black Beauty

nlav26 07-20-2012 02:45 PM

Anywhere from $300 to over $1000. not including paint. Lots of companies make them, just do a little research. I'm sure some fit better than others.

BTW this thread doesnt really belong here.

BLACK E46 SMOKE 07-20-2012 02:48 PM

Csl trunk

Sure it does. That's how it gets your response.

ChrisRedmon 07-20-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK E46 SMOKE (Post 14588429)

Told

nlav26 07-20-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK E46 SMOKE (Post 14588429)

Sorry, wasnt trying to be a d*ck

BLACK E46 SMOKE 07-20-2012 03:50 PM

Chris redmon

Nice car. Did u drop it?

Sweetness 07-20-2012 06:18 PM

Black Smoke,

Check out Modbargains.com Some very nice CSL trunks there. CF on black really doesn't need painted in my opinion. But I would check up on maintenance first- such as cooling system, spark plugs, air filters, oil pump nut secure, fuel pump, fuel filter etc. etc.

Welcome to the forum

ModBargains 07-30-2012 08:13 PM

If your still in the market for one..we have some great deals on both the CF and FRP versions in stock!

BLACK E46 SMOKE 10-25-2012 03:56 PM

What company makes the best quality CSL Trunk for a 2001 BMW 330 XI? Fitment is also very important.

Hey i checked your site and didnt see any for sedans.

ModBargains 10-25-2012 04:16 PM

Sorry you could not find it man! I know sometimes it can be hard to find certain parts. Here is the CSL Style Bootlid for the sedan!

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr.../trunk1bx5.jpg

http://www.modbargains.com/images/Pr.../trunk3wf6.jpg

E46Moonlight 10-25-2012 04:31 PM

Khoalty.com has then at reasonable prices! Or look in the classified section. I got my trunk for $100 in a trade for my stock trunk. And in the same color! Good luck.

BLACK E46 SMOKE 10-25-2012 04:41 PM

I just called and someone said you guys don't sell it for the sedan anymore. What's the real deal?

Sent from my N860 using Bimmer App

BLACK E46 SMOKE 11-13-2012 02:14 PM

I ordered corner lights from KHOALTY express service on Nov 9. I also ordered a product from BAVAUTO.com regular UPS ground shipping on Nov 9. I received my packaged from BAVAUTO on Nov 12. Regular UPS Ground shipping. As of today Nov 13 I have not received my package from KHOALTY which I paid for express service. I have sent numerous emails to KHOALTY sales department inquiring when I will be refunded my express fee. I have not gotten a response from anyone at KHOALTY. When I log into my account all it says is processing.

I would advise everyone to stay clear of this company unless you want to go through what I am currently experiencing.

TallSkinnyMatt 11-13-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK E46 SMOKE (Post 14896374)
I ordered corner lights from KHOALTY express service on Nov 9. I also ordered a product from BAVAUTO.com regular UPS ground shipping on Nov 9. I received my packaged from BAVAUTO on Nov 12. Regular UPS Ground shipping. As of today Nov 13 I have not received my package from KHOALTY which I paid for express service. I have sent numerous emails to KHOALTY sales department inquiring when I will be refunded my express fee. I have not gotten a response from anyone at KHOALTY. When I log into my account all it says is processing.

I would advise everyone to stay clear of this company unless you want to go through what I am currently experiencing.

You ordered from Khoalty on the 9th which was friday. Obviously weekends they don't ship anything out. So technically its only been 2 business days. And its being shipping from California compared with Bavauto which is in NH. I would be a little more patient before you start complaining about the company! Most people here have had nothing but good to say about them.

With that said. Modbargains has pretty good deals if you want a CSL trunk for cheap.

E46Moonlight 11-13-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK E46 SMOKE (Post 14896374)

I wouldn't knock them, I believe they are undergoing renovations and new contracts with shipping companies and suppliers. They released a thread on here about it...

Other wise check the classified section for the trunk. I got mine on here from another member in NJ. All the trunks for sedans are the same except for the expensive ones like vorsteiner, but do your research and check the forum sponsors if you want to drop $ on it quick. Fitment is all in the installation. Do it right and it will look great.

Good luck on your endeavors

BLACK E46 SMOKE 11-13-2012 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt (Post 14896471)
You ordered from Khoalty on the 9th which was friday. Obviously weekends they don't ship anything out. So technically its only been 2 business days. And its being shipping from California compared with Bavauto which is in NH. I would be a little more patient before you start complaining about the company! Most people here have had nothing but good to say about them.

With that said. Modbargains has pretty good deals if you want a CSL trunk for cheap.

I was well within right for slamming KHOALTY. When you contact a company pertaining to a product you paid for and they out right ignore your emails you have a right to say whatever you feel because in this world of computers and cellphones that's just plain unprofessional. It doesn't matter what renovation a company's under they can always answer email from their cellphone or ipad.

Oh and by the way....ppl have sent me private messages stating their bad experiences with Khoalty. So that line about most ppl have nothing but good to say about them is bullsh*t.

TallSkinnyMatt 11-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK E46 SMOKE (Post 14896562)
I was well within right for slamming KHOALTY. When you contact a company pertaining to a product you paid for and they out right ignore your emails you have a right to say whatever you feel because in this world of computers and cellphones that's just plain unprofessional. It doesn't matter what renovation a company's under they can always answer email from their cellphone or ipad.

Oh and by the way....ppl have sent me private messages stating their bad experiences with Khoalty. So that line about most ppl have nothing but good to say about them is bullsh*t.

I'm not here to start an argument. I'm just stating a fact. You probably contacted khoalty Monday expecting your package when you ordered it Friday. And the fact that they are renovating their company and don't have time to answer questions about someone being impatient is not surprising. That's the joy of online shopping! You don't get your product instantly. I would understand if it's over a week! But it's only been a couple days. Which were not even business days. Just saying... Have a little patience and I'm sure everything will be resolved.

When I said that most people here say good things about khoalty, that is true. Obviously there are some mistakes made once in a while... But khoalty has been a respectable vendor with a good reputation.

E46Moonlight 11-13-2012 03:40 PM

Plus Monday was Veterans Day! Be patient. Should have taken these factors into account when ordering so close to the weekend and on a holiday weekend. Be patient for your product. After all its online shopping and coming across the country. If it shows up to your door step with defects then start b!tching.

BLACK E46 SMOKE 11-13-2012 03:42 PM

Matt your wrong again. Stop trying to defend something that has no defense. If i wanted to be patient i would not have ordered express. And if they wanted patient customers they should not advertise express. Not answering any customer is poor business at best. That is a sign of a substandard company. The beauty of ordering online is not what you say it is. The beauty if ordering online is being able to order from the comfort of your home and having a product delivered to your home in a timely fashion. So again I would advise as many others have done to stay away from this company.

P.s maybe you didnt read my first post looking for a carbon fiber trunk and someone responded to stay away from KHOALTY. Why don't you have a peek at that mate.

BLACK E46 SMOKE 11-13-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Moonlight (Post 14896681)
Plus Monday was Veterans Day! Be patient. Should have taken these factors into account when ordering so close to the weekend and on a holiday weekend. Be patient for your product. After all its online shopping and coming across the country. If it shows up to your door step with defects then start b!tching.

E46 Moonlight I am a veteran of the US Navy. If i wanted patient I wouldn't pay extra for express. I don't want patience I want what I paid for.

Speaking of veterans ....it was my sacrifice for 4 yrs that allows KHOALTY and others to do business in the free world.