E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA Stage 2 Meth Injection - E46 Vert Trunk Install (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=937655)

triksterut 08-08-2012 01:34 PM

AA Stage 2 Meth Injection - E46 Vert Trunk Install

Hey all,

Installing a Stage II upgrade in my E46 Vert - and while I was installing this I noticed that the meth kit comes mounted to a stock battery cover (for a non-vert). This obviously won't fit in my car so I'm looking to see if anyone has any pictures of what they have done? I was just going to get a piece of MDF and carpet it like a sub box; then just mount everything to that. Thoughts? Advice?

m3816 08-08-2012 02:09 PM

I am 99% sure it will fit fine. Have you test fit it? The coupe and the vert use the same battery and the meth tank sits over the battery so it should fit with no issues.

Bdave 08-08-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triksterut (Post 14637933)
Hey all,

Installing a Stage II upgrade in my E46 Vert - and while I was installing this I noticed that the meth kit comes mounted to a stock battery cover (for a non-vert). This obviously won't fit in my car so I'm looking to see if anyone has any pictures of what they have done? I was just going to get a piece of MDF and carpet it like a sub box; then just mount everything to that. Thoughts? Advice?

You can mount the tank really any way you like. But my AA installed meth tank was mounted right over the battery on the right side(passenger side) of the trunk. I sold the entire kit so I cant take a photo for you.

I am CERTAIN that AA has a photo of a vert trunk mounted meth tank somewhere in their files. Just email them.

Or do your own thing. There is no wrong way as long as you are happy and it is secure. Good luck!

Viral@ActiveAutowerke 08-08-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triksterut (Post 14637933)
Hey all,

With Convertibles we typically have the methanol system mounted on the right hand side of the trunk on instead of over the battery tray. If you would like some picture diagrams please feel free to E-Mail directly at Viral@activeautowerke.com and I will be more than glad to assist you with them. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14638166)
You can mount the tank really any way you like. But my AA installed meth tank was mounted right over the battery on the right side(passenger side) of the trunk. I sold the entire kit so I cant take a photo for you.

I am CERTAIN that AA has a photo of a vert trunk mounted meth tank somewhere in their files. Just email them.

Or do your own thing. There is no wrong way as long as you are happy and it is secure. Good luck!

You are absolutely correct Dave :woot: thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

Shakxxx 08-10-2012 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is where Bimmersport mounted my meth tank!!
They built me a custom mount an it works perfect. Attachment 464384
Ill take a better pic for you later!!!

performancenut 08-10-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakxxx (Post 14644114)
This is where Bimmersport mounted my meth tank!!
They built me a custom mount an it works perfect. Attachment 464384
Ill take a better pic for you later!!!

To refill the tank, does it need removed or do you have top access?

Shakxxx 08-11-2012 01:11 AM

You can fill the tank easily with a flexible funnel or i can unscrew a 13mm bolt and slide it out of its bracket.

TrippinBimmer 08-11-2012 10:01 PM

What meth are you guys running?

Bdave 08-11-2012 10:45 PM

I used M1 from VP. Mixed it 50:50 with water.
BTW, 100% water or isopropyl alcohol plus 40% or so of water will do in a pinch(if using 60% iso. More water of course for 90% iso).

I stopped an filled up at a Walgreens once!

Not too long ago, AA used ISO alcohol only because their pumps at the time were not meth safe. Methyl Alcohol does work the best but an iso mix is just fine. Try to get a 50 percent alcohol /50% water mix. Everyone knows iso already HAS some water in it already. Just pay attention to the label.

Shakxxx 08-12-2012 06:29 AM

I also use m1 mixed 50:50 with water

Shakxxx 09-03-2012 10:12 AM

OP let's see some pics of your tank mounted!!!

triksterut 09-04-2012 02:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Got it in there; we actually just took the stock convertible battery tray and managed to get everything bolted to it. Had to get rid of the angle bracket that the pump was mounted too though:

Attachment 467580

Attachment 467581

Still have to get it all buttoned up but progress is being made!

DenaliXTC 09-17-2012 05:14 PM

if you take the tank off the tray itll fit in under the hood in the back left compartment if its an 03.5+ i believe. Its been done... search for Maximum PSI wes stage 2 AA install.