E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Does anybody recognise this cover/padding (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=937914)

CSL323 08-10-2012 03:37 AM

Does anybody recognise this cover/padding
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just rummaged through some parts that were left over from my car's rebuild and found this cover that none of us seem to be able to recognise where it came from. Any ideas?

CSL323 08-10-2012 03:39 AM

PS car is RHD.

DamoBMW 08-10-2012 07:05 AM

http://realoem.com/bmw/

:thumbup:

paraklas 08-10-2012 07:41 AM

http://static.bmwfans.info/images/epc/MTQ3NzQ3X3A=.png Sound insulating front - BMW parts catalog

Part 15?

DamoBMW 08-10-2012 07:53 AM

^^

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...66204dAcP9BQNe

That's what came up when I googled the part number, doesn't really look the same as the diagram though.

CSL323 08-10-2012 08:07 AM

Hmm, looks more like part 2 imo

moiz21 08-10-2012 08:11 AM

Pretty sure it belongs in the engine bay.

CSL323 08-10-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moiz21 (Post 14642628)
Pretty sure it belongs in the engine bay.

Yeah it looks that way, I'll post a photo of where we suspected it to go but doesn't fit too good.

CSL323 08-10-2012 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To the right of the engine. Seems like something should be in there but this particular padding doesn't fit perfectly

dmax 08-10-2012 10:31 AM

...and I'm thinking that I don't have padded insulation in the engine bay, but do on the interior.

There is a firewall (sort of...a hard plastic wall) that fits in front of the left rear part of engine bay...on intake side...through which the hose from upper intake boot passes before brake booster...don't think that's the missing part you have in photo though.

Let's see how realoem treats me...brb!

dmax 08-10-2012 10:36 AM

http://realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/q/i/98.png

#12...over rear wheel housing.

I'm feeling pretty good about this random guess...you're welcome! :lmao:

CSL323 08-10-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 14642854)
...and I'm thinking that I don't have padded insulation in the engine bay, but do on the interior.

There is a firewall (sort of...a hard plastic wall) that fits in front of the left rear part of engine bay...on intake side...through which the hose from upper intake boot passes before brake booster...don't think that's the missing part you have in photo though.

Let's see how realoem treats me...brb!

Thanks, DMAX! Quick question, where do you have the time for all this, all the time?

Also, still loving those green walls ;)

CSL323 08-10-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 14642867)
http://realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/q/i/98.png

#12...over rear wheel housing.

I'm feeling pretty good about this random guess...you're welcome! :lmao:

I'll have a look in the morning, mate! After all, that qtr panel was repaired also. Cheers :thumbsup:

dmax 08-10-2012 10:45 AM

It's not as much that I have the time...I just waste it this way...too much!

When you open the trunk, I think you'll find the contour you're after pretty soon.

I get more comments on my green wall tires. Many here think I was just joking about it, but all those who've met me and my car can attest to the tires really being green. While everyone else here looks for unique in the same places, I'm out there mavericking the future world of modding. It's kind of lonely out here by myself though...waiting to see more green walls around!

CSL323 08-10-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 14642886)
I get more comments on my green wall tires. Many here think I was just joking about it, but all those who've met me and my car can attest to the tires really being green. While everyone else here looks for unique in the same places, I'm out there mavericking the future world of modding. It's kind of lonely out here by myself though...waiting to see more green walls around!

glad I helped!

paraklas 08-10-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL323 (Post 14642660)
To the right of the engine. Seems like something should be in there but this particular padding doesn't fit perfectly

I have nothing there as far as padding
http://www.argyrides.eu/bmw/performa.../images/21.jpg

CSL323 08-10-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paraklas (Post 14643067)
I have nothing there as far as padding
http://www.argyrides.eu/bmw/performa.../images/21.jpg

Thankyou so much for that mate! I really appreciate it :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use