E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Home Improvement (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   ***Official what are you doing today for your home thread*** (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=938122)

Solidjake 08-11-2012 03:25 PM

***Official what are you doing today for your home thread***

Took out all of the furniture from my bedroom, painted the ceiling with ceiling paint and put down one coat of primer on the walls

JonJon 08-11-2012 03:40 PM

Mowed the lawn.

zhpfan4life 08-11-2012 08:23 PM

Just set up my new surround sound theater system, well technically its an apartment

justinrn21 08-12-2012 07:28 PM

Mowed the grass. Also ran speaker wire thru my crawl space to my kitchen and installed in-wall speakers

Solidjake 08-12-2012 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First coat.

Tb151 08-12-2012 07:57 PM

Just ordered a closet storage system for my 2 year old son's room. We have another boy coming on Christmas and decided to keep his current room in baby mode and set up a new room for him. We bought a full bedroom set with a night stand and bookcase. He has 2 good closets in his room so I'm doing built in's in one of them. May tackle it this weekend but also ordered a vacuum for the garage and may re-paint it and start prepping for epoxy floor.

Closet:
http://www.smartcouponing.com/wp-con...uis-closet.jpg

New Garage Vac:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._SY300_.jpg

VaderDave 08-14-2012 11:25 AM

Tested the fridge by opening the door.
Tested the integrity of the electrical system by turning on/off several lights throughout the house.
Tested the integrity of the floor by walking around.
Tested the plumbing by taking a shower.

I am committed to daily inspections and testing of some or all vital systems within my home. You may all heap praise upon me now.

shwagon 08-20-2012 10:58 AM

First time using RidX (septic tank cleaner). Anyone use this stuff much or have heard that it works or not?

Adam@Euro-Spec 08-20-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaderDave (Post 14651535)
Tested the fridge by opening the door.
Tested the integrity of the electrical system by turning on/off several lights throughout the house.
Tested the integrity of the floor by walking around.
Tested the plumbing by taking a shower.

I am committed to daily inspections and testing of some or all vital systems within my home. You may all heap praise upon me now.

I have the same thought process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

zhpfan4life 08-21-2012 09:33 PM

Started work on my room and bathroom. Put up curtains in front of my closet instead of the two sliding mirror doors that were there. Hated not being able to use the middle of my closet which is already small enough to begin with.

Then in the bathroom I hung a glass vanity shelf to hold my normal toiletries. Toilet broke so I'll be fixing that soon. Then on to hanging pictures up on the wall.

SLVR JDM 08-24-2012 11:39 PM

This week:
Sealed the driveway (asphalt)
Had an overhead junction box wired up for a chandelier in the living room
Installed an additional GFCI outlet outside - didn't have one in front anywhere before
Having my living room, dining room, and foyer painted along with ceilings and trim in each

yeah - not doing any of this myself, work is too crazy, but progress nonetheless :rofl:

SamDoe1 08-27-2012 11:37 AM

I just bought a new house (first home) and therefore have a metric sh!t ton to get done quickly. Here's a clip of what I did over the past weekend:

Removed brick shelves from fireplace using masonry wheel and angle grinder (made a big mess :thumbsup:).

Mounted TV on brick wall after removing shelves.

Constructed new work bench.

Bought an engine block from an E30 for $30 incl. pistons and crank shaft for coffee table project. :4ngie:

Cut down ugly trees and bushes in back yard.

Riverbmr3 11-12-2012 03:32 PM

im doing a ceiling molding, anybody did the same?

slo323ci 11-12-2012 08:44 PM

Ordered garage doors, garage windows, and Living space windows. Won't be in till early December when I will be installing them.

unionjack 11-13-2012 06:45 AM

Finished painting the theater room, ordered the receiver, speakers, and sub. I already have the TV. I still need to order a 4-post rack, add an outlet, and run the wiring to the closet.

Tb151 11-13-2012 10:10 AM

Ordered a new dining room set which comes on Thursday, installed a new light in an area of our kitchen. Installed new Gladiator Cabinets in the garage and just put up some cool coat hooks near the front door. Considering ordering a new fridge too, so looking into my options there. Just a few things...

SamDoe1 11-13-2012 01:51 PM

Didn't do this in one day but:
- Finished painting new theater room
- Finished running wiring for rear and center channel speakers
- Installed new power outlet.
- Installed all home theater equipment
- Bought new couch and ottoman for said theater room, put in place
- Raked and composted a metric sh!t ton of leaves
- Mowed grass short and mulched whatever leaves were left
- Cut down all leafy plants in landscaping
- Swept out garage

Still left to do:
- Mount Xbox Kinect on wall in theater room
- Install dimmer switch in theater room
- Change oil and drain gas out of lawn mower
- Put lawn mower in back of garage
- Check oil and add gas to snow blower
- Bring snow blower from back of garage to front

Green_Shine 11-20-2012 08:57 PM

Finishing my basement, 1200 sq ft.

slo323ci 11-23-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tb151 (Post 14647432)

This isn't the one that Jonjon has that he says it basically just looks nice but doesn't suck that much up? I'm actually pouring my floor in my new garage on Saturday, so I'm looking for ideas.

Tb151 11-23-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slo323ci (Post 14921842)
This isn't the one that Jonjon has that he says it basically just looks nice but doesn't suck that much up? I'm actually pouring my floor in my new garage on Saturday, so I'm looking for ideas.

If you stick to using it for cars and basic garage dirt its good. But if you suck up drywall dust for example, the filter clogs right up. It also isn't a wet vac, which is something to keep in mind.