Let's trace my uneven braking problem
As title says, under light braking, the car feels as it has warped rotors. But, I'm not sure if this is the case because I am getting contradicting evidence:
- Issue started after a track day, however I did let the car cool down (2 laps without braking).
- I did the "rust" test on the rotors; sprayed them with water, let them rust and moved the car around. The traces of the pad against the rust are even throughout (the contradicting evidence)
- All 4 calipers are reconditioned (new seals, new fluid), pads are Axxis ultimate
- Rotors are way above minimum thickness, brand zimmermann
- When I brake, steering tends to turn around 4-5 degrees to the left
- Tires have around 5000miles on them, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric II
- 4-wheel alignment done 15000 miles ago
What am I missing? Could I have just destroyed my rotors during the track day? Something else that is related to the left steering?
Attached some pictures of the "rust test"
Any updates? I am having similar issues with mine and would be nice to hear about your side. I know for sure that my rotors are shot.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.