E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lance armstrong (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=940488)

stapler12345 08-24-2012 12:46 AM

lance armstrong
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTr2GSVUGg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL89.../382372023.jpg

MTreyM 08-24-2012 01:29 AM

He's still a champ, a scholar and a true gentleman.

msu07 08-24-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTreyM (Post 14676403)
He's still a champ, a scholar and a true gentleman.

Who cheated like the rest of his sport... A cheating champ none the less.

mkodama 08-24-2012 03:28 AM

The part that the USADA is a private organization that makes and decides its own rules, and still hasn't found anything more than strong indicators of doping, is enough grounds to strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour de France titles is wrong. I can easily see how a person would no longer want to take part of something that isn't even part of the legal system.

At the same time, the fact that Armstrong just gave up on the dispute means there will never be any definite answer, only a definite ruling.

Overall a sad outcome, both being declared a cheater, and not knowing for sure if he ever was a cheater. The only thing I know for sure is that USADA and this ruling has put the last nail on the coffin for me when it comes to competitive cycling.

Breyton-BMW 08-24-2012 03:58 AM

I don't know why they keep bringing this up. If he passed the tests then, leave him alone.

k2spitfire 08-24-2012 04:34 AM

do they still pump extra blood? that's just nuts

evilstar 08-24-2012 04:51 AM

From what I briefly read the actual cycling organization that does tour de France has been backing through this it is ultimately their choice to strip the titles. USADA is insistent that they do as a "signed" partner in the anti-doping act something or other. But it is their choice so we shall see. Personally I think it's a bunch of bullshit. Don't blame lance at this point.

If any of that didn't make sense well I'm typing on my phone and I'm tired and dgaf. Goodnight.

evilstar 08-24-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2spitfire (Post 14676572)
do they still pump extra blood? that's just nuts

No I think he had his removed.

v8 5 08-24-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTreyM (Post 14676403)
He's still a champ, a scholar and a true gentleman.

MTreyM = trey2s ?

BoogetyBoogety 08-24-2012 06:28 AM

Say what you will, Lance has a lot of ball :facepalm::facepalm:

DylloS 08-24-2012 06:58 AM

Everyone in pro sports does it. Let's just drop this bs and let the best of the users shine.

mistrzmiasta 08-24-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14676652)
Everyone in pro sports does it. Let's just drop this bs and let the best of the users shine.

:(

k2spitfire 08-24-2012 07:22 AM

if he believes in his heart that he's a champion, it shouldn't matter what the record books say.

either way, he's famous and rich now... that's not going away. so i agree with this move, just fcuk everyone and life goes on.

2000_328CI 08-24-2012 07:24 AM

As lame as it is that a "champ" cheated, the sad truth is that EVERYONE in his sport was also doing it. What pisses me off is somewhere out there the guy who got second place in one of Lance's races, and also cheated, is now walking around saying he was the true winner of that race.

I'm with my cousin on this one... let them all do whatever they want and lets start cheering on super athletes. What could be more fun than an entire team of HGH, testosterone filled monsters returning a kickoff.

ShootyzGruve 08-24-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkodama (Post 14676550)
The part that the USADA is a private organization that makes and decides its own rules, and still hasn't found anything more than strong indicators of doping, is enough grounds to strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour de France titles is wrong. I can easily see how a person would no longer want to take part of something that isn't even part of the legal system.

At the same time, the fact that Armstrong just gave up on the dispute means there will never be any definite answer, only a definite ruling.

Overall a sad outcome, both being declared a cheater, and not knowing for sure if he ever was a cheater. The only thing I know for sure is that USADA and this ruling has put the last nail on the coffin for me when it comes to competitive cycling.

This



Quote:

Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW (Post 14676556)
I don't know why they keep bringing this up. If he passed the tests then, leave him alone.

And this

Born Again 08-24-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14676652)
Everyone in pro sports does it. Let's just drop this bs and let the best of the users shine.

I don't agree

The sport is dirty and cheaters must pay.


It was a matter of time before this guy was found guilty.


Guys u have to understand there are new ways to test.

Cheaters have had an advantage for some time. Tech is catching up.

makecopies 08-24-2012 07:41 AM

Seems like a witch hunt

coco savage 08-24-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkodama (Post 14676550)
The part that the USADA is a private organization that makes and decides its own rules, and still hasn't found anything more than strong indicators of doping, is enough grounds to strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour de France titles is wrong. I can easily see how a person would no longer want to take part of something that isn't even part of the legal system.

At the same time, the fact that Armstrong just gave up on the dispute means there will never be any definite answer, only a definite ruling.

Overall a sad outcome, both being declared a cheater, and not knowing for sure if he ever was a cheater. The only thing I know for sure is that USADA and this ruling has put the last nail on the coffin for me when it comes to competitive cycling.

Perfectly said.

This

:read:

Etc

wild willy 08-24-2012 08:03 AM

This guy rides a bike right? Who cares............

Now accusations about the Yankee SS....I take serious

pawelgawel 08-24-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born Again (Post 14676692)
I don't agree

The sport is dirty and cheaters must pay.


It was a matter of time before this guy was found guilty.


Guys u have to understand there are new ways to test.

Cheaters have had an advantage for some time. Tech is catching up.

Im not picking on you, but like many have said, a Large % of pro athletes are doping. 99% of football players are on something... why isnt NHL implementing tests??? what about baske.... oh never mind. Thats a diff league of sports.

Anyways.... planty of pros do it. I dont blame them. Look at the way our Society treats sport stars.... they're gods to us.

Id do it in a hart beat if I could get away with it for a few years and make Gazillion $$$$$$$$$

Lance is lucky he got away without any evidance that WE know of.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use