E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help with Headlight (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=940872)

Ace330CI 08-26-2012 12:38 PM

Help with Headlight

1 Attachment(s)
So the other day my right headlight(xenon) wasn't working, so today being Sunday and my only day off I decide to try and figure out the problem. So here I was flipping parts between the two headlight, and I came upon this? The connecter that's connect to the Igniter looks to be cut on the red wire? I guess PO just put some electoral tape on it. :( :banghead:
So what are my options from here? What is that red wire/connecter? Does anyone have a P/N?

sillieidiot 08-26-2012 01:09 PM

looks like you have a facelift coupe. that part seems to fail a lot on the early models. it wasn't cut, it's just the wires failing. i don't believe there's a p/n for it. you'll have to look on realoem.com and see what it looks closest like. otherwise i would just try to solder it like that and use heatshrink. it's fairly hard to do it at that distance from the connector though.

darksideracer69 08-26-2012 01:11 PM

Yea that'll suck since there's not much wire left. But it's still possible gl

Sent from my Dell Streak

Ace330CI 09-01-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 14681301)
looks like you have a facelift coupe. that part seems to fail a lot on the early models. it wasn't cut, it's just the wires failing. i don't believe there's a p/n for it. you'll have to look on realoem.com and see what it looks closest like. otherwise i would just try to solder it like that and use heatshrink. it's fairly hard to do it at that distance from the connector though.

Yeah Sillie its a facelift coupe, i used your youtube video to help me out with switching the parts around. So i have an other question will I be able to cut like 2 inches with the connector from an other car and just solder the two piece together? Once again thank you for your help.

Ace330CI 09-01-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksideracer69 (Post 14681305)
Yea that'll suck since there's not much wire left. But it's still possible gl

Sent from my Dell Streak

Mind to help me if i dont get it fix by the time you come to Dallas?

darksideracer69 09-01-2012 03:11 PM

Not a problem. Got my number?

Sent from my Dell Streak

sillieidiot 09-01-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace330CI (Post 14697924)
Yeah Sillie its a facelift coupe, i used your youtube video to help me out with switching the parts around. So i have an other question will I be able to cut like 2 inches with the connector from an other car and just solder the two piece together? Once again thank you for your help.

glad that video/diys still help people out.

Anyways, I would just solder those wires like they are now. maybe cut a small wire between the two to make up the difference in length as well as keep it from straining in the future.