E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JAWS Motorsport AB PX600 Supercharger kit (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=941081)

Jonas@JAWS 08-27-2012 01:09 PM

JAWS Motorsport AB PX600 Supercharger kit
 
4 Attachment(s)
We at JAWS Motorsport AB have developed a supercharger kit for the E46 M3.

Paxton Novi1200SL Supercharger self lubricated , max 775hp
11psi boost
Bosch Motorsport injectors
Bosch Motorsport fuelpump with hanger
5bar FPR
CNC S/C bracket w idle pulleys by JAWS
Aluminium intake manifold with 50mm runners and trumpets
50mm BOV *open*
OEM Oil catchtank w/breather and return to oilsump.
BIG FMIC 4" thick, 3" in/out
DO88 silicone hoses
3" intercooler pipes (modified S/C compressor house)
98 RON fuel
CNC crank pulley by JAWS
6 rib high quality serpentine belt
BMC 3,5" air filter mounted direct on supercharger
JAWS MSS54(HP) "perfect tune" software

Introduction price is $8495

Q: Why should you choose a JAWS S/C kit in front of others?

A: Because we deliver not only performance in dyno, we also backup our claims with lightning fast 60-130 times, a 24 month warranty, free software updates, we also sell our products world wide from Asia, to Germany, South Africa and America to mention a few.

We cover all models, 6speed, smg and facelifted once with "HP" ecu.

A 200whp+ above baseline is to be expected, we recomend the use of EURO headers and if you push the car really hard in places with very hot weather we recomend a meth kit to keep IAT cool, we have this as an option.

There is also a forged built Stage 3 in the pipe :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPR9...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckuvA...layer_embedded

Jonas@JAWS 08-31-2012 02:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
*Bump*

Just recieved a bloody red M3 E46 2002 US import (decatted with supersprint headers and midpipes and JAWS rear titanium muffler) he says he want a PX600 kit so...well lets help him out! :) Removing 2month Old carbon intake kit with JAWS Alpha-N sw.

7to3_enthusiast 08-31-2012 11:19 AM

maybe I missed this, but what clutch are you using for your kit?

Eric W 08-31-2012 12:47 PM

Very interested in this,.................few questions though, I thought it was unsafe to run more the 10lbs. boost without meth injection or race gas. Can this supercharger setup be run at 11psi or 12psi "SAFELY" on U.S. 93octane pump gas without meth injection? I currently have an active autowerks kit an only see about 400whp @ 8lbs. boost an I want 500whp. pump gas without meth injection.

Also what clutch?

Jonas@JAWS 08-31-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric W (Post 14695652)
Very interested in this,.................few questions though, I thought it was unsafe to run more the 10lbs. boost without meth injection or race gas. Can this supercharger setup be run at 11psi or 12psi "SAFELY" on U.S. 93octane pump gas without meth injection? I currently have an active autowerks kit an only see about 400whp @ 8lbs. boost an I want 500whp. pump gas without meth injection.

Also what clutch?

I dont know how "others" setup theire S/C kit´s and software or the controll of it..There is nothing really called SAFE when it comes to tuning and making more horsepower on engines that isnt ment for boosted applications, but if u can controll some of the most important parameters in tuning your fine, and we do!

Stock clutch works good for street use and some track days, if u tend to go dragracing every week or using the car on track mostly of its time, change the clutch and you are fine.

Jonas@JAWS 08-31-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast (Post 14695444)
maybe I missed this, but what clutch are you using for your kit?

Stage 1&2 = OEM
Stage 3 = SACHS HD

Jonas@JAWS 08-31-2012 02:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Stage 3:

* JAWS PX600 Supercharger kit - Paxton Novi 1500SL (825hp) <--- Upgraded Supercharger

* JAWS 1300Hp+ Billet piston and rod kit (more info abt this further down)

* ARP L19 head bolts (Horsepowerfreaks)

* ARP main crank bolts (Horsepowerfreaks)

* VAC coated rod and main bearings (Horsepowerfreaks)

* BMW oem full gasket set for rebuild

* E46 M3 SACHS HD clutch kit

* Snow Performance Water-Methanol Systems - Stage 2 (Horsepowerfreaks)

Our goal is to max out the Supercharger and build the fastest S/C M3 E46 "around the blocks" on pump gas, we will add Meth injection to compensate for bad fuel around the globe, should suite everyone!, this will be done in 4 weeks from TODAY! All parts are ordered and we are waiting for confirmation on delivery, Horsepowerfreaks will supply things u can see above and DP in Europe who is our manufactor of JAWS billet pistons and turbo rods

Pictures will be uploaded in detail for you guys to see and i hope you will follow the thread... wish us luck


"Togheter with DP in europe JAWS has produced the best Piston and Rod combo avaible today for the S54.

Billet Turbo Drag Boxed Pistons machined to perfection, weight matched with Swedish quality Uddeholm orvar supreme H13 tool steel pins.

Forged Cross H Beam Reinforced Drag Rods with Swedish quality Uddeholm orvar supreme H13 tool steel bolts equal to 245Ksi like ARP L19´s.

All products are manufactored in small batches to ensure highest accuracy."

m3816 09-05-2012 08:06 PM

:thumbsup: I am glad to see there are more products in the market and thank you for providing a NA vs s/c comparison on the same dyno because your dyno seem a bit on the happier side. 308whp with just a muffler should look closer to 280ish and the same goes for the supercharger dyno.

Jonas@JAWS 09-06-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3816 (Post 14708039)
:thumbsup: I am glad to see there are more products in the market and thank you for providing a NA vs s/c comparison on the same dyno because your dyno seem a bit on the happier side. 308whp with just a muffler should look closer to 280ish and the same goes for the supercharger dyno.

It depends how much the driveline loss is, for us its abt 12,5% to reach 343hp, if we put that on the supercharger in the same vid it would have 605 crank hp, based on the boost (12psi) we run to get 539whp its VERY accurate and real life showing, BASED on that the 2 engines delivers 343 crank hp in its original condition.

So i really feel this dyno is good, and as u say most important is before and after on same dyno!

m3816 09-06-2012 04:24 PM

After you guys max out the blower and reach your goals; you should do Individual throttle bodies direct meth injection ;)

inzani 09-07-2012 01:56 AM

Overall Meth aint very popular choice in Sweden due to the extremly good availabilty of E85. So if something, then i guess its a E85 tune comming ;)

M369 09-07-2012 08:16 AM

nice project
do you have vidéo with test to another big car?

Jonas@JAWS 09-07-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M369 (Post 14712022)
nice project
do you have vidéo with test to another big car?

In approx 2weeks we will drive against many exclusive sportcars

7to3_enthusiast 09-07-2012 12:11 PM

looking forward to see this...interested in seeing how it would stack up against an HPF stage 2 if u have any in your area.

m3816 09-07-2012 12:17 PM

on pump hpf wont stand a chance since it is running less boost and when hpf is on meth the tables turn, because they are running more boost.

Bdave 09-07-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3816 (Post 14712780)
on pump hpf wont stand a chance since it is running less boost and when hpf is on meth the tables turn, because they are running more boost.

Forgive me.I have to ask. I see you have an AA HKS that puts out 462HP. That cant be a stage 1.5. So is that all they could get out of a stage 2?
I thought the Stage 2 were up around 500.

Jaws, you have the best SC mentality ever! I hate SC for BMW normally, but you guys are doing it up right! I am very impressed!

Jonas@JAWS 09-07-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14714328)
Forgive me.I have to ask. I see you have an AA HKS that puts out 462HP. That cant be a stage 1.5. So is that all they could get out of a stage 2?
I thought the Stage 2 were up around 500.

Jaws, you have the best SC mentality ever! I hate SC for BMW normally, but you guys are doing it up right! I am very impressed!

Tnx! :thumbup:

Bdave 09-08-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas@JAWS (Post 14714393)
Tnx! :thumbup:

AA uses their meth as a COOLER ONLY. there is no map to increase the power level when it is sprayed. In fact they say never to use it at full strength...only 50:50 with water.

This is all fine because they dont have a problem if you run out of meth. They dont tune the motor so it HAS to use meth to run properly.

I think, however this is a total waste of a fairly expensive product. Why not spray at FULL strength and have an ignition map that takes advantage of the meth as a FUEL as well as a coolant?

So, how do you handle the issue of running OUT of meth? Is there any way to REDUCE boost on a super charger electronically? What little I know is that i THINK boost can only be changed by pulley size. I have not spent much time looking at what superchargers can and cannot do.

But wouldnt it be great if you could jack the boost up when meth is sprayed and have a fail safe (reduce the boost) when you run out of meth. Otherwise you would grenade your motor, correct?

Do you have plans to increase the boost by using meth as a FUEL??
This would be on your stage 3 with a built motor of course.

I suppose you could induce a "limp mode" should a car run out of meth. Yes?

Cipri 09-08-2012 05:58 AM

Tell us more about the piston/rod combo you will have.

Jonas@JAWS 09-08-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14714797)
AA uses their meth as a COOLER ONLY. there is no map to increase the power level when it is sprayed. In fact they say never to use it at full strength...only 50:50 with water.

This is all fine because they dont have a problem if you run out of meth. They dont tune the motor so it HAS to use meth to run properly.

I think, however this is a total waste of a fairly expensive product. Why not spray at FULL strength and have an ignition map that takes advantage of the meth as a FUEL as well as a coolant?

So, how do you handle the issue of running OUT of meth? Is there any way to REDUCE boost on a super charger electronically? What little I know is that i THINK boost can only be changed by pulley size. I have not spent much time looking at what superchargers can and cannot do.

But wouldnt it be great if you could jack the boost up when meth is sprayed and have a fail safe (reduce the boost) when you run out of meth. Otherwise you would grenade your motor, correct?

Do you have plans to increase the boost by using meth as a FUEL??
This would be on your stage 3 with a built motor of course.

I suppose you could induce a "limp mode" should a car run out of meth. Yes?

Water/meth spray is just a saftey valve for us, 51% water 49% Meth we dont use it as a power adder and it will not be a problem when it runs out, We are thinking of using the washerfluid container..and when its low on fluid we see it on the cluster as a low washer fluid warning.

If we go racing a hot day its very nice to have or if we do a full high speed mile we can have a edge over others, ignition will not adapt down due to high IAT´s...but its about adaption, knock adaption ~ ignition adaption vs iat,egt,afr and so on..u can work with this adaption values in a diffrent way if u use meth injection...colder iat and better fuel = more ignition ..this is more advance tech talk though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use