E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bav Auto Power Programmer- Does It Work (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=943607)

E46330Man 09-09-2012 01:48 PM

Bav Auto Power Programmer- Does It Work

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Looking to possibly purchase this based on fanatics reviews, has anyone used this, what differences did you see/feel, would it work better in combination with exhaust work and a CAI???

Thanks Guys

I did do a search and didnt find conclusive evidence

Mcbridges11 09-09-2012 05:10 PM

:woot:
Quote:

Originally Posted by E46330Man (Post 14717426)
http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Looking to possibly purchase this based on fanatics reviews, has anyone used this, what differences did you see/feel, would it work better in combination with exhaust work and a CAI???

Thanks Guys

I did do a search and didnt find conclusive evidence

I have it- its the same as the shark-I love mine- especially in combination with the sprint booster- the biggest difference i notice is the raised rev limit-
GO FOR IT DUDE!!

E46330Man 09-10-2012 05:17 AM

For sure, did you notice any increased off the line power??
Any difference in fuel mileage?
How is the ease of install on the sprint booster,and how do you change settings?
Do you have any other mods?

Thanks for the response man!!!

Mcbridges11 09-11-2012 05:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes- its notable- but it makes a big difference- the pull is far better- ya I've done a bunch- throttle body spacer, CAI, Cat-less headers to highline exhaust, Bavauto power programmer, sprint booster, bilstein/H&R sport springs, m3 competition package seats and steering wheel, ZHP shift knob... Ac upper strut, all merle hd/ poly bushings ... Sitting on M6 rims 19x9 19x9.5 (265)- basically knowing its never going to be an M I went with as much power as I could but made it a handling machine- off/on ramps usually at 55-65 mph :) - if you need more advice hit me up!

E46330Man 09-12-2012 06:47 AM

I heard doing headers will unleash alot of power in these cars, where did you get your headers from.....im very happy to see it will pull alot better with the power programmer.........Im looking at doing an AFE CAI, what kind do you have?? as well as the CAI i wanted to do a magnaflow custom catback setup.... i would hope to gain around 10-12 HP for my effort

E46330Man 09-12-2012 06:54 AM

As far an on/off ramps............i have a 2003 330xi, the AWD makes them a huge blast, i hate when ppl are in front of me.........do you use premium fuel??

ModBargains 09-21-2012 01:46 PM

Sounds like you have some great plans for the car! I would highly recommend the aFe Intake, we have sold many of them and our customers have been very happy with the sound and performance. Add that to an exhaust and programmer like the Conforti Shark Injector and you will have a nice little boost in power and a lot funner car to drive!

Bandit4077 09-23-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains (Post 14751387)
Sounds like you have some great plans for the car! I would highly recommend the aFe Intake, we have sold many of them and our customers have been very happy with the sound and performance. Add that to an exhaust and programmer like the Conforti Shark Injector and you will have a nice little boost in power and a lot funner car to drive!

YES, YES, NOOO!
yes AFE, gold foil too! yes to ebay header, but they can be improved upon with a little finishing, no to AWD. personal preference. yes too shark or Bavauto, yes to sprint boost.

I'm putting 200cell cats after my headers, helps keep things semi-legal, clear up O2 sensor issues, and saves the planet, in my mind.

for the modder who is starting off, these reflashes are fine, you can always go bigger/more expensive, too. but that'll do fine.

lightweight flywheel is good to. NEXT!

Custom carbon roof. 1st ever on an E46 sedan with a sunroof! ...probably.
not recomended. unless you know what you are doing. and if you think you know what you are doing, you already messed something up.

drive safely! (sprint booster makes this a little tough.)

xixixi 09-23-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit4077 (Post 14756155)
YES, YES, NOOO!
yes AFE, gold foil too! yes to ebay header, but they can be improved upon with a little finishing, no to AWD. personal preference. yes too shark or Bavauto, yes to sprint boost.

I'm putting 200cell cats after my headers, helps keep things semi-legal, clear up O2 sensor issues, and saves the planet, in my mind.

for the modder who is starting off, these reflashes are fine, you can always go bigger/more expensive, too. but that'll do fine.

lightweight flywheel is good to. NEXT!

Custom carbon roof. 1st ever on an E46 sedan with a sunroof! ...probably.
not recomended. unless you know what you are doing. and if you think you know what you are doing, you already messed something up.

drive safely! (sprint booster makes this a little tough.)

Best post ever. :thumbsup:

Drewfus2101 09-24-2012 07:50 AM

WTF happened in this thread....

BTW, there are dyno charts on BavAuto's site for this product. For a 3.0L on 91 octane (no mention of other mods) they got 1.9 ft/lbs of torque and 3.4 hp.

I must be the only one not wanting to spend that much time above 6K RPMs with the stock oil pump nut.

Mcbridges11 11-12-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46330Man (Post 14724887)
I heard doing headers will unleash alot of power in these cars, where did you get your headers from.....im very happy to see it will pull alot better with the power programmer.........Im looking at doing an AFE CAI, what kind do you have?? as well as the CAI i wanted to do a magnaflow custom catback setup.... i would hope to gain around 10-12 HP for my effort

Hey man- sorry for the delay- ya headers added a lot of power... And sound- I had to wire in an o2 sim ( see my posts for the link) I went through eBay- used trader nas- I've heard bimmer brakes makes nice ones too- I use an Afe pro dry s filter on a custom intake setup- oil free is definitely the way to go with our finicky maf sensors- conforti shark and power programmer are the same tunes

Mcbridges11 11-12-2012 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 477933