E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Wii U (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=944365)

Shaban 09-13-2012 10:56 AM

Wii U

I'm not a fan of the Wii's, but what's everyone's thoughts on the new Wii U. Set to hit shelves Nov 18th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

MachRc 09-13-2012 11:01 AM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=nintendo

thought about it last year and made a thread, this year Im not feelin' it anymore.

glad they got the two screem controller working on a single system ready though.

MachRc 09-13-2012 11:20 AM

quickk recap of whats happened since then.

Quote:

It's $299, for the basic version that includes the console (which is way more powerful than the Wii and somewhere in the ballpark of the PS3/Xbox360, give or take... probably better, not worse), the GamePad (the signature of the system, a controller with a 6.2-inch screen, two analog thumbsticks, a forward-facing camera, a bunch of face buttons and a gyro sensor), 8GB of on-board memory, AC adapters for the console and controller, a sensor bar (take that, Japan) and—surprise!—an HDMI cable. It's white. It does not come with any Wii Remotes, which will be used in many multiplayer games. Hopefully you have some. They need to be Wii Remote Pluses.

It's also $349.99. That's if you buy the Deluxe Set, which has all of the above, though with 32GB of on-board memory, a console stand, a charging cradle for the GamePad and a membership in something called the Deluxe Digital Promotion (DDP!), which will provide discounts for digital downloads, through 2014. The Deluxe version comes with Wii U flagship game Nintendo Land packed in.

They made a thing for it called TVii that is both a crime against the English language and a new service for letting users watch streaming video from sources like Hulu, Netflix and YouTube on the Wii U GamePad, even if someone else in the house is using the TV that the Wii U is hooked up to. It'll even pull stuff that was DVR'd on your TiVo.

You'll be able to play the next Call of Duty on the system, and, better, this game, Black Ops II will let you play split-screen across your TV and the screen on the GamePad. Here's proof.

Bayonetta 2 will be exclusive for the Wii U. We don't know when it's coming out, but the sequel to the super-sexy action game isn't just a steal from the Xbox/PlayStation playbook but a potential answer to the question: "What will grandmas enjoy on the new Wii?"

Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U are Nintendo's only confirmed launch day games (man, there better be more). Nintendo Land is a virtual theme park of Nintendo-themed attractions includes a cool Metroid riff.

New Super Mario Bros. U looks awesome.
Nintendo has declared that some 50 games will be out in the system's launch window, which opens on November 18 and closes on March 31. Those games include ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 (Formerly Project 100, Assassin's Creed III, Mass Effect 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City Undercover, Wii Fit U and a lot more. Here's the whole list.

There will be a new Wii U game from the people who made Xenoblade and a Warriors Orochi game. Also, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Wii U will offer a sort of gamer's social network called MiiVerse.
GameStop will take your current Wii of your hands for $50.

Here's What We Don't Know (Yet)

Which games are actually coming out on launch day, other than Nintendo Land?

The cost of a second GamePad. No launch games appear to support one, but the system can. Maybe Nintendo held this back from America after revealing that an extra GamePad will cost an extraordinary half of the cost of a basic Wii U bundle in Japan (which, if you do the math, means that the controller kind of actually costs the same as the console sans packed-in controller.)

The cost of Wii Remote Pluses? These will be required for multiplayer in Nintendo Land games and will be the preferred controller option, along with the Wii Nunchuk, for many games. Remote Pluses go for $40 now. The tech is getting old, so maybe Nintendo will cut people a break? Or they'll assume they have them from their Wiis.

The price of games?
http://kotaku.com/5942991/everything...=recirculation

k2spitfire 09-13-2012 11:24 AM

expect re-hashes of zelda, metroid, smash bros etc (not that that's a bad thing)

brew 09-13-2012 11:29 AM

Half the fun of the Wii is that the controllers are indestructible - I'm not sure I want my 5 yr old playing aggressively with a touch screen. Plus I know that I'd step on it the first time I played Wii golf drunk.

coco savage 09-13-2012 11:37 AM

they need a huge library of games, and when there is a cross platform release of a game wiiu version needs to be on par with the others.....

Born Again 09-13-2012 11:54 AM

Meh - id rather see Nintendo start licensing their games to Microsoft.

jmcdolej 09-13-2012 12:03 PM

Will not buy. We have had a wii since months of the original release date. Always worked great. Kids still love it. I have fun playing it w/ the kids or on my own. great system. Play it much more the 360 w/ kinect.

Old Rum 09-13-2012 12:13 PM

I still regret selling my N64 and Goldeneye like ten years ago.

coco savage 09-13-2012 12:34 PM

i still have mine lol

4g63GSX 09-13-2012 02:08 PM

I still regret selling my NES and 50+ games 20 years ago. :eeps:

GlockMan 09-13-2012 02:14 PM

I think it looks amazing.

Is it backwards compatible?

Saw it on Jimmy Fallon and it took his picture and made him a zombie. lol.

Pretty cool IMO.

rsxstock 09-13-2012 02:47 PM

i remember something similar 20 years ago called a game gear

Wes 09-13-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsxstock (Post 14728971)
i remember something similar 20 years ago called a game gear

Game Gear was the sh1t. I used to play Sonic on that thing all the time

bimmer88 11-18-2012 12:09 AM

bump... anyone getting one tomorrow?

peytonracer4 11-18-2012 01:00 AM

i don't really understand the point of playing on the controller while having the tv screen as a back drop. seems like they're trying to incorporate their dual screen deal they used in the nintendo ds or whatever. which i also hated.

zikhkd 11-18-2012 01:11 AM

Still think xbox kinect is better

bimmer88 11-18-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 14909359)
i don't really understand the point of playing on the controller while having the tv screen as a back drop. seems like they're trying to incorporate their dual screen deal they used in the nintendo ds or whatever. which i also hated.

Yeah the idea doesn't sound too appealing to me either...

Lusticles 11-18-2012 03:34 AM

I haven't touched our Wii in at least a year and a half.

I won't buy the WiiU.

jmcdolej 11-18-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcdolej (Post 14728516)
Will not buy. We have had a wii since months of the original release date. Always worked great. Kids still love it. I have fun playing it w/ the kids or on my own. great system. Play it much more the 360 w/ kinect.

Famous last words. My wife is buying one for Christmas.