E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Good idea to get these? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=947627)

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 12:59 PM

Good idea to get these?
 
Well I was derping around on eBay, [Yeah, broke rule #2 about e46Fanatics.] and I found this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/350602681365...84.m1439.l2649 Well 5 bucks for 2 halogen H7's doesn't seem bad- at all. I'm waitng for it to ship in, and I thought I should also ask here. I would like to have super white headlights, and this seems good, has anyone bought these, or a semilar temp headlight? If so, How much did YOU pay, how did you like the color, and would you suggest?
kthanxbai.

MojoJoe 09-29-2012 01:04 PM

I once saw a place selling similar looking bulbs for 99p each (around $3.20 for the pair). I was curious as you seem to be so I picked some up. Immediatly one burned out, so I took it back for a replacement... Anyway they were definately whiter but the amount of light produced was very low...

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 01:58 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my stock 'gens handy :D

vadim 09-29-2012 04:22 PM

Bad idea unless your goal is to waste money.

choxor 09-29-2012 04:29 PM

No.

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 04:55 PM

So what would be a good idea to get, I'm looking for a set of super whites.

Mango 09-29-2012 04:56 PM

I'll step on those bulbs. And i'd pay to do it

Mango 09-29-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahmed2016 (Post 14773443)
So what would be a good idea to get, I'm looking for a set of super whites.

OEM headlights. $1000 a side (if you're lucky and can find the link to the OEM units sold by a french company.

Or you can buy used. Maybe $500 a side?? Then fully rebuild them for an extra $500 or so (new bulbs, lenses, and exterior lenses)

Then possibly some wiring and coding to get them to work--not 100% sure what people have to do to convert. but it can be done

choxor 09-29-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahmed2016 (Post 14773443)
So what would be a good idea to get, I'm looking for a set of super whites.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/search....25676949&psa=0 Search results. Knock yourself out.

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 14773454)
OEM headlights. $1000 a side (if you're lucky and can find the link to the OEM units sold by a french company.

Or you can buy used. Maybe $500 a side?? Then fully rebuild them for an extra $500 or so (new bulbs, lenses, and exterior lenses)

Then possibly some wiring and coding to get them to work--not 100% sure what people have to do to convert. but it can be done


Bought the car for 7400. Not really willing to spend 2 GRAND on headlights. My headlight lenses are practically new, everything is good, I'm just looking to get a bit of a cleaner color from the lights.

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choxor (Post 14773460)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/search....25676949&psa=0 Search results. Knock yourself out.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

^This.

Mango 09-29-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahmed2016 (Post 14773474)
Bought the car for 7400. Not really willing to spend 2 GRAND on headlights. My headlight lenses are practically new, everything is good, I'm just looking to get a bit of a cleaner color from the lights.

Quality lighting costs money. Go big or stay stock. By "upgrading," you're actually downgrading. Stay safe

ModBargains II 09-29-2012 06:31 PM

I've ran these on my own E46's (M and non M) without any issues with burnt bulbs. You cant really go wrong for only spending $15
http://www.modbargains.com/prod_img/_1251218276.jpg

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 14773545)
Quality lighting costs money. Go big or stay stock. By "upgrading," you're actually downgrading. Stay safe

Mango, I really respect you, and your ways of modding here, I have similar tastes to you, But I can't see why I would have to change my ENTIRE headlights, for a new set of bulbs. Like Oh time for an oil change. Damnit I need to get a new S54!

aahmed2016 09-29-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains II (Post 14773616)
I've ran these on my own E46's (M and non M) without any issues with burnt bulbs. You cant really go wrong for only spending $15
http://www.modbargains.com/prod_img/_1251218276.jpg

I might get these, They seem well, but wouldn't 7500K be a bluish color?

adaseb 09-29-2012 07:09 PM

Do these bulbs draw more current and produce more heat so they melt your wires and plastic lenses?

ModBargains II 10-01-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaseb (Post 14773672)
Do these bulbs draw more current and produce more heat so they melt your wires and plastic lenses?

These GP thunder bulbs are 55 watts which is the same wattage that comes stock on your non xenon headlamps. They will not cause any harnesses or lenses to melt. These bulbs will give you a nicer white color as opposed to the ugly yellow bulb in there now.

trj 10-01-2012 12:04 PM

OP, werent you doing a xenon conversion? I think I was replying to your other thread for the xenon swap.
Why would you put these bulbs on your car when you are going to do a xenon swap? high beams?

My zippo would light the road better than those. Dont buy them.

Get sylvania silverstars ultra from autozone. They are cheap and last a good length of time than the ebay craplights.
I'm not saying to stop looking at ebay(I got my interior LED conversion done under $20 from ebay), but somethings are just not worth it.

Mango 10-01-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahmed2016 (Post 14773632)
Mango, I really respect you, and your ways of modding here, I have similar tastes to you, But I can't see why I would have to change my ENTIRE headlights, for a new set of bulbs. Like Oh time for an oil change. Damnit I need to get a new S54!

No no. My point is don't buy blue-tined r1cer bulbs. If your stock halogen bulbs burnt out, buy brand new stock halogen bulbs.

The only respectable alternative is spending thousands on a stock lighting system. Or you can even go custom replica (super high quality) projectors w/ a quality aftermarket HID kit. That will cost you only $600-800 and hours of custom fabricating, etc. Not that hard!

ac_2007 10-01-2012 12:28 PM

Can't click on the links at work, but if you need an H7 bulb there is no better option than a set of Osram Rallye 65w bulbs.

It is an H9 bulb on an H7 body, 10w higher wattage over stock. Grabbed a set for around $15 on eBay - Amazing brightness.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use