E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do you think of my progress? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948184)

Trashcan 10-02-2012 12:33 PM

What do you think of my progress?

02 330ci with a zhp engine from an 04 with 60k on it (not a fun project)

Painted reflectors and side blinkers to match body

Cf gauge cluster with silver rings

Cf 330ci badges on fenders (don't know if i like them)

Cf 330ci badge on silver trim

re upholstered pillars, sunroof control panel, center domeand brake light cover in black suede

Dyed sunroof trim and visors black (visors insides are still Getty to match headliner when flipped down)

All velvet trunk floor with hidden storage

2 3000 watt carbon fiber cone Kenwood kfc-xw12r subwoofers powered by a Kenwood x1200m amp.

New shift knob

Refreshed cooking system and suspension

Muffler delete

18 inch Verde wheels (came with car)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Trashcan 10-02-2012 12:39 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Also cf roundels all around and 35% tint and new clutch

Bane 2000 10-02-2012 12:53 PM

Good start... Good job on the heart transplant and painting the bumper reflectors.

I suggest removing the badge from the inside trim, makes me think Civic SI :( Wheels and the painted side markers don't compliment the car IMO. I suggest going with smoke Corners, Side Markers, and LED tail lights. Also paint the gray headlight trim black, along with the kidney grilles for a cleaner look. Look into the "Chris Brown E46 Mod" wile you are at it ;)

M tech II front bumper next?

Trashcan 10-02-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane 2000 (Post 14780732)
Good start... Good job on the heart transplant and painting the bumper reflectors.

I suggest removing the badge from the inside trim, makes me think Civic SI :( Wheels and the painted side markers don't compliment the car IMO. I suggest going with smoke Corners, Side Markers, and LED tail lights. Also paint the gray headlight trim black, along with the kidney grilles for a cleaner look. Look into the "Chris Brown E46 Mod" wile you are at it ;)

M tech II front bumper next?

I will keep the side markers painted but i agree with you on the wheels. This Christmas she'll get a brand new set of gun metal vmr v710's. :excited:

I've also been working on getting around to the headlight trim, thanks for reminding me lol. Smoked corners might be another Christmas present to now.

also m tech 2 kit all around is a dream of mine and will be coming some day, maybe next summer.

Thanks for the constructive criticism in a polite manner!

Studdly_Studright 10-02-2012 05:46 PM

looks great just not a fan of the interior badges

Trashcan 10-02-2012 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

JaYaRe 10-02-2012 08:07 PM

i say mtech 2 front, but other than that good job on the engine swap

Wh33lhop 10-03-2012 02:13 AM

I like your priorities with the motor swap, but lose all the badges that aren't on the back of the car (maybe lose that one too depending on your taste). Clean is a better look than tacky. The wheels also need to go, but they'll do for now.

Trashcan 10-03-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wh33lhop (Post 14783152)
I like your priorities with the motor swap, but lose all the badges that aren't on the back of the car (maybe lose that one too depending on your taste). Clean is a better look than tacky. The wheels also need to go, but they'll do for now.

Thanks. For sure, I'm going to remove the fender ones soon. Since i originally purchased them I've been kind of regretting the idea, but had to try to stick with it a bit since i spent the money on it. Current plan is now smoked corners and gun metal v710's for Christmas, then mtech this summer! :excited:

I've also hated the wheels since i bought the car about 18 months ago, but I'm pretty sure they played a large part in the great deal i got on it.

SINEREOTYPE 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

:eeps::eeps::eeps:

uploadfromtaptalk1349199553634

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JaYaRe 10-03-2012 04:51 PM

^^^^^ id tap