E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Chinese Restaurant Closed After Dead Deer Found Inside Kitchen; Customers Repulsed (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948219)

phrozen06 10-02-2012 03:24 PM

Chinese Restaurant Closed After Dead Deer Found Inside Kitchen; Customers Repulsed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1929241.html

Quote:

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has been closed down by officials after roadkill was found inside its kitchen, reports say.

Last week, customers dining at Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., reportedly spotted a dead deer stuffed inside a trash can that was dragged into the establishment's kitchen.

"It was really disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can,” one customer told WTVR.com. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and leg sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

Environmental health inspector Paul Lawson was soon called in to verify this gruesome claim.

According to WTVR.com, Lawson said that when he entered the restaurant's kitchen, he stumbled upon "the craziest thing he's ever seen."

"Upon arrival, I confirmed they did have a deer carcass in the facility,” he said.

Lawson told Lex18.com that the animal "had already been gutted" by the time he arrived, which raised "many health and illness" concerns.

Officials say the restaurant owner's son admitted to bringing the deer -- which had allegedly been roadkill found along Interstate 75 -- "into the kitchen of the restaurant in order to clean and dress it," Lex18.com reports.

The restaurant was immediately shut down and the owner's son was cited for having a "white-tailed deer without a tag."

“They said they didn’t know that they weren’t allowed to,” Lawson said, adding that he was concerned this may not have been the first time that the restaurant has brought roadkill onto its premises.

According to WTVR.com, the owners of the restaurant told Lawson that they had intended "to take the deer home and hadn't planned to serve it to a customer."

But this was little consolation to some patrons.

"I don't think I'll ever eat Chinese food ever again," said one customer who says she was dining at the restaurant when the deer carcass was hauled in.

Lawson said the restaurant will be allowed to reopen after an inspection proves that it has been completely cleaned and sanitized, WYMT reports.

Though some customers of this Kentucky restaurant were thoroughly repulsed by the thought of a roadkill feast, dead animals peeled off the tarmac is the food of choice for some daring diners. According to an earlier report by The Huffington Post, a U.K. man named Jonathan McGowan has been living off roadkill for more than three decades.

In the United States, it is legal in some states to harvest roadkill for personal use -- whether that be for the dead animals' pelt or for food.

WDE46 10-02-2012 03:27 PM

You know in a lot of states, its legal to pick up road kill and take it home for consumption. Getting hit by a car doesn't give the meat AIDS or something.

dmax 10-02-2012 03:30 PM

That poor dead deer is going to need an entire overhaul. Replace everything.

People eat venison all the time...and I think it'd be a fine substitute for either pork or beef.

Anyway, I'm glad I usually order shrimp!

GRIFFIN 10-02-2012 03:32 PM

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78748808_n.jpg

rcsummers 10-02-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14781277)

hahahah :spit:

RidinBimmerz 10-02-2012 04:58 PM

that's whack

M3Inline6 10-02-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14781277)

Ohhh boy! LOL!

Xcelratr 10-02-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 14781266)

People eat venison all the time...and I think it'd be a fine substitute for either pork or beef.

Sometimes people are just offended by being forced to face the fact that some of their food was a living animal at some recent moment. Such offense is dumb and hypocritical.

However it seems to me there is a potential sanitation issue with what they're describing here. Bringing a complete roadkilled wild animal carcass, with all it's fleas, ticks, parasites, dirt, gi tract contents and so on into a food prep area is asking for trouble. In addition, the history and health of the animal aren't known. How long was it dead and at what temperature? Was it healthy or sick when it died? Did someone poison it? Was the carcass exposed to oil, tar or other chemicals on the road that wont be eliminated by cooking?

This isnt to say the formal, regulated food supply chain is fantastic, but it may be a step above roadkill.

ghorn 10-02-2012 05:20 PM

I'm guessing that deer wasn't on the menu :rofl:

Lexie330ci 10-02-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDE46 (Post 14781253)
You know in a lot of states, its legal to pick up road kill and take it home for consumption. Getting hit by a car doesn't give the meat AIDS or something.

thats not an issue. The issue is how old the road kill is lol

TSR6 10-02-2012 07:58 PM

Venison is great meat. It's high in protein, low in fat.

However, I wouldn't be happy eating it not knowing where it came from...

I hope to put some venison in my freezer this fall/winter.....

NJ///M 10-02-2012 08:04 PM

Sum ting wong?

joeski3d 10-02-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 14781266)

Venison has a unique flavor. It would make Chinese food taste weird. I cant imagine my Lo Mein without the usual stray cat brand meat product.

TSR6 10-02-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeski3d (Post 14782144)
Venison has a unique flavor.

this.

Ynot 10-02-2012 11:14 PM

sesame deer, sounds good to me. What's the problem? lol

TSR6 10-03-2012 06:16 AM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...47050220_n.jpg

Hrvat 10-03-2012 07:01 AM

Nothing new. They found a dead bear in Chinese restaurant in Canada. LOVE the sign on the door hahahaha

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...estaurant.html

End result: $400 fine lol

XKxRome0ox 10-03-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorn (Post 14781668)
I'm guessing that deer wasn't on the menu :rofl:

Special of the day ...

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]

pancakes 10-03-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSR6 (Post 14783306)

:rofl: :rofl:

emmm_three 10-06-2012 04:20 AM

I call bull$hit because Chinese restaurants are known to be the cleanest in the world....everyone knows that!