E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   MY Imola red ZHP Build Thread! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948345)

dinan19 10-03-2012 02:18 AM

Imola red ZHP Build Thread (PICS! 12-31-12)
 
2 Attachment(s)

I have decided to make this a build thread because I am doing various mods to the vehicle including paint correction and plan to continually add more pictures day by day or as often as possible. You might have to skip to the second page to start seeing the pictures. Enjoy ;)

As most of you may know, I'm that crazy dude that was trying to find a zhp for under or at $10,000 and i was finally successul.:lmao: Anyways I'm a very sincere person and I will say that i bought the car for $8700 out the door. No accidents or anything and clean and clear title. It's a 2004 6spd IR 330i zhp and the car came with a AFE stage 1 intake and also just found out that the previous owner had a sprint booster installed as well. Overall the car is in great shape except for the steering wheel which i already ordered from coby, soon to be here. I plan on making a build thread after all of my parts get here in the next week, Including a full paint correction that im doing myself right now with my PC 7424xp. heres the only two pics i have so far. Will update more pictures when the mods get here. :woot:

Attachment 472276
Attachment 472277

HyeWarrior 10-03-2012 02:20 AM

Nice! How many miles? And order new headlight lenses.. Literally a night and day difference for the front!

dinan19 10-03-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyeWarrior (Post 14783161)
Nice! How many miles? And order new headlight lenses.. Literally a night and day difference for the front!

It has 117,000 and yeah I just ordered New lenses, clear corners, a coby wheel wrap, coby armrest wrap, license plate delete, angel eyes, sidemarkers, floormats, UUC RK6 shift knob, RCR tail lights, Bav Auto euro tray, and some clear bulbs as well.

Wh33lhop 10-03-2012 02:32 AM

Great price. Salvage?

Great car but keep your priorities in line. Don't get too caught up in modding before you do basic maintenance; get a new cooling system in there, change the fluids, etc.

dinan19 10-03-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wh33lhop (Post 14783172)
Great price. Salvage?

Great car but keep your priorities in line. Don't get too caught up in modding before you do basic maintenance; get a new cooling system in there, change the fluids, etc.

Nope clean title and i have a year before i can drive again so i have plenty of time to do all the maintenance. Thanks for the tip though.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App

Wh33lhop 10-03-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinan19 (Post 14783174)
Nope clean title and i have a year before i can drive again so i have plenty of time to do all the maintenance. Thanks for the tip though.

Not sure where to start here so I won't start at all. Just don't forget to maintain it before you try and be cool.

dinan19 10-03-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wh33lhop (Post 14783190)
Not sure where to start here so I won't start at all. Just don't forget to maintain it before you try and be cool.

You should probably start because i would like to hear. :rofl: I already said i have a year to do the maintenance and there is nothing wrong with the car mechanically at all right now. So what is the harm in buying mods that i like when the car is running correctly?:tsk:

pawelgawel 10-03-2012 04:12 AM

so you purchased a car you can't use for another year???

You should pick up a book about investments... that car will loose 2K in value by next year... $9k in cash and you put it into a depreciating item... a big NO NO

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

dinan19 10-03-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawelgawel (Post 14783257)
so you purchased a car you can't use for another year???

You should pick up a book about investments... that car will loose 2K in value by next year... $9k in cash and you put it into a depreciating item... a big NO NO

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

Oh boy nothing but positive vibes from you guys hah. Yes i did buy that book but i dont understand it yet. Cmon man i love bimmers and they are my passion. I could give a rats **ss about the depreciating right now im just excited and enjoying it. Also yes i bought it and i cant drive because im on probation so hell why not. Oh and by the way im not like these other people on here that just let people bash on em ill tell you whats up.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App

pawelgawel 10-03-2012 09:57 AM

not trying to bash you.. congrats on a nice car.
Just speaking from experience, a lot of things can happen over the course of one year.

You could have saved up a little more and got a better one next year with less miles and less item to replace.

Enjoy your car... learn to DIY.;)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

simsima325 10-03-2012 10:05 AM

Lets skip all of the bad decision stuff, and get to the story behind the inability to drive.

Gottalovethexi 10-03-2012 10:34 AM

Why do you have a year till you can drive again?

:popcorn:

dinan19 10-03-2012 11:08 AM

Haha ok well the story is i was drifting at night in an empy fairgrounds parking lot on my z4 and there was a cop staked out behind a building so i got reckless driving. My license wad suspended for awile and then i got it back. Im on probation until the end of the year and my lawyer advised me not to drive just until the end of the year to be safe. So thats the good old story and thats why i have plenty of time to work on the car. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App

dinan19 10-03-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawelgawel (Post 14783664)
not trying to bash you.. congrats on a nice car.
Just speaking from experience, a lot of things can happen over the course of one year.

You could have saved up a little more and got a better one next year with less miles and less item to replace.

Enjoy your car... learn to DIY.;)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

yeah np man i got nothin but time so im gonna do it all myself and im doing the paint correction right now as well.

dinan19 10-03-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gottalovethexi (Post 14783776)
Why do you have a year till you can drive again?

:popcorn:

The popcorn made me lol.

ZHPinthe103 10-07-2012 08:38 PM

Reckless driving revokes a license? Anything else you got? DUI?

nike001 10-07-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 (Post 14795731)
Reckless driving revokes a license? Anything else you got? DUI?

Bingo. That's what I'm thinking as well.

dinan19 10-07-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nike001 (Post 14795890)
Bingo. That's what I'm thinking as well.

Yup i have numerous racing and more reckless driving citations from the past. But its the past and ive learned my lesson thats why i sold my z4 and decided to get a 4 door.

cak323i 10-07-2012 10:35 PM

Nice ZHP! Imola FTW :thumbsup:

PH03NIX46 10-07-2012 11:26 PM

By next year, your car will not depreciate $2000...

The fact that it's a ZHP that you found for under $9000 is impressive enough. Assuming it's well maintained, you can easily sell it again to the right person looking for that car.

Before you drive it, I'd consider restoring that thing to the best shape possible. I.e, repairing/replacing mechanical parts, as well as cosmetics such as a good buffing + paint correction etc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use