E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   New from MN!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948413)

Silversixspeed 10-03-2012 01:15 PM

New from MN!!

Hey guys, I've been lurking on the forum for a couple weeks now, thought I'd pop in and say hi!

My name's Chad, I recently bought an '03 330xi, fully loaded and tastefully modded. It has the Sport Package, Winter Package, is a 6 speed, and is black in color. I'll try to upload some pics when I get a chance (still need to do a photoshoot of it).

Mod list as of now:

Koni Adjustables all around
Lowering springs (unknown brand)
Moda 18" wheels
UUC exhaust
UUC Shifter knob
CAI
Tint

I look forward to learning more about these cars, as I've slowly made my transition from American cars (been in the F-body and Mustang world for a good while) to BMW and the like.

Cheers!

jhaurimn 10-03-2012 01:21 PM

Welcome ! Where in Minnesota are you ? And I wanna see the pics !!!

Silversixspeed 10-03-2012 01:32 PM

I'm in Eden Praire, and I'll be sure to get some pics up asap!

jhaurimn 10-03-2012 01:49 PM

Nice , I'm in Richfield/Edina so I'm pretty close. Let me know if you ever need help with anything!

Silversixspeed 10-03-2012 01:59 PM

Oh right on, I work in Bloomington! I'll be sure to give you a heads up!

Silversixspeed 10-04-2012 02:42 PM

Newb question...

How can I tell if my car is a ZHP? I've searched but haven't come up with many definitive answers.

jhaurimn 10-04-2012 02:57 PM

If you have an xi you don't have the zhp package.

Zhps have a different front and rear bumper, the dials(idk the word) in the cluster are red and not white, and zhp steering wheel are cosmetic differences.

jhaurimn 10-04-2012 03:05 PM

Copied from Wikipedia
The performance package was an inclusive option given to E46 sedans from 2003 to 2005, coupes and convertibles from 2004 to 2006.[20] It included various aesthetic changes over the regular 3 series, as well as functional and mechanical enhancements. It had M badges on each of its Style 135 wheels, with additional M badging on the multi-function steering wheel and atop the 6-speed short throw weighted shifter. In addition to the standard color options, the ZHP was available in the "Motorsport-only" color Imola Red. It received the "M-Tech II" bodykit standard, 18-inch staggered Style 135 wheels, high gloss anthracite window trim, and the coupe received clear turn signals (headlights, side-markers, and tail-lights) instead of the amber turn signals found on the standard 330Ci.[20] The interior had also been modified with half cloth-half alcantara sports seats (optional upgrade to leather), an alcantara-wrapped sports steering wheel (switched to perforated leather in mid-2005), a shorter M-badged shift knob, anthracite colored cloth headliner, and aluminum "cubed" faux-carbon fiber interior trim (available in silver or black). The instrument gauge cluster was also modified with red needles and polished metal trim rings.[21]

Silversixspeed 10-04-2012 03:45 PM

Right on, that answers that. Thanks for the info!