E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   ///M3 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   What's faster stock 135i or stock e46 m3 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948583)

MRFLAKE 10-04-2012 01:24 AM

What's faster stock 135i or stock e46 m3
 
Hey so I've been doing some research trying to find out what would be faster on the free a stock e46 m3 6 speed or a stock 135i 6 speed as well? Also this past weekend I raced another stock e46 m3 which was smg with exhaust and the driver was a good driver I pulled on him by a car and I am stock as well. Thanks

TerraPhantm 10-04-2012 01:34 AM

Stock vs stock, an M3 should be faster. 135i is very easy to get power out of though... so anyone who's interested in racing probably would chip it.

MRFLAKE 10-04-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraPhantm (Post 14786474)
Stock vs stock, an M3 should be faster. 135i is very easy to get power out of though... so anyone who's interested in racing probably would chip it.

He is all stock other then an intake I believe he wants race Tomorrow.

DSilk56 10-04-2012 06:49 AM

Go for a longer race than a simple quarter mile drag. The turbocharged engine in the 135i makes substantially more torque at low revs (and at peak) than the M3, meaning that it will launch harder initially, so you need enough space and speed to let the M3 really stretch its legs. The naught to 60 and quarter mile times for the 2 cars are quite close.

MRFLAKE 10-04-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSilk56 (Post 14786675)
Go for a longer race than a simple quarter mile drag. The turbocharged engine in the 135i makes substantially more torque at low revs (and at peak) than the M3, meaning that it will launch harder initially, so you need enough space and speed to let the M3 really stretch its legs. The naught to 60 and quarter mile times for the 2 cars are quite close.

We're probably going to do it on the freeway tonight. Thanks for the help guys

OfficinePanerai 10-04-2012 02:08 PM

looks like you'll do just fine from a roll...
first part of the vid is from naught and M3, although close, doesnt have time to catch up
in the second part of the vid from the roll M3 easily takes 135i, although by the end it looked as though 135 might be able to pull it off if the runway was any longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fTfMS7RyAY

and some interesting highway pulls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17gyu7xQzQ

illestminimike 10-04-2012 02:22 PM

Seriously? Another street racing thread? Lock this sh1t.

MRFLAKE 10-04-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficinePanerai (Post 14787933)
looks like you'll do just fine from a roll...
first part of the vid is from naught and M3, although close, doesnt have time to catch up
in the second part of the vid from the roll M3 easily takes 135i, although by the end it looked as though 135 might be able to pull it off if the runway was any longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fTfMS7RyAY

and some interesting highway pulls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17gyu7xQzQ

Nice man thanks for the videos.

Steezy 10-04-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illestminimike (Post 14787990)
Seriously? Another street racing thread? Lock this sh1t.

Don't like it? Don't look at it. I don't understand why you care so much if you're not interested.

Gheybe 10-04-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steezy (Post 14788506)
Don't like it? Don't look at it. I don't understand why you care so much if you're not interested.

Forum policy.
Settle down.

simsima325 10-04-2012 04:56 PM

Thx for playing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use