E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   help dont want to go to bmw (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948644)

ajay1982 10-04-2012 01:31 PM

help dont want to go to bmw

hi all im new on here
i have a bmw e46 325i msport i have my abs handbreak and asc lights on when put on computer code come as rear left sensor so i got a new one and fitted it had codes cleared as soon as i started to drive light come back on plug the computer back in same codes i also have no speedo or mpg on clocks

thanks for your time guys

choxor 10-04-2012 01:33 PM

I assume you mean speed sensor.

ajay1982 10-04-2012 01:34 PM

yeah abs/speed sensor

dmax 10-04-2012 02:23 PM

also you have 'no speedo or mpg on clocks'? I assume you mean 'or' clocks...and by that little phrase, I wonder if your cluster is just unplugged or not plugged in well...had you been doing some of the cool sharpie mods?

Also, doublecheck your tire pressure...connections to speed sensor...wires coming forward.

And as will all electric issues, start by checking the battery condition also. (Small chance of this being your issue...could also be ignition switch too, I think)...but it sounds like just a loose cluster is why you don't have some lights/function in cluster.

You don't have a little flashing dot in the cluster by any chance, do you? The tamper dot?

ajay1982 10-04-2012 02:33 PM

hi dmax no other lights flashing when the abs light first come on the front break wear sensor was hanging out so i got a new one when the lights didnt go out thats when i put it on a computer and codes said rear left sensor the battery light was flashing on and off for about a week that was about a month ago and i get 1 rear bulb triping out

dmax 10-04-2012 02:40 PM

I think your battery has outlived its usefulness...or you don't drive the car far enough.

Your rear bulb could be bulb, socket, needing of dealer free retrofit, or you have a wire out in the elephant trunk.

Look under your battery clamp for the date on the battery...if 4-5 years old, consider a new 49DL from Autozone. Maybe just start by charging it or driving it further. You need about 20 mins. on highway to build up the battery. If you do a lot of short trips, you might not recover the power you lost by starting it, which is the largest draw of current.

You need not only voltage, but amperage. If you're starting okay, it sounds like you have the amperage, though ironically, I wonder if maybe you don't have the voltage? I don't understand batteries too much...so apologies if that's wrong!

Use cluster test to check voltage when car is off and on...use cluster test to test the cluster too (yes, I meant that if it sounded weird!).

HTH

ajay1982 10-04-2012 02:46 PM

i will have a look tomorrow when its light and will get back to you

RayPooley 10-04-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay1982 (Post 14787572)
hi all im new on here
i have a bmw e46 325i msport i have my abs handbreak and asc lights on when put on computer code come as rear left sensor so i got a new one and fitted it had codes cleared as soon as i started to drive light come back on plug the computer back in same codes i also have no speedo or mpg on clocks

thanks for your time guys

Do you have the codes? That might help.

ajay1982 10-05-2012 03:32 AM

Codes 32 and 34

ajay1982 10-06-2012 11:03 AM

its all fixed it was the rear left abs ring
thanks for all your help guys