E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Revolution TV Show (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948690)

FTLAUDM3 10-04-2012 04:42 PM

Revolution TV Show

So anyone watching? The last episode was actually good. The first two shows were just so so. Show has a great premise. I hope they can make it work. Reminds me of Lost (flashbacks) when it was good.

What do you think about the show?

SamDoe1 10-04-2012 04:46 PM

I've been watching it and kinda like it. It for sure has potential but it also needs to get the show going before people lose interest.

This is also a show that I hope only lasts for 2-3 seasons before it ends. There's only so much it can drag out for.

GRIFFIN 10-04-2012 04:48 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...DBBeUX2dg2.gif

MrAdventure 10-04-2012 05:13 PM

I'm watching, but...

http://www.dorktower.com/files/2012/...kTower1108.gif

TallSkinnyMatt 10-04-2012 05:56 PM

I enjoy it! Like you said... its a great premise so I'm interested to see where they take it!

FadeToblack 10-04-2012 06:11 PM

about to watch the first ep. I have no idea what the show even is...

JonJon 10-04-2012 06:29 PM

A real militia would be killing the ones trying to take your guns.

Show is backwards. Conditioning

oie77 10-05-2012 08:37 AM

Good premise and has potential but its just impossible to get past the terrible writing and acting. Show wont last IMO.

Too much Glee and not enough grit. I dont really watch the AMC Falling Skies or Walking Dead but those shows have a much more realistic feel than the NBC shows.

moiz21 10-05-2012 08:57 AM

If they can just head in a good direction with the show's idea, it has the potential do me a really good show. Hope they dont F it up.

SamDoe1 10-05-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oie77 (Post 14790078)
Good premise and has potential but its just impossible to get past the terrible writing and acting. Show wont last IMO.

Already been renewed for a full season. :thumbsup:

I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Flashforward, which was an awesome show.

lakedude90 10-05-2012 09:38 AM

I deff like the show. I was kinda skeptical about the idea before it aired but now I like where its going. Like everyone else has said. If they can keep it going and get the ball moving alittle more im sure it will be a hit. I kinda want to know what happen to the lady that had the computer and who the guy was that came after her.

325inthe510 10-05-2012 11:19 AM

Haven't seen the show apart from the commercials, didn't inspire confidence. Is there any explanation for why the power going out makes all the guns and bicycles disappear? I can't get over the fact that there is sword fighting and horseback riding :rofl:

moiz21 10-05-2012 11:23 AM

There's still guns. Ammunition is what becomes scarce.

SamDoe1 10-05-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325inthe510 (Post 14790447)
Haven't seen the show apart from the commercials, didn't inspire confidence. Is there any explanation for why the power going out makes all the guns and bicycles disappear? I can't get over the fact that there is sword fighting and horseback riding :rofl:

Guns didn't disappear, they were hoarded by the new governments and banned to everyone else. Also, it's rather difficult to make the components of modern ammo without electricity so that's also become hard to come by.

Never thought about the bicycle thing so you make a point there...

TruckDaddy 10-05-2012 11:25 AM

With shows I'm on the fence on, I let two or three seasons pass before I start watching them. If it still receives good reviews after that, I might watch it. I just can't get into network TV anymore. After great shows like Dexter, Homeland, Mad Men, TWD, etc, I can't stand "PG" rated network TV. It seems so cheesy.

Amoeba 10-05-2012 07:30 PM

Acting was terrible. I fell asleep on the first episode.

325inthe510 10-05-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDoe1 (Post 14790462)
Guns didn't disappear, they were hoarded by the new governments and banned to everyone else. Also, it's rather difficult to make the components of modern ammo without electricity so that's also become hard to come by.

Never thought about the bicycle thing so you make a point there...

Uhh, I've got news for you.....There is an untold amount of ammo in circulation, hidden away, etc and people have been shooting guns long before there was electricity.

SamDoe1 10-05-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325inthe510 (Post 14791990)
Uhh, I've got news for you.....There is an untold amount of ammo in circulation, hidden away, etc and people have been shooting guns long before there was electricity.

You're right but the story goes that the militia has been taking and hoarding all the ammo.

People have been shooting guns since the 1600s but those weren't modern rifles and pistols, they were muskets that shot lead balls that were easy to make. They use those in the show.

FTLAUDM3 10-10-2012 09:09 AM

Well the last episode was good as well. Looks like it's starting to pick up. I came to realize that this show is an oxymoron. You want it to be good, but if it's good then there will be no end. I like shows that end after each episode better. That way it's not a long drawn out what can I think of next to mess with the viewers. Been watching another show that fits within the end after each episode. It's called Elementary. It's a Sherlock Holmes figure out who is the killer. Very good writing so far. If you have time I would definitely recommend you check out an episode.

I miss one of my all time favorites and need something new now since it's over - House. Anyone watching a good show they like? Newsroom on HBO is great...but still looking of weekday shows....Leave a list of what your watching that you like.

1. Revolution - good premise; cheesy
2. Elementary - very witty and good acting/writing so far
3. Last Resort - checked out 1/2 an episode - good acting
4. Walking Dead - Starts on Sunday
5. Breaking Bad - never watched it; checked out an episode; reminds me of the The Shield - constant drama when are they going to get busted
6. Dexter - great series

moiz21 10-10-2012 09:13 AM

Check out a british show based on Sherlock Holmes. It's called Sherlock. Also another one based on Jekyll/Hyde, it's called Jekyll. With Sherlock, it's only 3 episodes a season, but each episode is 90 min long. There are 2 seasons so far, with a 3rd on the way. I watch a ton of shows, so I can give huge lists lol. But I like a lot of stuff.