E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Front Corner Light Fell Out?! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948737)

Bostonbeast 10-04-2012 09:32 PM

Front Corner Light Fell Out?!

Today I noticed my front right corner turn signal light was missing, so I'm assuming it fell out while I was driving. :hmm: Has this happened to anyone before and more importantly, how exactly did this happen? I have DEPO smoked corners, so is it a design flaw or does it happen infrequently with OEM corners as well? I'm just really confused more than anything right now...

Btw if anyone has smoked corners for sale let me know. Thanks :thumbup:

MercForHire 10-04-2012 09:41 PM

happens with all corners. the plastic clip broke
only solution is to replace headlights with these

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net...-4d-led-sm.jpg

cityjohn 10-04-2012 09:51 PM

Depo clips don't line up well. My right side Depo light is held in by friction but the clip never engages. Would be nice if Hella made smoke clears....

Oh well, Bruce Hornsby I guess. That's just the way it is.

ikeupinya 10-05-2012 12:55 AM

Another victim here as well...right smoked corner fell off during a 4 hour trip to Indy due to a broken clip but that was on me trying to force it back in prior to my trip. Those DEPO clips are poorly made IMO :(

LV DON 10-05-2012 01:04 AM

I have a right because my drive side keep coming out I have smoke n smoke led if anybody want them

Levim9 10-05-2012 01:23 AM

I lost one smoked depo on the highway a while back and just had the clips break on one while installing it after a bulb change. :(

PH03NIX46 10-05-2012 01:32 AM

Ha, non-OEM isn't worth it my friend.

I bought smoked DEPO corners for my old e46...after putting them in, I had a date with a girl later that night. Driving her home, the driver's side corner light popped out on the highway.

Or how about that time that I was going to the dragstrip in Canada with 5-6 other cars..and they all had to wait for me because my corner light popped out?

Never again will I buy DEPO anything.

MJLavelle 10-05-2012 03:25 AM

I saw one in the road yesterday. A lot of people think that if they break one of the 2 alignment tabs off, they are still OK, because the clip will engage. But, that clip is spring loaded, and without the alignment posts, it will just squirt out the side.
Not saying this is what you did, but you have to make sure everything slides in its right slot, no matter how aggravated you are at the time.
Not saying you did that either. Sometimes the little fvckers just fall out! :)

Lusticles 10-05-2012 03:49 AM

My friend had to replace the stock amber corner multiple times. It was always the same side though.

Cyanide72 10-06-2012 12:40 PM

Both of my OEM side markers have fallen out at various times. The drivers side one fell out somewhere on the highway and I never found it. The passenger side one thankfully didn't fly off but the plastic clip broke and it was just hanging there looking stupid. I replaced both of them with brand new ones, definitely makes the car look a whole lot younger.

Bostonbeast 10-06-2012 02:54 PM

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I haven't touched my corner light anytime recently so for it to fall out so randomly was a bit weird but I guess the clip was never fully engaged. I may go OEM this time around. We'll see.

MJLavelle 10-07-2012 01:22 AM

I always laugh at those guys who get indignant and say, "I am keeping my OEM corners, so I don't have to deal with leaks and my lights falling out" because the only corners I ever had that fogged up were OEM's, and the only one that had a broken tab, and was on the verge of coming out was also an OEM. That is when I got a set of non-OEM clears, which have not done either thing.

Russian172 10-07-2012 01:24 AM

330 burns oil so your argument is invalid MJL.... what ever the fawk

MJLavelle 10-07-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russian172 (Post 14794239)
e46's burn oil so your argument is invalid mjl.... What ever the fawk

ftfy

bimmerguy254 10-07-2012 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happened to me, my driver side corner light just fell off while driving. I ended up buying clear ones.