E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Mid Atlantic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Fairfax StationZHP Meet (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948762)

BCS E46 10-04-2012 11:09 PM

Fairfax StationZHP Meet

Shout out to the locals near Fairfax Station, I'm hosting a group of about 15 ZHP and E46 owners this weekend. Friday night is the arrival, meet, drink, eat, & be merry. Saturday we're going for a group ride, departing my house at 10 am, will be gone about 4 hours thru some fun back roads. Then some cleaning & just hanging out. Sunday is maintenance day, one guy is going to do his Vanos if you want to watch and learn how, possibly a suspension refresh, and some other minor things.

Open to any BMW lovers, we're not pretentious just a group of BMW enthusiasts. One prerequisite is a positive attitude, BYOB is another, I've got water & sodas but don't know what adult beverages everyone wants. If you'd like to join us, just PM me and I can send you my address. One note of caution/warning, I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, please keep the speed down when in the neighborhood.
Thanks,
Bruce

Lividevil 10-05-2012 12:46 PM

This is interesting since I also live in fairfax station, and learning how to do my vanos/possible suspension would be pretty sweet.

Racinghart 10-06-2012 12:29 AM

Sweet, another Bruce with a ZHP. I'm in Fairfax by Fairfax Corner. There are some nice back roads in the Clifton area.

alwaysbored786 10-06-2012 09:01 PM

i dont have a zhp, but im close, near fair lakes area

BCS E46 10-07-2012 08:40 PM

Sorry guys, got so tied up with the group at my house that I didn't have time to check back here. We had 6 ZHPs show up - 4 sedans, a coupe, & a conv - and 4 other E46s - 2 sedans & 2 coupes, plus some of my son's friends with thing other than BMWs. Everyone stayed here at the house so we had a pretty extended happy hours both nights. Saturday went for an 80 mile fun drive, we did drive Henderson, Clifton, & Compton Rds thru the Ffx Stn & Clifton area plus more back roads out to Aden & down to Quantico. Also made a stop at Advantage Certified in Manassas to stretch our legs and take a group photo of the cars. Started replacing my suspension on Saturday afternoon, finished up this morning, another guy did his Vanos today, someone else removed & replaced their front bumper, plus some other minor things. A detailer was here Friday & Saturday and he did some paint corrections for folks. All in all a great weekend, we have another ZHP get together planned for the late Spring in Williamsburg. MD don't get hung up on the "ZHP" part of it, at our last annual meet in May the 2 cars that drew the most notice were an E39 M5 and a modified 135 conv.

I lurk around here a couple times a week, normally available to lend a hand or some advice as needed and through my 8 E46s I've learned a little bit about them but am always still trying to learn more.

JohnBlaze 10-08-2012 02:19 PM

next time give a bit more advance notice and you'll likely get a few of us to show up.

BMW_Knight 10-09-2012 09:00 AM

Man, I wish I would have known about this.

BCS E46 10-12-2012 08:02 PM

I just got too wrapped up at work last week to get the word out, just Mon-Thurs I worked almost 60 hours to get everything to a point so I could take off last Friday without something blowing up at work. Next time, I'll get the word out earlier.

There is one planned for Williamsburg in May, its only about a 2 hour drive from here, DW77 is hosting that one.