E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   HELP: Lost a money order (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948943)

DropTopKingM3 10-05-2012 10:05 PM

HELP: Lost a money order

I received a money order this afternoon and somehow I lost it :ben: It was a rent payment in the amount of $957. How can I go about cancelling it and getting another one? Would I have to ask the tenant? It was a payomatic money order, not a post office one.

All help/advice is appreciated.

VaderDave 10-05-2012 10:18 PM

I would think you'd have to ask the tenant. He should probably have the stub to show he paid you.

Maybe call him and tell him that you'll pick up the cost for cancellation/issuing a new money order and ask him to help you out.

Hamsocne 10-05-2012 11:09 PM

Agreed. The above advice seems like a good solution.

KeeganB 10-05-2012 11:10 PM

I thought that once issued a money order could not be cancelled and was treated like cash essentially.?.?.

braymond141 10-05-2012 11:44 PM

Call the money order company... This is all taken care of by them, not E46fanatics. Just have the tenant give you the order number, and you both will have to sign paperwork. Done.

If you have no stub number/receipt enjoy the 90-180 day wait for their non guaranteed investigation.

Word of advice; money order paying tenants are a good sign of someone sketchy. Been there played that BS game. Take personal checks!

DropTopKingM3 10-06-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaderDave (Post 14792277)
I would think you'd have to ask the tenant. He should probably have the stub to show he paid you.

Maybe call him and tell him that you'll pick up the cost for cancellation/issuing a new money order and ask him to help you out.

Im meeting with the tenant tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully he finds the stub by then. Thanks :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by braymond141 (Post 14792421)
Call the money order company... This is all taken care of by them, not E46fanatics. Just have the tenant give you the order number, and you both will have to sign paperwork. Done.

If you have no stub number/receipt enjoy the 90-180 day wait for their non guaranteed investigation.

Word of advice; money order paying tenants are a good sign of someone sketchy. Been there played that BS game. Take personal checks!

I purchased the property and took it over September 1st, 2012. So far he's been a good tenant but pays with money orders. The last owner was the one who issued a lease so the decision was out of my hands. He does pay on time and it was my careless mistake :banghead:

VaderDave 10-06-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braymond141 (Post 14792421)

You're obviously not aware of the E46Fanatics Money Order Processing Service.

DropTopKingM3 10-06-2012 12:05 AM

I was only asking a question about a lost money order sheesh lol .. I never had to deal with money orders as Ive always wrote checks, paid cash, credit card, etc. Maybe I should PM f2b he might know :rofl: