E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is there a write up for replacing the small window on sedans? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=948960)

BAMAXXX 10-06-2012 01:05 AM

Is there a write up for replacing the small window on sedans?
 
Recently got my car broken into, they broke the small window on my sedan. Are there any write ups to replacing these windows?

BAMAXXX 10-06-2012 10:02 AM

bump?

LeMansteve 10-06-2012 10:09 AM

Bumping a topic you started at 1am on a Saturday morning?

SEARCH

LeMansteve 10-06-2012 10:13 AM

Took me less than a minute to SEARCH the forums for "rear window sedan". This is what I found:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...r+window+sedan
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/351445/

I hope these help.

adaseb 10-06-2012 12:38 PM

Was your car armed/locked?

Because even if someone broke that small window, and they tried pulling on the handle, it wouldn't open. And you can't pull the door pin up, only push it down.

TerraPhantm 10-06-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaseb (Post 14793013)
Was your car armed/locked?

Because even if someone broke that small window, and they tried pulling on the handle, it wouldn't open. And you can't pull the door pin up, only push it down.

On US-spec vehicles, if you hit the lock button, the handles can be used to unlock the doors. Meant to be a safety feature in case your lock your kid inside or something like that.

peytonracer4 10-06-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraPhantm (Post 14793275)
On US-spec vehicles, if you hit the lock button, the handles can be used to unlock the doors. Meant to be a safety feature in case your lock your kid inside or something like that.

Yeah but realistically, no one can reach the lock button from that window. Maybe with a tool but even that is a serious stretch.

BAMAXXX 10-07-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaseb (Post 14793013)
Was your car armed/locked?

Because even if someone broke that small window, and they tried pulling on the handle, it wouldn't open. And you can't pull the door pin up, only push it down.

It doesn't unlock from the inside, thankfully, otherwise all my **** would have been stolen.

BAMAXXX 10-07-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMansteve (Post 14792841)
Took me less than a minute to SEARCH the forums for "rear window sedan". This is what I found:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...r+window+sedan
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/351445/

I hope these help.

Doesn't help, the e46 sedan window isn't constructed the same


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use