E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Ban state gun owners thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=950590)

GasKing 10-15-2012 09:16 PM

Ban state gun owners thread
 
Ok guys, I know I cant be the only member that lives in a state that still has an "assault" weapons ban. Im from NY, we have a assault weapon ban, and you need to go through a very invasive and long process to get a pistol permit, in which 99.9% of the people cannot carry. Im one of the lucky ones who could get a business carry permit which took almost a year to get.

Show yourself guys.

david05111 10-15-2012 10:50 PM

I have a second residence in new york. It's a pain in the ass, don't get me wrong. Going to grab a pre-ban receiver to build a non-neutered AR shortly.

B_Cyrus 10-15-2012 10:59 PM

Not a state, but San Francisco(not California). Can't get a concealed carry permit(99.9% declined by Sheriff), and I am not allowed to open carry. How lovely.

Sentaruu 10-16-2012 05:59 AM

NY resident, checking in!

GlockMan 10-16-2012 07:56 AM

I would NEVER live somewhere I could not carry.

Florida Rules.

MpoweredM 10-16-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockMan (Post 14818569)
I would NEVER live somewhere I could not carry.

Florida Rules.

:werd: except Virginia rules.. :)

daedalus34r 10-16-2012 08:57 AM

checkin in from IL, where guns are practically illegal!!

I kid I kid. I couldn't' care less about the FOID card, but zero carry provisions are pissing me off.

GasKing 10-16-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockMan (Post 14818569)
I would NEVER live somewhere I could not carry.

Florida Rules.

I can carry, im one of the very very lucky few

GasKing 10-16-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentaruu (Post 14818468)
NY resident, checking in!


A fellow new yorkastanian

GasKing 10-16-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 14818005)
Not a state, but San Francisco(not California). Can't get a concealed carry permit(99.9% declined by Sheriff), and I am not allowed to open carry. How lovely.

From what I understand Cali gun laws make NY gun laws look like alabama gun laws lol

dan03833 10-16-2012 11:42 AM

Rhode Island leaves it up to the "Disgression of the State Atorney General", he needs proof of imminent threat to life or property and that no other means are available before he'll allow one.

Ghostie 10-16-2012 11:44 AM

^ Pay someone to fake attack you?

I hear hobo hitmen can be had for as little as $600 these days

brew 10-16-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 14818005)
Not a state, but San Francisco(not California). Can't get a concealed carry permit(99.9% declined by Sheriff), and I am not allowed to open carry. How lovely.

For a couple of years there you weren't even allowed to possess a handgun in your own home in SF. That's nuts.

I'm no gun nut, but California's view on 2d Amendment rights is a big factor for why I am ever so grateful to not live there anymore.

NOVAbimmer 10-16-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MpoweredM (Post 14818633)
:werd: except Virginia rules.. :)

:werd:

NOVAbimmer 10-16-2012 03:46 PM

at least there's no gun violence in New York due to their stringent laws

Adam@Euro-Spec 10-16-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 14819853)
at least there's no gun violence in New York due to their stringent laws

Kind of like nobody carries a gun in baltimore since they don't issue permits.

david05111 10-16-2012 04:58 PM

The worst thing is my family has owned a home in new York for over 30 years. In that time, we've paid hundreds of thousands in taxes.

And yet, we can't vote in local or state elections and they won't issue you a carry permit unless you declare NY your permanent residence/domicile. Is outrageous...I intend to apply for a permit shortly (which will be denied) and once I'm out of law school, i will bring a lawsuit against the State of NY for both causes.

GasKing 10-16-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 14820063)
The worst thing is my family has owned a home in new York for over 30 years. In that time, we've paid hundreds of thousands in taxes.

And yet, we can't vote in local or state elections and they won't issue you a carry permit unless you declare NY your permanent residence/domicile. Is outrageous...I intend to apply for a permit shortly (which will be denied) and once I'm out of law school, i will bring a lawsuit against the State of NY for both causes.

My man, keep it up. Theres a case in Westchester thats pending, outcome dosnt look good though.

GasKing 10-16-2012 10:24 PM

Well it looks like if Obama takes office, a lot more members will be posting in this thread.

jrrwired 10-16-2012 10:25 PM

This **** has nothing to do with my bimmer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use