E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Alignment problem. Help!! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=951165)

ajai 10-18-2012 01:26 PM

Alignment problem. Help!!

I just installed bc coilover around 2 weeks. First seems good. Now it seems a little less stiff as before.
plus. The car just doesn't feel right at high speed. a little flowing feeling.
and the front when I turn. It feels like it keep pulling back to opposite direction.
The below are my current settings

Front camber
Left -1.57 right -1.52
Front toe
Left 0.07 right 0.07
Total toe 0.14

Rear camber
Left -2.06 right -1.55
Rear toe
Left 0.09 right 0.07
Total toe 0.15
Trust angle 0.01

peytonracer4 10-18-2012 10:38 PM

pulling back in the opposite direction? like wanting the straighten out?
your camber is pretty aggressive. are you lowered pretty low?

ajai 10-19-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 14827637)
pulling back in the opposite direction? like wanting the straighten out?
your camber is pretty aggressive. are you lowered pretty low?

yea. Like wanting to straighten out. .
on high speed. The car seems wanting to go left and right.

ajai 10-23-2012 01:15 AM

Around 1 week around coilover installed. I find the car become not as straigt. They had made a few changes to the front toe by hand and without computer .
then now the ar go straigt but the corner and handling at high speed feel werid.
can someone seriously help! please

ajai 10-23-2012 01:31 PM

the car honeslty feel like it will understeer..
Where are the experts???

subieworx 10-23-2012 07:27 PM

This is not surprising. You bought bargain basement coilovers. Your experience with them will only get worse from here.

The floating feeling is likely the dampers breaking in. They will soften a bit as they wear just like a damper with 100000 miles feels worn out.

The issue with turning is a result of the substandard materials they use for construction. The springs are binding when turning causing a memory steer effect. If the coilovers used bearings with a higher axial load rating or a roller bearing in upper perch the memory steer would not be present.

Final thoughts, get used to it or sell them and buy something worth while.

ajai 10-24-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subieworx (Post 14840989)
This is not surprising. You bought bargain basement coilovers. Your experience with them will only get worse from here.

The floating feeling is likely the dampers breaking in. They will soften a bit as they wear just like a damper with 100000 miles feels worn out.

The issue with turning is a result of the substandard materials they use for construction. The springs are binding when turning causing a memory steer effect. If the coilovers used bearings with a higher axial load rating or a roller bearing in upper perch the memory steer would not be present.

thanks !! Does that mean it have nothing to do with my toe in?
Since the shop retune by toe in two times without the alignment computer.

ajai 10-24-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subieworx (Post 14840989)

thanks !! Does that mean it have nothing to do with my toe in?
Since the shop retune by toe in two times without the alignment computer.
Also it feel like understeer