E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Convertible (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What is this? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=951503)

wildirish317 10-20-2012 11:11 AM

What is this?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I took my back seat out to replace my rod covers and found this laying in the right seat well. It looks like a proximity sensor. Anyone have a clue?

Beamer Creamer 10-23-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildirish317 (Post 14831252)
I took my back seat out to replace my rod covers and found this laying in the right seat well. It looks like a proximity sensor. Anyone have a clue?

Haha. I found similar in my e46 m3. Havent looked into it though, so i would like to see what also. Hope its a horsepower boosting chip location:P

pauljcl 10-23-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beamer Creamer (Post 14840506)
Haha. I found similar in my e46 m3. Havent looked into it though, so i would like to see what also. Hope its a horsepower boosting chip location:P

Could it be part of the alarm system - even if your alarm is not the 'enhanced' type which senses movement inside the car?

Beamer Creamer 10-24-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauljcl (Post 14841530)
Could it be part of the alarm system - even if your alarm is not the 'enhanced' type which senses movement inside the car?

I have movement sensor, works fine. Im pretty sure i checked it for power when looking for keyed power for sub amp( nothing there). I'll check into it more when back home

wildirish317 10-27-2012 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After reading djsilver's and fmzip's posts under "Convertible top electrical troubleshooting tools", I suspected it is a storage compartment cover motor hall sensor (S700). It is. You can see the sensor I found, sitting next to the one in the car.

Not sure why I have an extra one. Apparently, they don't go bad. If anyone needs one, PM me and I'll send it to you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use