E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Showroom (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 2005 Steel Blue 325i progress (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952106)

JustinE46 10-23-2012 06:04 PM

My 2005 Steel Blue 325i progress
 
4 Attachment(s)
I've owned my car for about 2 years now and have been very happy with the way things have turned out. Majority of my mods have been done through Jurrian @ Modbargains, great guy so give him a call if you're looking for anything.

I don't have a picture of the day I originally bought it but I do have a pretty early picture of it. I got the windows tinted the day after I bought it and had parts waiting for install (clear corners, side markers and LED tails). And the list goes on after that...

Exterior

- Mtech II coupe front
- Hamann CF lip
- P46 headlights
- LED tails
- Clear corners and side markers
- Painted door strips and rear bumper
- CF fog light covers
- Trunk lip spoiler
- Debagged
- CF roundels (wheels, hood, trunk, steering wheel)
- M3 rear bumper

Wheels
- VMR VB3s (had them in super silver and now hyper black)
- 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 et 22 all around after spacers in in the front.
- 215/35/18 and 235/40/18

Interior

- ZHP steering wheel
- Euro tray
- BMW performance shift knob (alcantara)
- Alcantara shift and ebrake boots
- Black mats
- Gauge rings
- CF wrapped trim

Performance

- K&N intake
- Custom exhaust with burnt titanium tips

Suspension

- KW V1s

Audio

- Pioneer AVIC N1 (with steering wheel adapter)
- Alpine M500 amp
- Orion 12inch 1000watt sub

Future Mods

- CSL front bumper with 1 piece lip
- M3 side mirros

Thanks for looking at the thread E46 family.

Starsky & Clutch 10-23-2012 06:06 PM

Usually I don't like steel blue but your car is :drool:

ModBargains III 10-23-2012 06:15 PM

Oh yeah, that's a winner right there. Gorgeous car, glad I could help :)

AP1_RG 10-23-2012 06:26 PM

Nice set up... Specs of your rear wheels and tires?

JustinE46 10-23-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModBargains III (Post 14840751)
Oh yeah, that's a winner right there. Gorgeous car, glad I could help :)

Thanks Jurrian! We'll be in contact about parts soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky & Clutch (Post 14840734)
Usually I don't like steel blue but your car is :drool:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP1_RG (Post 14840774)
Nice set up... Specs of your rear wheels and tires?

Rears are 18x9.5 et22 on a 235/40/18

JustinE46 01-23-2013 09:52 AM

Just got a new rear bumper, will post pics when it's on and new exhaust is done.

THECLEANERBEAMER 01-23-2013 10:14 AM

Hurry and post pics! Love your car man :thumbsup: btw if you end up getting that csl bumper you want ill be first in line for your lip!

JZambrano7 01-23-2013 11:26 AM

Love the color very unique. Looking at your lip just made me tempted to buy one. Overall, well done

330xIce 01-23-2013 01:48 PM

Never really understood that lip :hmm: I think its silly. The rest of your car is :drool: though

TallSkinnyMatt 01-23-2013 06:29 PM

Gorgeous car! Front bumper fitment looks off though... Why didn't you go with a sedan mtech bumper instead for better fitment?

JustinE46 01-24-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZambrano7 (Post 15088268)
Love the color very unique. Looking at your lip just made me tempted to buy one. Overall, well done

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by icecold9485 (Post 15088842)
Never really understood that lip :hmm: I think its silly. The rest of your car is :drool: though

Buy one and maybe you'll like it haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt (Post 15089806)
Gorgeous car! Front bumper fitment looks off though... Why didn't you go with a sedan mtech bumper instead for better fitment?

The fitment is just a little off but I didn't want the rub strips. I ended up getting a coupe rear and that fits perfect.

///Mostarac 01-26-2013 11:51 PM

love the front end!

JustinE46 02-18-2013 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally posting pics of my new rear bumper and exhaust.

Thanks to Andrew over at Euro-spec for the burnt titanium tips.

TallSkinnyMatt 02-18-2013 09:15 PM

Looks great!! What did you do to get the M3 rear to fit?

JustinE46 02-18-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt (Post 15174997)
Looks great!! What did you do to get the M3 rear to fit?

Thanks Matt! It's a M3 rear from Umnitza. Fitment was great on it, very happy with it.

You did the SMG paddles for the steptronic right?

TallSkinnyMatt 02-18-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinE46 (Post 15175039)
Thanks Matt! It's a M3 rear from Umnitza. Fitment was great on it, very happy with it.

You did the SMG paddles for the steptronic right?

Oh very nice! My first rear mtech bumper was from Umnitza. Fitment was excellent! Love the new rear look :thumbsup:

Yes I did do the SMG/Steptronic retrofit! Probably my favorite mod. Very easy as well!

JustinE46 02-18-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt (Post 15175046)
Oh very nice! My first rear mtech bumper was from Umnitza. Fitment was excellent! Love the new rear look :thumbsup:

Yes I did do the SMG/Steptronic retrofit! Probably my favorite mod. Very easy as well!

Any suggestion on paddles? I've heard you have to do something with the clock spring as well. I have the alcantara zhp steering wheel now.

TallSkinnyMatt 02-18-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinE46 (Post 15175059)
Any suggestion on paddles? I've heard you have to do something with the clock spring as well. I have the alcantara zhp steering wheel now.

Installation was easy. Yes you do need a new clockspring. Its about $70 for a SMG clockspring. Then you just buy a two pin connector from the dealer, extending the wiring down through the column to the shifter, tap into two wires, and thats it! Then you're good to go. This is the guide I followed. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=diy+smg

I also bought the aluminum extended paddles which feel much better!

stevenluczynski 02-18-2013 09:39 PM

When did you get the bumper? out of stock right now :(

JustinE46 02-18-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt (Post 15175065)
Installation was easy. Yes you do need a new clockspring. Its about $70 for a SMG clockspring. Then you just buy a two pin connector from the dealer, extending the wiring down through the column to the shifter, tap into two wires, and thats it! Then you're good to go. This is the guide I followed. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=diy+smg

I also bought the aluminum extended paddles which feel much better!

Thanks I'll definitely look into it once I get some other things installed. I've always wanted to do it but have put it off for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenluczynski (Post 15175068)
When did you get the bumper? out of stock right now :(

I got it a couple months ago but just had it and the exhaust installed not too long ago. I PM'd umnitza before ordering it because it said it was out of stock when I first looked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use