E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA Gen 7 Supercharger Inquiry (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952422)

NMAN85 10-25-2012 12:05 PM

AA Gen 7 Supercharger Inquiry

So I'm looking into getting the Gen 7 supercharger with all it's extras to make sure my car is on point. What's the best way for me to handle this? Can I ship my car to AA and have the company do all the installs? What's the cost like? I'm all about getting my whole car filled with AA tweeks and goodies (header included). Can anyone give me a decent breakdown to go by? Also, will AA fix/reinforce anything the find to be a possible issue before installing?

Thanks

Sweed 10-25-2012 12:19 PM

This might help a little, some people just like the pros to handle it but you get a lot of self gratification from doing the install your self, well i did any way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...m3+hks+install

Cheers

jonny_blaze 10-25-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMAN85 (Post 14846002)
So I'm looking into getting the Gen 7 supercharger with all it's extras to make sure my car is on point. What's the best way for me to handle this? Can I ship my car to AA and have the company do all the installs? What's the cost like? I'm all about getting my whole car filled with AA tweeks and goodies (header included). Can anyone give me a decent breakdown to go by? Also, will AA fix/reinforce anything the find to be a possible issue before installing?

Thanks

First off...Congrats! You are going to love it. I am in love with my setup on my cab running the full AA exhaust system. Damn does she scream.

The best way to handle it is either get MaxPSI to install it in NJ (as I read your in NY) or take it direct to AA and let Viral and Scrappy handle it for you. It would be best to have the car there for tuning adjustments that may be needed IMO.

My work is an AA dealer and installer. We have actually sent 2 of our euro E36 M M powered cars to have custom kits done by them. I have never felt more comfortable leaving cars somewhere, and not even my own family drives my cars.

AA can look over and address any issues you may have while it is there, have you seen the facility? Top notch.

Viral arranged transportation from our door to theirs and back in a breeze.

As far as what else to do:

Suspension check over (Who wants all that power and worn suspension?)
Brake check over (BBK not needed but great upgrade or even to CSL)

If you are like me, make sure you have a windscreen because top speed runs with the top down is fun! 300km/h happens real fast from 120km/h :excited:

NMAN85 10-27-2012 09:09 AM

Ugh

Dude...if I had a garage i would definitely takle this install on my own but I only have a decently long driveway :facepalm:. But nice thread tho...I'm jealous. I love doing things on my own because i'm a bit OCD lol. Thanks tho bro

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweed (Post 14846045)
This might help a little, some people just like the pros to handle it but you get a lot of self gratification from doing the install your self, well i did any way.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...m3+hks+install

Cheers

NMAN85 10-27-2012 09:43 AM

Thanks Bro

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny_blaze (Post 14846890)
First off...Congrats! You are going to love it. I am in love with my setup on my cab running the full AA exhaust system. Damn does she scream.

The best way to handle it is either get MaxPSI to install it in NJ (as I read your in NY) or take it direct to AA and let Viral and Scrappy handle it for you. It would be best to have the car there for tuning adjustments that may be needed IMO.

My work is an AA dealer and installer. We have actually sent 2 of our euro E36 M M powered cars to have custom kits done by them. I have never felt more comfortable leaving cars somewhere, and not even my own family drives my cars.

AA can look over and address any issues you may have while it is there, have you seen the facility? Top notch.

Viral arranged transportation from our door to theirs and back in a breeze.

As far as what else to do:

Suspension check over (Who wants all that power and worn suspension?)
Brake check over (BBK not needed but great upgrade or even to CSL)

If you are like me, make sure you have a windscreen because top speed runs with the top down is fun! 300km/h happens real fast from 120km/h :excited:

I think I will drive over to MaxPSI first and see what their recommendations are. I have a friend who works for Precision Turbo who recommended me to them...so I guess they are the real deal. I don't entrust my baby to just anyone! :tsk: Of course I also want to do it the cheapest way possible lol :thumbup:

NMAN85 10-27-2012 09:43 AM

ALSO...For this supercharger, is there a way to upgrade the "turbo" that comes with?

braymond141 10-27-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMAN85 (Post 14850972)
ALSO...For this supercharger, is there a way to upgrade the "turbo" that comes with?

:hmm: What?

It's either Supercharger or Turbo, two completely different things. You're going to have to clarify.

Viral@ActiveAutowerke 10-29-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMAN85 (Post 14846002)

Thanks

Hello NMAN85:hi:,

Thank you so much for the post, I am glad to see that you are interested in our Active Autowerke Generation 7 Supercharger Kit for your E46 M3. You have several options available for getting this handled from complete shipping packages directly to us or having one of our Authorized Installers in the area getting this system strapped to your M3. I will send you a PM with all the goodies and recommendations. :thumbsup:

NMAN85 11-12-2012 11:10 PM

More Inquiry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke (Post 14855905)
Hello NMAN85:hi:,

Thank you so much for the post, I am glad to see that you are interested in our Active Autowerke Generation 7 Supercharger Kit for your E46 M3. You have several options available for getting this handled from complete shipping packages directly to us or having one of our Authorized Installers in the area getting this system strapped to your M3. I will send you a PM with all the goodies and recommendations. :thumbsup:

:thanks: SO another question...I'm sure you guys would recommend I get the AA headers right? Do you guys have high-flow-cats for the E46 M3? Or what would you recommend other than Super Sprints cats?

ryryde 11-13-2012 02:27 PM

Yea man your going to love it cant even consider driving a car with less HP now lol. When i did my stage 2 it was the gen 6 and then upgraded to 7 for like 2 grand. But i had my install done down in Orlando at PSI which is a great shop and solid group of guys. When they couldn't figure out what was going on with when i went to pick it up Frank let me drive his HPF 2.5 for a couple days till i could come back (O2 sensors were backwards from a previous ebay install). But i got the AA headers, AA clutch and flywheel (which i would recommend the hpf clutch if you want a regular clutch feel), a custom gauge cluster under the radio (A/F, Boost, S/C oil temp) and with install cost around like 20k if i remember right. They also did my sub-frame reinforcement for 1.5k. hope that helps but im sure there are some places up in NY that are retailers. i know AA has a list on their website. Hope that helps a little

triksterut 11-14-2012 02:52 PM

I did the gamut - started with a Gen6 1.5 kit and then upgraded to a Gen7 2 kit. Support and customer service have been great. Build quality top notch. The active exhaust is awesome stuff. I went with Agency Power Headers then had them ceramic coated. I also got a new section 1 with race cats with my old Dinan exhaust. Sounds great :)

You're going to want headers and either no cats or race cats with that Stage 2.

DenaliXTC 11-21-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMAN85 (Post 14850969)
I think I will drive over to MaxPSI first and see what their recommendations are. I have a friend who works for Precision Turbo who recommended me to them...so I guess they are the real deal. I don't entrust my baby to just anyone! :tsk: Of course I also want to do it the cheapest way possible lol :thumbup:

maxPSI did my install on stg 1.5 and then I ordered the stage 2 gen 7 from them and they installed it for me, def take the trip. Love the kit.