E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Convertible (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What does this connector go to? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952676)

bimmernut3 10-26-2012 08:34 PM

What does this connector go to?
 
I removed the back seat bottom & back yesterday & found this "extra" cable under the seat. It's hard to see in my picture but it's not the one that goes to the fuel pump. Could this be for "heated rear seats"? Speaking of which, I do NOT have the heated seat option on this '05 330Cic. Does anyone know if it's prewired for this option? What would be required to install?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/picture...ictureid=27036

kib 11-11-2012 01:31 PM

hard to see in picture but is for fuel gauge.

bimmernut3 11-11-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kib (Post 14890225)
hard to see in picture but is for fuel gauge.

@kib....I don't think so. the 'other' wire goes to the fuel tank; This one was just laying there under the rear seat not connected to anything. It's just wrapped with the wire that goes to the fuel tank. It appears to be "not used" on my car but was wondering what it went to on other cars. Anyone with another E46 330CiC see this connector?

McGary911 11-12-2012 03:47 PM

Did our cars have an option for a heated rear seat? If that's what this was, I'd expect the wires to be thicker, as electric heat requires a lot of current. Hard to tell from the pic, but those wires look kind of thin.

bimmernut3 11-12-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGary911 (Post 14893096)
Did our cars have an option for a heated rear seat? If that's what this was, I'd expect the wires to be thicker, as electric heat requires a lot of current. Hard to tell from the pic, but those wires look kind of thin.

No, I don't know of any USA E46 car having an option for heated rear seats. However, I was reading one of the TIS instructions (see link)
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/05/95/97
to remove the rear seat on the convertible & it said to:
"Unclip rear seat at left and right.
For seat heating optional extra only:
Disconnect cable.
Lift out seat towards front"
So, when I removed the rear seat bottom, I saw this connector just laying there, so was just trying to figure out what it went to. I understand that some auto mfg. use standard wire harness for all models & options & just don't use the connectors that aren't used on that particular car.

Benny Minn 05-13-2013 10:05 AM

Old thread, but I just found this extra connector too and wondered what it's purpose is. Here are some better pictures:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psd89085c2.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psa766625b.jpg

Has anyone figured it out yet?

bimmernut3 05-13-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny Minn (Post 15418913)
Old thread, but I just found this extra connector too and wondered what it's purpose is. Here are some better pictures:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psd89085c2.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psa766625b.jpg

Has anyone figured it out yet?

Benny...I still want to know what it's for too.....

vladbimmer 05-13-2013 11:08 AM

What does this connector go to?
 
Hooks up to battery when the car is in transport to dealer!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use