E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   HPF Subframe / RTAB / Lower Control Arm Group Buy (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=953276)

HPF Kirk 10-30-2012 02:55 PM

HPF Subframe / RTAB / Lower Control Arm Group Buy

We're going to do a group buy on the HPF subframe reinforcement plates and installation along with RTAB's, subframe bushings and lower control arms.

E46 Standard Parts Pricing

$155.96 - HPF Subframe Reinforcement Kit
$ 74.99 - Powerflex RTABs
$214.99 - Powerflex Subframe Bushings
$346.14 - SPC Rear Lower Control Arms

E46 Standard Labor Pricing

$800.00 - Subframe Reinforcement
With Subframe Reinforcement
$187.50 - RTAB's
$312.50 - Subframe bushings
$187.50 - Lower Control Arms

RTAB's (without subframe reinforcement) - $250.00

GROUP BUY SPECIAL 20% OFF ABOVE PRICES
For this group buy, you can take 20% off both parts and labor. The group buy is for all customers that bring your car to our facility at 12905 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97230 until the end of January 2013. We recommend having us do a 4 wheel alignment on your vehicle after this work is done which is $150.

Kirk

Powerflex Setup with Street Version

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/publ...ial/SFSYEL.JPG

Powerflex Setup with Street/Race Version

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/publ...ial/SFSBLK.JPG

InDiGlOM3 10-30-2012 07:22 PM

That doesnt look like race version. I see poly, lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

TrippinBimmer 10-30-2012 08:15 PM

How much for the subframe kit shipped to 39157?

HPF Kirk 10-31-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer (Post 14859320)
How much for the subframe kit shipped to 39157?

PM Sent!

bluewater87 10-31-2012 04:10 PM

price for subframe reinforcement kit shipped to 48060 please.
Also, how many of these SPC LCA's have you installed or sold? What range of camber adjustment does it allow?

HPF Kirk 10-31-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluewater87 (Post 14861425)
price for subframe reinforcement kit shipped to 48060 please.
Also, how many of these SPC LCA's have you installed or sold? What range of camber adjustment does it allow?

PM Sent!

BDUB328I 10-31-2012 05:24 PM

i would do some re-search before making the dive into this... I have done a decent ammount of research on this and have chose all of these exzact products EXCEPT the RTAB's. after alot of reading i got the OEM UPDATED RTAB's, ive herd of people having issues with the Powerflex RTAB (although i have never tried them myself)

GREAT DEAL though if i didnt already have all this stuff i would jump on it and sell the RTAB's

e46bmwlife 10-31-2012 05:43 PM

I wanted to make sure I'm reading this right because I need to get my subframe repaired.

$800 for labor plus the cost of the kit $155 will get my subframe fixed if I take it to the shop?

If so that is excellent!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

braymond141 10-31-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDUB328I (Post 14861632)
i would do some re-search before making the dive into this... I have done a decent ammount of research on this and have chose all of these exzact products EXCEPT the RTAB's. after alot of reading i got the OEM UPDATED RTAB's, ive herd of people having issues with the Powerflex RTAB (although i have never tried them myself)

GREAT DEAL though if i didnt already have all this stuff i would jump on it and sell the RTAB's

Powerflex RTABs are excellent, 6 years 100k miles on mine. Updated OEM still flex too much and will fail.

HPF Kirk 10-31-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46bmwlife (Post 14861673)
I wanted to make sure I'm reading this right because I need to get my subframe repaired.

$800 for labor plus the cost of the kit $155 will get my subframe fixed if I take it to the shop?

If so that is excellent!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App

Sub-Frame "Repair" and Sub-Frame "Reinforcement" can be two different things. We have seen people drive in to get it looked at and we couldn't believe they were able to drive the car. Repair is completely dependent on how bad the tearing is... If no tearing than its a relatively easy job for our techs.

e46bmwlife 10-31-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Kirk (Post 14861768)
Sub-Frame "Repair" and Sub-Frame "Reinforcement" can be two different things. We have seen people drive in to get it looked at and we couldn't believe they were able to drive the car. Repair is completely dependent on how bad the tearing is... If no tearing than its a relatively easy job for our techs.

I do have some tearing, but I don't think its that bad. The damage can be seen via the following link:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...488&highlight=

HPF Kirk 10-31-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46bmwlife (Post 14861897)
I do have some tearing, but I don't think its that bad. The damage can be seen via the following link:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...488&highlight=

Damage is not bad yet... They get worse and worse. The problem is you get use to a clunk and then it gets slightly worse over time and you don't notice it until its to late. I had a guy tell me he's had this "light" clunk in his rear end for over a year. We get it up on the lift and there was 4 inch tear on each side of his 330... :hmm::hmm:

e46bmwlife 11-01-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Kirk (Post 14861925)
Damage is not bad yet... They get worse and worse. The problem is you get use to a clunk and then it gets slightly worse over time and you don't notice it until its to late. I had a guy tell me he's had this "light" clunk in his rear end for over a year. We get it up on the lift and there was 4 inch tear on each side of his 330... :hmm::hmm:

Right now I'm driving it, but sparingly. Mostly just to the grocery store or to take the wife to work a few blocks away. We're hoping to get a second car sometime over the next few weeks so I don't have to continue driving this one.

TrippinBimmer 11-01-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46bmwlife (Post 14862773)
Right now I'm driving it, but sparingly. Mostly just to the grocery store or to take the wife to work a few blocks away. We're hoping to get a second car sometime over the next few weeks so I don't have to continue driving this one.

Should just stop driving...Making it worst every time you drive it...

Bdave 11-01-2012 10:34 AM

I wish I paid only 800 bux in labor less 20% for my subframe job. I had additional work done but the price tag was through the roof. This is an awesome deal. Do it if you live near by.

e46bmwlife 11-01-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer (Post 14863024)
Should just stop driving...Making it worst every time you drive it...

I know. I trying, but its a little difficult.

When I first discovered the problem I wanted to try and get the subframe fixed right away, but with a rough idle not being able to find a shop in Florida willing to fix it at a reasonable price, I've given up, at least for now.

We have some stocks in a mutual fund that add up to a few thousand. The plan is to cash them out and purchase a daily driver so I don't have to drive the e46 until it can get fixed. But with the storm in NYC the stock market has been closed for a few days, which has delayed things.

e46bmwlife 11-01-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14863100)
I wish I paid only 800 bux in labor less 20% for my subframe job. I had additional work done but the price tag was through the roof. This is an awesome deal. Do it if you live near by.

I agree it is a great price. I'm very far from OR, but I'm defiantly considering using this shop to repair my subframe when the time is right.

Bdave 11-01-2012 05:42 PM

I can give you the name of the body shop that did the welding on mine in Pompano beach. They knew exactly what to do. Maybe you can negotiate a much better price. I did have them do a lot of additional bracing that you would not need. PM me if you want. It will cost you 1500 or more to round trip your car to HPF. That would be worth it if you were getting more work than just the subframe.
If you had a turbo M3 and wanted to do their whole group buy package then by all means ship your car to them from any where in the States. I think you can not loose with their deal.

e46bmwlife 11-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdave (Post 14864088)
I can give you the name of the body shop that did the welding on mine in Pompano beach. They knew exactly what to do. Maybe you can negotiate a much better price. I did have them do a lot of additional bracing that you would not need. PM me if you want. It will cost you 1500 or more to round trip your car to HPF. That would be worth it if you were getting more work than just the subframe.
If you had a turbo M3 and wanted to do their whole group buy package then by all means ship your car to them from any where in the States. I think you can not loose with their deal.

I agree. Their deal is excellent, but my problem would be getting the car to them and back at a reasonable price.

I'm going to send a PM now. It wouldn't hurt to get the info on the Pompano Beach shop.

Black92bmw 11-05-2012 12:01 AM

Price for everything except control arms shipped to 26501?