E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   New Suspension Feels Crappy.. help! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=953664)

kimfogs 11-01-2012 07:29 PM

New Suspension Feels Crappy.. help!

Hey fellas..
Recently installed H&R touring cup kit and 100% new front end suspension parts..control arms and bushings, sway bar links, tie rods and also brand new rotors and pads all around. Two new front wheel bearing assemblies.

I'm assuming the kit rides rough which is OK but I feel like there is more play in the front end now than there was before all the new parts! The alignment was done by the shop also.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!!

Jesse M 11-09-2012 01:07 PM

Elaborate when you say there is more play? How does the car drive/feel when you turn the wheel? slow/fast

subieworx 11-10-2012 12:33 PM

What are the alignment specs?

kimfogs 11-13-2012 09:45 PM

Not sure of alignment specs. How would I find out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

kimfogs 11-13-2012 09:53 PM

Car pulls hard left and right when I go over uneven spots in road. Extreme when I'm driving slow..like approaching red light. I've also got the extreme front end vibration at lower speeds. The slower I go, the worse it gets. It actually vibrates so badly that the whole dash board vibrates inside the car! Changed out both front wheel hub assemblies to no avail.

The wheel pulling is ridiculous. I changed out a lot of front end suspension parts so I don't think I should be fighting the wheel. Could it be a bent or unbalanced front wheel?

Also, H&R Touring Cup kit feels like it doesn't absorb any road whatsoever. I expected a change but not this drastic i guess.

In the same day I did both hub assy, both tie rods, both sway bar assy, both control arms with bushings, H&R cup kit, slotted rotors, brake pads. You would think I would have a super car now but its far from it.

Any suggestions guys? I don't even want to drive my car anymore... :banghead:

JaYaRe 11-14-2012 01:57 PM

how stiffer???

jhaurimn 11-14-2012 02:06 PM

Was it doing that before the suspension overhaul? Sounds like the car is way out of alignment or suspension parts were installed incorrectly. Check height of each corner and see if they are the same (driver side might be a little higher with no driver in the car)

Something definitely isn't right because your cars steering should feel awesome with all the stuff you replaced!

kimfogs 11-14-2012 10:27 PM

It was doing the bad vibration before the overhaul but not the poor handling. I'll take it back to the shop and have them check it out. Or maybe a new shop since these guys let me take the car this way. Kinda makes me wonder about them.