E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The HPF Hood Was Born (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=953795)

HPF Kris 11-02-2012 04:50 PM

The HPF Hood Was Born

Yes... Yes.... Yes! The HPF hood is now on full throttle. We met up w/ the guys at Advance Composite Systems today to talk about how we are now ready to go full speed on getting this hood manufactured. A great meeting with the guys and are very excited to see the progress of the HPF Hood. Definitely stay tuned!

http://blog.horsepowerfreaks.com/wp-.../MG_1475-1.jpg

HPF Erik 11-02-2012 04:59 PM

I support this message. this thing is gonna look sweet.

dallasberry 11-02-2012 05:20 PM

I like OEM Better.

zurus 11-02-2012 05:58 PM

Good to see new things but i think its ugly :thumbdwn:

Tchleung 11-02-2012 08:08 PM

Do Not Want...

MaverickM3 11-02-2012 09:47 PM

Oh look, a picture of pictures.. :rofl:

:thumbsup: :hi:

Edgar3498 11-02-2012 10:15 PM

Nooooooo

Commanderwiggin 11-02-2012 10:16 PM

Do not want...should stick to sterker development

TrippinBimmer 11-02-2012 10:18 PM

Looks similar to this hood...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...94708577_n.jpg

Rockyminator 11-02-2012 10:40 PM

Going to have to pass on this one. Really wish Vorsteiner hadn't discontinued their GTR style hoods.

FragNasty 11-02-2012 11:00 PM

Oh dear.

Maybe you would care to detail how the vents are functional as a part of the turbo kit? Does it have some aerodynamic characteristic that modifies air flow in a way that increases boost? Enhance cooling? Reduces drag? Increases stability?

My personal opinion is that that hood design departs from one fundamental design aspect that represents the value and tradition of BMW. Conservatism. Such a departure can be overlooked if there is some performance issue that calls for unorthodox visual aspects, hence my question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Kris (Post 14866576)
Yes... Yes.... Yes! The HPF hood is now on full throttle. We met up w/ the guys at Advance Composite Systems today to talk about how we are now ready to go full speed on getting this hood manufactured. A great meeting with the guys and are very excited to see the progress of the HPF Hood. Definitely stay tuned!

http://blog.horsepowerfreaks.com/wp-.../MG_1475-1.jpg

TrickTizzle 11-02-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasberry (Post 14866631)
I like OEM Better.

I support this message. this thing is gonna look garbage.

HPF Chris 11-03-2012 12:04 AM

Kris took a video of Chris from ACS drawing the red hood picture. Posting this pic along side all the other hoods without a description is a bit confusing but the other hoods are not designs we are using. They were brainstorming drawings from ACS. The hood we are wanting to make has a center vent and no side vents. It will add downforce and will have a very clean, lightly aggressive look and will be extremely strong and lightweight. What you guys don't realize is we can make the hood look like anything you want but everyone making comments on our other threads directly contradicts each other. If you all would simply agree on something we would make it.

Chris

HPF Chris 11-03-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin (Post 14867215)
Do not want...should stick to sterker development

Sterker development? I think most appreciate having HPF turbo kits and many other products I've created for the E46 M3. There's really no need to insult the hand that brings all these products to market for you.

Chris

Commanderwiggin 11-03-2012 01:50 AM

Nvm...hood is garbage.

Grendelsbane 11-03-2012 02:04 AM

I would like to see it on the car before voicing an opinion.

02PRUV 11-03-2012 02:05 AM

I think it would be better just doing a GTR style bonnet. Keeps the good factory lines of the car and helps get the unwanted heat out of the engine bay. I personally believe it would be a better seller too as it appeals to a larger amount of people. And seeing Vorsteiner don't make theirs anymore yours would be the only one that doesn't use chinese/tiawan clear that yellows from UV. You could perfect the GTR style too and get it lighter than Vorsteiner had it ;)

Once you start going crazy different lines like some of the sketches or that blue one posted above it looks like it should be on a riced up japanese car not a BMW.

xixixi 11-03-2012 05:52 AM

I remember everyone wanting vents on the hood, except the few that were afraid it would blow their engine from water dripping on it... :thumbsup: The reality is, vents are very expensive from a manufacturing POV. IMO

Bdave 11-03-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02PRUV (Post 14867603)
I think it would be better just doing a GTR style bonnet. Keeps the good factory lines of the car and helps get the unwanted heat out of the engine bay. I personally believe it would be a better seller too as it appeals to a larger amount of people. And seeing Vorsteiner don't make theirs anymore yours would be the only one that doesn't use chinese/tiawan clear that yellows from UV. You could perfect the GTR style too and get it lighter than Vorsteiner had it ;)

Once you start going crazy different lines like some of the sketches or that blue one posted above it looks like it should be on a riced up japanese car not a BMW.

EXACTLY what he said. The opportunity to make an almost exact copy of the Vorsteiner GTR hood (only better) would be the safest bet. A SURE money maker. Guys are dying to find even used Vorsteiners on the market. The demand is still high for GTR styled hood.
I am sorry, but the hood shown looks like it belongs on a Mustang, NOT a BMW. Its all wrong.

xixixi 11-03-2012 10:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The purposed hood is nearly identical to this hood, very popular in the JDM market. Supras, camrys, rsx , celicas etc. "Invader Styled Hoods" I'd like a vented hood similar to this one.