E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Hello from the UK (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954024)

sharkey62 11-04-2012 05:49 AM

Hello from the UK

Hi
I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Leigh and I live in Somerset in the UK. I have recently purchased a 2001 320i with 48k on the clock. Car is in very good condition but I do want to update it but being female I do not have a lot of technical expertise. I have seen some posts on here and people seem to be very knowledgeable ln different areas so hoping to get some advice and tips. It might have to be written in a very simple way :thumbsup:
Thank you
Leigh

99_323i_Steve 11-04-2012 07:30 AM

Welcome :). Only 48k? Dang! Id say starting with your schedule II maintenance would get you on track with how low your miles are. whats your favorite football club?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Bimmer App

sharkey62 11-04-2012 07:51 AM

Thank you for your welcome.

The car is genuine mileage and is backed up by service history. It is going for a service next month. Just have to get some body work sorted out first as after a month of owning it some idiot decided to put a dent in the front wing when it was parked up just for the hell of it :bawling:
I also want to upgrade the headlights but am finding it a bit confusing. I am reading though the posts here but with very little technical knowledge and knowing nothing about wiring might take me a while to learn.

My favourite football club is Chelsea and have always been a Chelsea fan.

It is a bit daunting being a girl and asking technical questions as worried people will think I am just an idiot but so far so good.

Have a good day.

Leigh

99_323i_Steve 11-04-2012 09:10 AM

Well by headlights I'm guessing u want to go from halogen to projector correct? They call it a face lift I believe. Fcpeueo.com has some great deals on face lift items like those headlights for our e46s.

Chelsea aye? I was always an avid man_u supporter but once ronaldo transferred to real madrid I've mostly watched their games after that.

99_323i_Steve 11-04-2012 09:12 AM

Link is fcpeuro.com sorry about that. Don't fret about being a female. This stuff is easy to catch on to and if u have your own tools their are a lot of do it yourself threads around here.

sharkey62 11-04-2012 10:56 AM

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the link. I only really want to upgrade to Angel Eye was thinking of converting to Xenon as well but this seems as though it will cause more trouble as I only have Halogen set up. I think with the Xenon you need to have self levelling suspension so you dont blind other drivers.
So at the moment just needing to know how I would upgrade to LED rings if I purchased plug and play angel light headlight units.
Will have a look on your link and see what I can find,
Thank you
Leigh

99_323i_Steve 11-04-2012 11:30 AM

If you want high quality angel eyes bimmian.com may be ur place. As far as going xenon hids on your halogen headlights yes u would be blinding others. But buy ing the projector headlights would allow u to concentrate the beam and almost positive auto leveling would not b needed than.

sharkey62 11-04-2012 01:09 PM

Thanks Steve
Love that Bimmian site I could spend a fortune there - if I had a fortune. Just seen some DEPO lights on there that seem to be just what I am looking for. Will have to save up a bit more I think.
Leigh