E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Convertible (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Prices? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954156)

Schaef 11-04-2012 08:46 PM

Prices?

1 Attachment(s)
I have a friend who's father will soon be selling a 2001 330cic with ~36,000 miles on it. It has the sports package, and all the extras other than the cold weather package and navigation. It's automatic

It all appears to be pristine, other than a few marks on the paint where you'd expect them from highway stones

What would be a fair price between two people on say, craigslist, and what would be a fair price for an acquaintance?
What price should I just walk away from?

Pic related, currently the only picture I have

Poncho@home 11-05-2012 08:20 AM

That's low mileage, big plus, however the automatic is a minus, as most enthusiasts are looking for manual transmissions. I am in Canada, but IMO if the car is mechanically well maintained and as clean as you claim I would put it between $10 000 and $12 500. Maybe a little less for an acquaintance as you say. More then that and there are a lot of nice cars available. For reference, I paid $15000 CDN for a mint low mileage 2004 Cic with sport, cold + nav. 50000 miles, never winter driven, good maintenance history. I feel I paid a premium value, not a deal by any means, but the car was uber clean, so that's why I decided to pay a premium.

Good luck and welcome to the community!

dknightd 11-05-2012 08:42 AM

For a red automatic I'd walk at $6k

But if you want a red automatic you could easily pay double that.
If it is one owner, garage kept, BMW serviced, you might even go higher.

Schaef 11-05-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknightd (Post 14872496)
For a red automatic I'd walk at $6k

But if you want a red automatic you could easily pay double that.
If it is one owner, garage kept, BMW serviced, you might even go higher.

I haven't yet looked at the records, but I would assume that it's been regularly serviced
Of course I would have to see them before we talk money

It was owned by the guys brother from new up until a few months back when he sold it to the current owner. The previous owner owned a few new car dealerships, so I'm confident that he's kept it well maintained, and the top hasn't faded at all, so I would assume it's been garage kept it's entire life
It's certainly garage kept now, as you can see

Red wouldn't be my first choice, but it would be my second

dknightd 11-05-2012 02:48 PM

So guys brother, the car dealer, sold the car to his brother a few months ago, now the brother wants to sell it to you?

I'd be careful. Might want to look around and see what else is out there.

Schaef 11-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknightd (Post 14873593)
So guys brother, the car dealer, sold the car to his brother a few months ago, now the brother wants to sell it to you?

I'd be careful. Might want to look around and see what else is out there.

He says it's not enough power for his dder for him, which is understandable considering he's coming off of a Maserati

He's looking for an Aston now, and he's selling the BMW when he finds a good deal

halohead52 11-05-2012 06:02 PM

Drive it, get a mechanic to check it out. The low mileage is a plus. But the rest is easily available especially in FL. I was in Naples a few weeks ago and it seemed like every 10th car was an E46 vert! So don't go too high. This is the time of year to buy verts, even in FL.