E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Xi Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Struts (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954225)

aioros 11-05-2012 07:51 AM

Struts

3 Attachment(s)
I've been trying to replace the struts on the wife's car. I ordered the shocks and struts from an online vendor. The shocks fit fine but the struts were different. I returned those and ordered from Pelican Parts, but even those were wrong. The part #'s match but not the part itself, look
01 330xi

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App

Kubica 11-05-2012 12:32 PM

Return all of them and get a set of Bilsteins or Koni's for the xi.

bimrdreamr 11-05-2012 06:17 PM

I just had the exact same situation. I quite frankly was and still am pretty ticked off. I ended up having them send me the Bilstein HDs for the front. THe Bilsteins worked out great, but I seriously question whether or not I will buy from Pelican again. I was told they would contact the vendor and get me an answer back....didn't happen. Only "hey...the Bilsteins will be better, but oh yeah they cost more too". I gave a bad customer survey in response thinking perhaps they would call to make it right. Guess I was might WRONG! Pelican Parts.....you FAILED!!!!!

SamDoe1 11-05-2012 08:41 PM

If the Bilsteins cost more, you ordered the wrong shocks/struts. They should be the cheapest option for a suspension rebuild.

Don't cheap out on these parts, they tend to be quite important.

bimrdreamr 11-05-2012 09:08 PM

Sam I ordered the OEM struts which is exactly aioros showed in the picture. The exact part number for the vehicle. Oh well...learning experience.

Kubica 11-06-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimrdreamr (Post 14874189)
I just had the exact same situation. I quite frankly was and still am pretty ticked off. I ended up having them send me the Bilstein HDs for the front. THe Bilsteins worked out great, but I seriously question whether or not I will buy from Pelican again. I was told they would contact the vendor and get me an answer back....didn't happen. Only "hey...the Bilsteins will be better, but oh yeah they cost more too". I gave a bad customer survey in response thinking perhaps they would call to make it right. Guess I was might WRONG! Pelican Parts.....you FAILED!!!!!

I love Pelican. Never had an issue though. Bavauto always had the cheapest bilsteins though.

SamDoe1 11-06-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimrdreamr (Post 14874670)
Sam I ordered the OEM struts which is exactly aioros showed in the picture. The exact part number for the vehicle. Oh well...learning experience.

Delphi (the name in your pictures) isn't the OEM manufacturer so you didn't order the OEM parts. The correct manufacturer is Sachs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubica (Post 14875476)
I love Pelican. Never had an issue though. Bavauto always had the cheapest bilsteins though.

Agreed, Pelican has been nothing short of fantastic. I use them for just about everything since they always have the cheapest prices on quality parts. You just have to know what you want.

winston330xi 11-06-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimrdreamr (Post 14874189)

I was about to purchase these from pelican as well until I read from their review, it stated that it did not fit and looked entirely different. This thread just confirmed it for me, thanks.

I guess bilstein or koni is the only option other than OEM sachs.

Kubica 11-07-2012 06:33 AM

Bilstein HD xi struts/bilstein e36 m3 shocks/eibach springs. Just do it.

redbull 325is 11-07-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubica (Post 14878938)
Bilstein HD xi struts/bilstein e36 m3 shocks/eibach springs. Just do it.

or, OR H&R Coilovers :D