E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   M stickers, So lame even the police hate you. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954394)

pythonis 11-06-2012 02:21 AM

M stickers, So lame even the police hate you.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,

Today I was driving my sister home and noticed a cop following me. getting almost all red lights on my way home, I patently waited for him to pull me over every single time we started or stopped, but he didnt. At one of these red lights an Old Ford Racer (http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...lin-parker.jpg somthing along these lines)
turned left, spinning his wheels and drifting around the corner. I thought for sure the Police man would totally go after an old ford that was doing excess of the speed limit, doing burnouts and general classyness. He Didnt.

So anyway, We continued driving till I eventually got onto the home stretch, almost home. Then out of the blue behind me, lights flashing and he pulls me over.

"Excuse me son, What model car is this?"
I respond with "Its a BMW 323ci,"
"But it has an M Badge son."
"yes, its a sticker...." I reply shyly.
He looks confused and then asks me to open my bonnet, at this point I knew I was safe, the moment there was no M sticker on my engine should give it away as not being an M. a couple minutes later he gently closes my bonnet, which means he hasnt shut it properly and starts wrenching at it, I sigh and he eventually closes it. He then comes back to my window.

"Yeah mate that badge is technically illegal, cause you arent supposed to be driving an M Series, its not a fine but it can get you taken to court."
I say thanks okay sure and he leaves.

So what Did I learn from this? That BMW has gotten with the government to not let anyone who doesnt own a M model have M stickers and that it should have me taken to court.

Looks like I'll be getting some TRD, AMG and FPV stickers to glue on to my car now....

~ Pythonis

steve.k 11-06-2012 02:26 AM

wtf! seriously can't believe that. You should have said its an M sport or something... I used to have an M badge on mine too.

Mitch E46 11-06-2012 02:30 AM

What a d1ck

Jmonteith187 11-06-2012 02:33 AM

Clean car but if that is your car in the pic above please get rid of those rims....just some constructive criticism

SteadyMobbin 11-06-2012 02:35 AM

Hahaha...that made me laugh.

MJ80 11-06-2012 02:35 AM

So why is there an M sticker on it ?

pythonis 11-06-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmonteith187 (Post 14875226)
Clean car but if that is your car in the pic above please get rid of those rims....just some constructive criticism

Considered it, the wheels are pretty shiny, the back right hand one is also damaged... so to fix that I bought more wheels :P $50 for another 2 wheels, bargain! going to try and sell the set of 5 eventually though and get something smaller (maybe some 18s to get a bit more clearance around the wheels themselves :P)

pythonis 11-06-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ80 (Post 14875229)
So why is there an M sticker on it ?

I do have M spek stuff on it: suspension, brakes, front bumper.
but yeah .... :P

DeclanM3 11-06-2012 02:41 AM

Cop would've done the same if you had a turbo badge on an XR6.. They know certain models that aren't permitted but don't know how to tell what they are apart from looking at the badge.

ating 11-06-2012 02:59 AM

lol funny story, though I don't know why an "M" badge is illegal. Cop was just embarrassed that he made an ass out of himself hahaha!!

Kstrooch 11-06-2012 03:28 AM

Surely the make and model of your car would have come up from punching in your plates? :S

Goondaddy 11-06-2012 03:30 AM

Not calling you out or anything. But honestly, I seriously doubt that the cop didn't have better things to do than pulling over a 10+ year old BMW when there's a muscle car "drifting around the corner". Either your story is embellished or you made it up.

Yes, there are instances of the law enforcement being knob-jockeys, but they don't ignore hooning in any shape or form.

N4NOOK 11-06-2012 03:31 AM

Stop the press......cop does his job!

pythonis 11-06-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goondaddy (Post 14875292)
Not calling you out or anything. But honestly, I seriously doubt that the cop didn't have better things to do than pulling over a 10+ year old BMW when there's a muscle car "drifting around the corner". Either your story is embellished or you made it up.

Yes, there are instances of the law enforcement being knob-jockeys, but they don't ignore hooning in any shape or form.

Wish I had my dash cam playing, Its my first ever time being pulled over and I assure you that I did not make this up :\ but its your word against mine and I can only tell you what I saw

YGOAMG 11-06-2012 03:43 AM

I doubt its illegal..

should have called his bluff and gotten him to give you a summons..
i would of

DesiredM 11-06-2012 03:57 AM

Lol I wonder who would have looked like the idiot in court.

I had an ///M badge on my old Z3 and even had quad exhausts at the back of it for a little while and never got any attention from the cops even though the actual exhaust was way to loud for the street. Anyway either the cop was a douche or just bored.

pythonis 11-06-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N4NOOK (Post 14875293)
Stop the press......cop does his job!

Indeed he was, but as i'm still a P plater and in townsville, A p plater driving anything with an M badge could mean its stolen :P understandable.

but I will leave this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7sPwAJGP1a8

its number 50 :P thats a heap of bad drivers :P (also yes thats me at 25ish seconds, teehee... no I was hungry not driving badly :P)

MSportBMW 11-06-2012 04:33 AM

I hate ///M stickers on non-m cars personally. There are other variants with convey motorsport that you can choose from ;)

forzamilan10 11-06-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSportBMW (Post 14875356)
I hate ///M stickers on non-m cars personally. There are other variants with convey motorsport that you can choose from ;)

+1

M badges are reserved for M cars. Just my 0.02.

M3 CS 11-06-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan10 (Post 14875357)
+1

m badges are reserved for m cars. Just my 0.02.

+ 1