E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New House = New Neighbors (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=954438)

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:18 AM

New House = New Neighbors

So I'm moving into a 3 BR house this week (renting). I am really good friends with the lady that lived there before me with her 3 year old daughter. She told me that the neighbors across the street keep a good eye on the place and looked after her (being a single mother with a young girl in a so/so neighborhood I saw this as a good thing). It turns out the father of the house across the street is a customer of the bank I work at and I see him about once a week and am very friendly with him and he is aware that I am moving into the house.

First week of moving in:
Day 1: I pull in, mother comes outside within 5 min. of me being there and writes down my lisence plate #. She then sits in her car and watches me until I leave.
Day 2: I pull in and as I'm unloading things I can see the outline of a figure standing in the doorway (glass front door) watching me the entire time I'm unloading. As I'm leaving the son pulls up (with another guy, both are approximately 25-30 years old). I make direct eye contact with them and wave, they both just stare at me.
Yesterday: After work I took some boxes over there at 6:00pm it was already dark at this point, after I finish unloading, as I'm going to my car I see a HUGE black dude standing on their front porch staring at me (not smoking or anything, he's just outside watching me) so I wave and get nothing, as I back out of the driveway I roll down my window and wave again, nothing.

Not meaning to be racist or intentionally disrespectful but their background is unintelligent African American.
WTF is wrong with these people.

Just wondering what I can do to "mess" with these people, I don't want to really start off on the wrong foot with new neighbors (especially since the dad is a customer) but I do want to let them know that I know they're watching me, and yes I have read the "flood light thread". LOL

T R E 11-06-2012 09:20 AM

might go say hello and introduce yourself first.

kaput 11-06-2012 09:22 AM

Get one of those laser pointers that can cause pain, and shoot it at them. They'll learn.

makecopies 11-06-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngillan (Post 14875779)

Not meaning to be racist or intentionally disrespectful but their background is unintelligent African American.

:hmm: How do you know this?

xxcosmicxx 11-06-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

So I'm moving into a 3 BR house this week (renting). I am really good friends with the lady that lived there before me with her 3 year old daughter. She told me that the neighbors across the street keep a good eye on the place and looked after her (being a single mother with a young girl in a so/so neighborhood I saw this as a good thing). It turns out the father of the house across the street is a customer of the bank I work at and I see him about once a week and am very friendly with him and he is aware that I am moving into the house.

First week of moving in:
Day 1: I pull in, mother comes outside within 5 min. of me being there and writes down my lisence plate #. She then sits in her car and watches me until I leave.
Day 2: I pull in and as I'm unloading things I can see the outline of a figure standing in the doorway (glass front door) watching me the entire time I'm unloading. As I'm leaving the son pulls up (with another guy, both are approximately 25-30 years old). I make direct eye contact with them and wave, they both just stare at me.
Yesterday: After work I took some boxes over there at 6:00pm it was already dark at this point, after I finish unloading, as I'm going to my car I see a HUGE black dude standing on their front porch staring at me (not smoking or anything, he's just outside watching me) so I wave and get nothing, as I back out of the driveway I roll down my window and wave again, nothing.

Just wondering what I can do to "mess" with these people, I don't want to really start off on the wrong foot with new neighbors (especially since the dad is a customer) but I do want to let them know that I know they're watching me, and yes I have read the "flood light thread". LOL

See what you did right there? That is called a major contradiction. :facepalm:

SHOoff11 11-06-2012 09:27 AM

The movie Gran Torino comes to mind...

NOVAbimmer 11-06-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makecopies (Post 14875792)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxcosmicxx (Post 14875801)
See what you did right there? That is called a major contradiction. :facepalm:

:rofl:

the cognitive dissonance is strong with OP.

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makecopies (Post 14875792)

The lady that lived there for a year before me told me about them. I know the dad from the bank and the son goes by the name "cornbread" he makes his money by mowing the neighbor's yards. Dad runs a tow truck company and they have car parts scattered all over their yard. Not that this these facts necessarily dictate "lower intelligence" but they do imply it. I think I recall my friend saying that the son does have some kind of mental disability too. Kind of pisses me off though that I try to wave or say "hi" to them and they just stare me down and do nothing.

kaput 11-06-2012 09:28 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zKBbtj9rWr...+Torino+02.jpg

NOVAbimmer 11-06-2012 09:28 AM

Are you sure she said "looked after her"

because it seems like they're definitely keeping an eye on the place, and they're definitely looking at you.

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 14875812)
Are you sure she said "looked after her"

because it seems like they're definitely keeping an eye on the place, and they're definitely looking at you.

Its almost like they're keeping an eye on the house for the landlord or something. I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw next door now instead of the pretty white girl that he's grown acustomed to.

kaput 11-06-2012 09:33 AM

GEt a cardboard cut out made of a guy holding binoculars, and put it in one of the windows of the house... Shows them "you are watching them".

13// 11-06-2012 09:33 AM

sorry to spoil all the excitement, but what does their race has to do with anything? Plenty of stupid, creepy people around of all races

SLVR JDM 11-06-2012 09:34 AM

I'd move. I would not feel comfortable at all with the sorts of things that you say are already going on.
Additionally, I'd make sure that I was armed at all times, even inside your own house.

Chris3Duke 11-06-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

First week of moving in:

I'm having a hard time following. The people watching you are the people you described in the beginning, that were friendly with the single mom you are friends with, and moving into her old house?

If so, ask you friend to introduce you, or failing that, go over there and introduce yourself. IMO, having a good relationship with your neighbors makes your life SO much easier, ESPECIALLY in a so-so neighborhood.

You may be totally misinterpreting their actions, and they may only be shy. You should do everything you can to start off on the right foot...

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaput (Post 14875818)
GEt a cardboard cut out made of a guy holding binoculars, and put it in one of the windows of the house... Shows them "you are watching them".

:lmao:

PERFECT, I already have a cardboard cut out of "the most interesting man in the world....just need to add binoculars!

rohde88 11-06-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngillan (Post 14875814)
Its almost like they're keeping an eye on the house for the landlord or something. I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw next door now instead of the pretty white girl that he's grown acustomed to.

I too, am jealous of your ten year old car

pakman3 11-06-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngillan (Post 14875814)
I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw

My Ride: 2002 325ci

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:43 AM

Side note that I forgot to mention: there are people that live below me (basement of my house is a completely seperate residence). I'm going to try to talk to them today.

ngillan 11-06-2012 09:45 AM

maybe I'll invite my black friends over this weekend to let them know that I'm "down with the brown".