E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Pulled 3 car lengths on a 330 from 0-90mph (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=955249)

jared_wiesner 11-10-2012 01:30 PM

Pulled 3 car lengths on a 330 from 0-90mph

Pretty pleased with myself and my car and had to share :) sorry if it means nothing to you. But for those that know what I have into my build, this bit of news may interest you. I was driving today (of course on closed private roads) when I came across a 330i. Got a few good runs side by side where I pulled significantly every time (and every time I let him get on the gas first). Got stopped side by side eventually and went. He shot out of the hole first (again, I waited for his go) and pulled about 1 car length in front of me. I quickly caught up and by the time we reached 90 I was 3 car lengths ahead of him. Stopped after and quick chatted through the window, he has a stock 330i 5speed. Pretty happy with those results. Still can't wait to get it all tuned.

xixixi 11-10-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared_wiesner (Post 14888457)
Pretty pleased with myself and my car and had to share :) sorry if it means nothing to you. But for those that know what I have into my build, this bit of news may interest you. I was driving today (of course on closed private roads) when I came across a 330i. Got a few good runs side by side where I pulled significantly every time (and every time I let him get on the gas first). Got stopped side by side eventually and went. He shot out of the hole first (again, I waited for his go) and pulled about 1 car length in front of me. I quickly caught up and by the time we reached 90 I was 3 car lengths ahead of him. Stopped after and quick chatted through the window, he has a stock 330i 5speed. Pretty happy with those results. Still can't wait to get it all tuned.

nice man! This is what it's all about. Put in the time, get the results! :thumbup:

bryce-o 11-10-2012 02:30 PM

You have a 328i with no cats, aftermarket camshafts, tuning, possibly intake/exhaust, right? Id hope you'd rape a stock e46, regardless of nods in the other [non-m] e46. Congrats, I suppose?

jared_wiesner 11-10-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce-o (Post 14888536)
You have a 328i with no cats, aftermarket camshafts, tuning, possibly intake/exhaust, right? Id hope you'd rape a stock e46, regardless of nods in the other [non-m] e46. Congrats, I suppose?

You gotta remember that with a 328i I started 30 horses down from a stock 330. Plus, I had close to 100 pounds of amp/subs in my trunk. And I am running a cat (not that it really makes a difference). Also keep in mind that in a 1/4 mile type format, 1 car length is approximately .1 seconds ET which is approximately equal to 10 WHP. Given that we ran from 0-90MPH I'd say we were very close to having run an exact quarter mile.

I'd say its expected but great to experience none-the-less.