E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   'BREAKING BAD' is one hell of a good show.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=955482)

adaseb 11-11-2012 10:46 PM

'BREAKING BAD' is one hell of a good show....

Been searching for what to watch since most movies are garbage these days.

From a forum recommendation a few people suggested Breaking Bad and damn it's one hell of a good show

Kind of like Sopranos and equally as good

So if you're ever bored and want something enjoyable to download try Breaking Bad

Amoeba 11-11-2012 10:50 PM

I couldn't make it past the second episode. I guess it gets better after that?

2003 325i 11-11-2012 11:00 PM

It's abso****inglutely incredible. I just got caught all the way up yesterday... and the latest episode... wow, **** has really hit the fan. I love Breaking Bad.

kuksul08 11-11-2012 11:03 PM

All I hear about is this show and Dexter from my coworkers and friends. Which one is better?

v8 5 11-11-2012 11:04 PM

wat is going on here

Bart Taylor 11-11-2012 11:06 PM

breaking bad=awesome start to now
dexter=awesome first 3 seasons, not really awesome after that IMO

M3LIKECHIPS 11-11-2012 11:07 PM

It is a stunning show, im a huge fan. Seen all the episodes thus released several times through with new people to the show. Basically the entire first season is purely character development. It really picks up.

Dan99 11-11-2012 11:17 PM

late to the party

personally i prefer dexter, but both are great shows

C4RLOS 11-11-2012 11:38 PM

I'm surprised at the amount of people that are just getting into this show. :nono: :rofl:

Maniac 11-11-2012 11:41 PM

Awesome show
Agree that season 1 is all character development season 2 on really picks up

nardog 11-12-2012 12:00 AM

Breaking Bad is an awesome show. If you want to watch a show that has been regarded as one of the best of all time, and also is my favorite ever..you should watch the wire.

DOCTOR 3VIL 11-12-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Taylor (Post 14891504)

This.

Breaking Bad for me is the best show ever!!
A close second is Rescue Me!

ab325 11-12-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpnardi (Post 14891617)
Breaking Bad is an awesome show. If you want to watch a show that has been regarded as one of the best of all time, and also is my favorite ever..you should watch the wire.

I agree. The Wire is the best show I have ever seen.

GlockMan 11-12-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adaseb (Post 14891464)
Been searching for what to watch since most movies are garbage these days.

From a forum recommendation a few people suggested Breaking Bad and damn it's one hell of a good show

Kind of like Sopranos and equally as good

So if you're ever bored and want something enjoyable to download try Breaking Bad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amoeba (Post 14891473)

It gets DRAMATICALLY better as it goes on. :thumbsup:

Mark M 11-12-2012 07:49 AM

Agreed.....Big Breaking Bad fan here.

One slight observation...first season Skyler looked hot to me....then ever since the baby she just has a frumpy look. Marie looks more the hottie.

boostedisbetter 11-12-2012 08:21 AM

Breaking bad really is a great show. Probably one of the best written and filmed series of our lifetimes. Seriously. If you don't like to think deep into your shows and don't care about great filming and writting, you won't like this show....

Dexter is badass as well, and the fact that Deb and Dexter are actually married in real life makes it that much better, IMO. There is some really great acting in this show and they always seem to keep the story fresh with new characters and such... I just recently found out that Travis Marshall was actually Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks son!

Also, if you are looking for a realllly good comedy/drama, watch Shameless, the US version, it's FVCKING hilarious and Feona on that show is smoking HOT and always getting naked lol.

Californication is also a fav...

If I was to rank series (not major networks like abc/nbc) I'm watching right now I would say:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Dexter
3. Shameless
4. Californication

"weeds" lost my respect a LOOONNNG time ago. :facepalm:

Also tried to watch 'the wire', guess it was too political/serious for me...

SDKmann 11-12-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 (Post 14892042)
If I was to rank series (not major networks like abc/nbc) I'm watching right now I would say:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Dexter
3. Shameless
4. Californication

"weeds" lost my respect a LOOONNNG time ago. :facepalm:

Pretty good ranking. Haven't started Californication. Im glad that they're ending Breaking Bad now. This is the right time to end the show, before it gets drawn out and starts going downhill.

Just started Shameless too, if you described the premiss of the show to someone it wouldn't sound to interesting but it is very well done.

My guilty pleasure is Battlestar Galactica, very awesome show.

boostedisbetter 11-12-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDKmann (Post 14892062)
Pretty good ranking. Haven't started Californication. Im glad that they're ending Breaking Bad now. This is the right time to end the show, before it gets drawn out and starts going downhill.

Just started Shameless too, if you described the premiss of the show to someone it wouldn't sound to interesting but it is very well done.

My guilty pleasure is Battlestar Galactica, very awesome show.

Yea, agree on ending BB...

You will LOVE shameless! It only gets better! I can't wait for the new season in January. If you like a shameless, you will for sure like Californication, it's like the rich man's shameless... It's really dirty and wity as hell, sometimes I miss some of the jokes until I go back and watch it again. Great story line too. I HATED David Duchovny before I watched it... Now I love this guy! "WE'VE GOTTA SQUIRTER!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...You know, people have raved about Battlestar Galactica, but do you have to be big into Sci-fi?

DylloS 11-12-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amoeba (Post 14891473)

watch it dude. It's seriously one of the best tv shows of all time. I'm not saying this, the people that matter are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Taylor (Post 14891504)

I guess you slept through season 4. The best one.

Marcb2g 11-12-2012 09:28 AM

This show stole my life when I finally started watching it on Netflix, finished 4 seasons in little over 2 weeks. One of the best shows I've seen in years (though I don't watch much tv).